SunGard

Very Difficult Interview

Client Support Specialist Interview

Client Support Specialist
Geneva, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – HR interview by phone was fine, then a grueling in-person interview with 5 people. 2 of the 5 were jerks and inappropriate. One asked if I liked sports and talked about sports a lot. I guess he wanted to weed out those that don't like sports? He also asked what my life's biggest mistake was. Appalling. The other jerk must have been threatened and insecure about his job. He plopped down in the chair with a chip on his 5 foot tall shoulders and blurted hostile questions at me like I was seen at a scene of a crime.

Interview Question – Do you like sports? What sports do you like? What's your favorite team? What's your life's biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – Very friendly staff. Pretty standard stuff. Resume questions, basic finance questions, and brainteasers. Had a group interview and each interviewer asked a brainteaser. Each interviewer was really nice and easy going. Make sure you know items on your resume and how they translate to you new job. My overall experience was great.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of basic finance questions and brainteasers aimed at analyzing your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ambit Risk Intern Interview

Ambit Risk Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details – interviewed on campus, 2 rounds of interviews back to back. both interviews include the usual behaviorial questions, asking about previous experience on the resume, and questions on prob and stats. and yes brain teaserd

Interview Question – monty hall problem. then asked what if the host does to process twice   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews

Interview Question – Typical interview. No curve balls or trick questions.   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Regional Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview Details – Took several months from initial interview to start date. Very involved, met numerous management teams. All very willing to provide insight into the company, culture and open position. SunGard was in growth mode at the time. People were excited to be part of the team. Inteviews focused on sales performance and team development. Strong culture and work ethics stressed.

Interview Question – What books had I most recently read.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick - hiring manager wanted the position filled.

Operations Tech Interview

Operations Tech
Somerville, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Question – Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   View Answer

Vice President Accounting Operations Interview

Vice President Accounting Operations
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiting process is long with multiple screenings / interviews

Interview Question – Candidates in finance need to bring a detailed understanding of best practices in our industry. Be prepared to answer questions relating to process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is some room for negotiation of salary, vacation, bonus, relocation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant Interview

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant
Calabasas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SunGard in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Question – What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
What is your salary history?
Why have you left previous employers?
Why are you interested in working here?
What do you know about investment accounting?
What do you know about general accounting?
What do you know about the company?
  Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details – applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Question – getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees and interview candidates.