SunGard Financial Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Sales Interview

Account Executive Sales
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems in February 2013.

Interview Details – Good, except employer would not allow me to provide notice to current company. Interview process was not easy or considerate of current responsibilities at current employer, but can be worked through. Phone conversation, then face to face, then meeting upper management, Powerpoint presentation, Offer, Drug test, Personality test. Many steps, but reasonable.

Negotiation Details – It was short. The compensation and opportunity is fair .

Graduate Training Program Interview

Graduate Training Program

Interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems

Interview Details – A few interviews are included in this process. First, is a phone interview. Second, is a 1-1 interview. Finally, there's a panel interview. The interview process is both professional and friendly. They really try to have a good understanding of who you are and what you can bring to the company.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous employer and how does it differ from this position?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring took a longtime- almost 4 months from 1st interview to on-boarding. Interview process was very standard- many questions about past experience and knowledge for the job at hand. Nothing "out of the ordinary"- no google type "you're alone on an island, what do you bring" type garbage.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much of one- they had their limit and I either accepted or they would go with next guy.

Partner Interview

Partner
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems.

Interview Details – four interviews

Interview Question – why would you like to work in capital markets   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not very flexible

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Company purchased former employer and recruited the emploiyees. Given a new quota and continued with same salary.

Interview Question – How long did I expect tom stay with the new company.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

Interview Details – Very thorough and professional. Good Follow-Up

Interview Question – None were unexpected. Simply talked about former experience and value-add I could bring..   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Professional Services Consultant

Interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems

Interview Details – Submit resume to HR, go through one round of interview usually and the management will then decide. The interview process doesn't last for too long but it took a very long time for them to send out the offer letter which I do not understand since if they really wanted to hire someone immediately, why didn't they just expedite the whole process?

Interview Question – Trivia questions are the most unexpected ones as I would put it   Answer Question

Tax and Compliance Accountant Interview

Tax and Compliance Accountant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems.

Interview Details – The interview was straightforward and easy. It entailed 3 people and the questions were about my work experience

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had multiple(8 face to face and 4 telephonic) interview rounds and 2 lunches with the hiring team. Seems like they really wanted to make sure that they hire someone who is exactly what they need. Overall the process was smooth and everyone was very helpful. Yet, I did not get reimbursed for my travel for interview purposes, which I was been told I would be reimbursed. The process took almost 5 months which was painful. The hiring team was great and people were really smart. For me, I approached senior management via social networking and thus got my interviews. It was very important to impress the management to keep things moving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. The salary is towards the lower side of average but in this economy, it was ok. I had another offer but in SunGard, learning curve is steep and that was one of my requirements.

IT Auditor Interview

IT Auditor
Wayne, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SunGard Financial Systems in March 2008.

Interview Details – I had one phone and two in-person interviews with SunGard. The phone interview was with a senior team member and we talked about my aptitude and interest in working in technology audit. It lasted about an hour. My first in-person interview was with the head of the department and three staff members. The questions were relevant to the job with a minimal number of "interviewy" questions. My last in-person interview was with the head of the department and HR. Overall I felt the process was fair and there was adequate communication.

Interview Question – What is your experience in operating tools to assess the security of IT networks?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard Financial Systems

Worked for SunGard Financial Systems? Contribute to the Community!