SunGard Consulting Services

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview Details – Initial Phone interview, followed by 3 onsite interviews

Interview Question – What is your passion, what would you do if you werent doing this and why arent you doing that instead?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview Details – HR Manager confirms your interest in the position and schedules an online technical test
Technical test was outsourced and run by IKM Online, most of the questions were typical interview questions, measuring you for a wide range of .NET/SQL skills

After clearing the online test, HR Manager schedules inperson meetings
Interview was highly technical, you can expect to meet Manager or Senior Manager

Interview Question – Questions on design and more specifically design patterns (subjective), and continuous integration   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Applications Consultant Interview

Business Applications Consultant
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in October 2009.

Interview Details – Took too much time. unorganized and low-ballers.

Interview Question – What type of car do you drive - why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Counter offer was countered back but it took 3 days so i almost moved on.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview Details – Very ad hoc process.

Negotiation Details – They are well below the going market rates, and know it but are taking advantage of the economy.

Sungard Consultant Interview

Sungard Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview Details – Totally behavioral, only 30 minutes long - asked me a five standard questions about "a time when you..." or "what would you do if.." very straightforward and conversational.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were a leader and how did you delegate people?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Senior Technical Recruiter
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was a good one. I was fortunate in the sense that I was an internal referral, so my process was quicker than perhaps other internal positions we currently recruit on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes.

Manager Consultant Interview

Manager Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews very informal, at that time they needed specific skill ASAP, so most of the time it was related to skill interview and very little on behaviour questions.
Most of the interviewer are very people oriented, they really try to get to know you personally. They want this to be a two ways commitment between the company and the individual for a long term relationship.

Interview Question – List possible issue/bottle neck when designing a virtual server configuration. Also explain how to minimize the potential risk/issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, possibly you can negotiate for additional vacation out of the standard 3 weeks for the new joiner.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in August 2009.

Interview Details – My initial contact with the company was via a colleague from a prior firm who had recently joined SunGard Consulting Services. An SCS recruiter conducting a phone screen, following which I had another phone screen with a Principal. A couple of weeks later I was brought into the office for face to face interviews with a Senior Manager and two Principals. A week later I was brought back to interview with another Principal and a Partner.

All of the interviews focused on my relationships with clients and my approach to sales. There was some discussion of my operational skills, but very little. Each interviewer -- particularly the Partner -- went into depth on my approach to client relationships and selling.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because the salary represented a 20% pay cut.

User Experience Manager Interview

User Experience Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and within 2 days I had received an email confirmation followed up with a phone call to schedule an interview.
I was impressed by the professionalism and execution of the process.

The phone interview call came promptly. The recruiter was an employee, that was refreshing.
I was ask to "talk about my last position"
Once I finished, she quickly assessed that I may be over qualified & asked what my past & desired compensation.
when I told her & she replied that position will pay a max of $50K, she will keep me in mind for better matched opportunities.
I was not rushed off the phone & found interviewer to be very respectful.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I was overqualified, position was very junior

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through campus recruiting and got an interview. It was one on one with a Senior Consultant. It was a lot different than your traditional interview with behavioral questions. I felt like I had to lead the interview and the interviewer wouldn't talk.

Interview Question – There were no questions. That was the difficulty in the interview.   Answer Question

Worked for SunGard Consulting Services? Contribute to the Community!