SunGard Consulting Services Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.8

Consultant Interview

Interview

They were very kind and pleasant to deal with, and I enjoyed the interview process. They are laid-back and the environment seemed really nice. I got to ask a lot of questions about the industry, and it felt like they care about their workers. I learned a lot from the interview process and got to show what I knew, and was overall very positive.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did not ask too many technical questions, but was more interested in my overall knowledge of how everything is put together, and more big-picture concepts like the software development cycle. He did ask about some sorting algorithms, but it was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview

Initial Phone interview, followed by 3 onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your passion, what would you do if you werent doing this and why arent you doing that instead?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview

HR Manager confirms your interest in the position and schedules an online technical test
    Technical test was outsourced and run by IKM Online, most of the questions were typical interview questions, measuring you for a wide range of .NET/SQL skills

After clearing the online test, HR Manager schedules inperson meetings
    Interview was highly technical, you can expect to meet Manager or Senior Manager

Interview Questions

• Questions on design and more specifically design patterns (subjective), and continuous integration   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very ad hoc process.

Negotiation

They are well below the going market rates, and know it but are taking advantage of the economy.

Sungard Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Austin, TX).

Interview

Totally behavioral, only 30 minutes long - asked me a five standard questions about "a time when you..." or "what would you do if.." very straightforward and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a leader and how did you delegate people?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Irving, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a good one. I was fortunate in the sense that I was an internal referral, so my process was quicker than perhaps other internal positions we currently recruit on.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle high-stress situations?   Answer Question

Manager Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviews very informal, at that time they needed specific skill ASAP, so most of the time it was related to skill interview and very little on behaviour questions.
    Most of the interviewer are very people oriented, they really try to get to know you personally. They want this to be a two ways commitment between the company and the individual for a long term relationship.

Interview Questions

• List possible issue/bottle neck when designing a virtual server configuration. Also explain how to minimize the potential risk/issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, possibly you can negotiate for additional vacation out of the standard 3 weeks for the new joiner.

Business Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Birmingham, AL) in October 2009.

Interview

Took too much time. unorganized and low-ballers.

Interview Questions

• What type of car do you drive - why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Counter offer was countered back but it took 3 days so i almost moved on.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in August 2009.

Interview

My initial contact with the company was via a colleague from a prior firm who had recently joined SunGard Consulting Services. An SCS recruiter conducting a phone screen, following which I had another phone screen with a Principal. A couple of weeks later I was brought into the office for face to face interviews with a Senior Manager and two Principals. A week later I was brought back to interview with another Principal and a Partner.

All of the interviews focused on my relationships with clients and my approach to sales. There was some discussion of my operational skills, but very little. Each interviewer -- particularly the Partner -- went into depth on my approach to client relationships and selling.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because the salary represented a 20% pay cut.

User Experience Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 days I had received an email confirmation followed up with a phone call to schedule an interview.
    I was impressed by the professionalism and execution of the process.

The phone interview call came promptly. The recruiter was an employee, that was refreshing.
    I was ask to "talk about my last position"
    Once I finished, she quickly assessed that I may be over qualified & asked what my past & desired compensation.
    when I told her & she replied that position will pay a max of $50K, she will keep me in mind for better matched opportunities.
    I was not rushed off the phone & found interviewer to be very respectful.

Interview Questions

I was overqualified, position was very junior