SunGard

2.9

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard.

HR interview by phone was fine, then a grueling in-person interview with 5 people. 2 of the 5 were jerks and inappropriate. One asked if I liked sports and talked about sports a lot. I guess he wanted to weed out those that don't like sports? He also asked what my life's biggest mistake was. Appalling. The other jerk must have been threatened and insecure about his job. He plopped down in the chair with a chip on his 5 foot tall shoulders and blurted hostile questions at me like I was seen at a scene of a crime.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like sports? What sports do you like? What's your favorite team? What's your life's biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ week,
    Interview process is very long, so many rounds depend on your profile
    1 round : Technical skill test
    2 round : 1:1 (technical interview with manager )
    3 round : 1:1 (technical interview with Senior Process manager )
    4 round: Telephonic (with US Process Head )
    5 round: HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in March 2012.

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions
    • Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   View Answer
    Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Specialist- Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in June 2010.

Initial call to offer letter completed in 2 weeks.
    3 rounds - Technical, Manager and HR

Interview Questions
    • Questions are asked related to Testing and specifically questions are related to skill sets mentioned in Resume.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Started with a phone interview with HR and then with hiring manager. Once passed through those there was an in person interview and a presentation. People attended the presentation in person AND online using WebEx so be ready to do an online presentation at the same time you present in person.

Interview Questions
    • How would you increase effectiveness of the consulting approach in this area?   View Answer
    • How many gas stations are in your state?   View Answer
    They were very firm about vacation being limited to 3 weeks, and I gave in. Don't. After I was on board I found lots of people had negotiated more vacation. Salary negotiation was okay. Benefits are good, and being able to live multiple places is a real perk

Senior Java Developer Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

The interview is consider a phone interview and 2 hours on site interview.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in September 2010.

First interview was 1:1 interview with Team lead and this was mostly technical. The asked about various testing concepts and lots of core java question.
    Second interview was also 1:1 with the project manager, there were mostly IQ related questions and few simple technical question on data structure.

Interview Questions
    Not much Negotiation was done. I already had an offer and I was offered 30-40k on top of it.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

There were 4 stages of interview, mostly from the Domain side since I was hired for the same. Was asked quite detailed questions.

A good salary.

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in June 2012.

Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a technical support?   View Answer

Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

SQL Server Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

They first called me in the last week of September '12 for first face to face round.
    within a week they called me again for second f2f techno functional round, and the manager was looking very impressed with my profile.
    Immediately after this discussion the Recruitment HR head had a discussion on notice period and compensation.
    Very next day he asked for my sal slips and latest appraisal letter and told me that they are in process of rolling out me an offer.

I waited till mid of October '12 and then called him, and his answer was we are in process. And till the date I did not get any offer, even HR stopped picking my calls after sometime.

So, my question here is why the hell you call upon candidates just like that if you are not sure about your requirements or budget. If a candidate doesn't join a company after accepting offer, these companies used to blacklist them, so what kind of behaviour would this be considered ?

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were good and upto industry standards.   Answer Question