SunGard

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had three interviews:
First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Interview Question – Quantitative question   View Answer

Consultant

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was with a Senior Consultant. The interview was mainly behavior but they were looking for technical answers. Questions were fairly straight forward and about 5 questions total.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you faced a problem and did not know the answer. How did you face the problem and what did you do creatively to find a solution?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview Details – Sungard take you through several interviews with different employees. I had one with a senior consultant and the Head of Sales. They generally focused on motivational questions, going through the CV thoroughly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Sungard?   View Answer

Consulting Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with HR and then with hiring manager. Once passed through those there was an in person interview and a presentation. People attended the presentation in person AND online using WebEx so be ready to do an online presentation at the same time you present in person.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase effectiveness of the consulting approach in this area?   View Answer
  • How many gas stations are in your state?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were very firm about vacation being limited to 3 weeks, and I gave in. Don't. After I was on board I found lots of people had negotiated more vacation. Salary negotiation was okay. Benefits are good, and being able to live multiple places is a real perk

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard Consulting interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees and interview candidates.