SunGard

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – Very friendly staff. Pretty standard stuff. Resume questions, basic finance questions, and brainteasers. Had a group interview and each interviewer asked a brainteaser. Each interviewer was really nice and easy going. Make sure you know items on your resume and how they translate to you new job. My overall experience was great.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of basic finance questions and brainteasers aimed at analyzing your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had three interviews:
First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Interview Question – Quantitative question   View Answer

Consultant

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was with a Senior Consultant. The interview was mainly behavior but they were looking for technical answers. Questions were fairly straight forward and about 5 questions total.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you faced a problem and did not know the answer. How did you face the problem and what did you do creatively to find a solution?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview Details – Sungard take you through several interviews with different employees. I had one with a senior consultant and the Head of Sales. They generally focused on motivational questions, going through the CV thoroughly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Sungard?   View Answer

Consulting Interview

Consulting

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with HR and then with hiring manager. Once passed through those there was an in person interview and a presentation. People attended the presentation in person AND online using WebEx so be ready to do an online presentation at the same time you present in person.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase effectiveness of the consulting approach in this area?   View Answer
  • How many gas stations are in your state?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were very firm about vacation being limited to 3 weeks, and I gave in. Don't. After I was on board I found lots of people had negotiated more vacation. Salary negotiation was okay. Benefits are good, and being able to live multiple places is a real perk

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!