SunGard Financial Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had multiple(8 face to face and 4 telephonic) interview rounds and 2 lunches with the hiring team. Seems like they really wanted to make sure that they hire someone who is exactly what they need. Overall the process was smooth and everyone was very helpful. Yet, I did not get reimbursed for my travel for interview purposes, which I was been told I would be reimbursed. The process took almost 5 months which was painful. The hiring team was great and people were really smart. For me, I approached senior management via social networking and thus got my interviews. It was very important to impress the management to keep things moving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. The salary is towards the lower side of average but in this economy, it was ok. I had another offer but in SunGard, learning curve is steep and that was one of my requirements.

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems in March 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a lot longer than it should have been. The first interview was on campus with the manager. Questions were very basic and non-intimidating. Second interview consisted of meeting with various of members of the team - again very basic and non-intimidating. Offer was not formally sent until many weeks of false promises that it would be in the mail soon.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were speaking with an upset client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not stop interviewing at other firms even if a verbal offer is made.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard Financial Systems

Worked for SunGard Financial Systems? Contribute to the Community!