SunGard

Updated Dec 25, 2014
Updated Dec 25, 2014

2.9

Project Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard.

It was very straight forward. Very nice people too.

The interview took just over 2 hours.

About an hour for technical discussion and c++ written test

Afterwards there was another round of interview that last an hour plus for business knowledge and soft skills.

Overall it was a nice experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in January 2012.

I had a very informal interview due to a personal connection. I was asked about my capabilities with Excel and time management skills. The job had to be taught regardless, so the interview was more about informing me of what I was going to do and analyzing whether I could do it or not. As I said it wasn't very straightforward.

Project Lead Interview

AS usual nothing specific and it is all about the domain and project you have worked earlier and roll and responsibilities you had in your position and what are the challenges you have faced.

Ambit Risk and Performance Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions
    • mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ week,
    Interview process is very long, so many rounds depend on your profile
    1 round : Technical skill test
    2 round : 1:1 (technical interview with manager )
    3 round : 1:1 (technical interview with Senior Process manager )
    4 round: Telephonic (with US Process Head )
    5 round: HR

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SunGard.

I applied for the system engineer job through a HR person who contact me via Linkdin profile, it took 3 months to complete the hiring process as there are 2 interviews ,one over the phone and final one F2F. First interview is more technical then last one.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard.

HR interview by phone was fine, then a grueling in-person interview with 5 people. 2 of the 5 were jerks and inappropriate. One asked if I liked sports and talked about sports a lot. I guess he wanted to weed out those that don't like sports? He also asked what my life's biggest mistake was. Appalling. The other jerk must have been threatened and insecure about his job. He plopped down in the chair with a chip on his 5 foot tall shoulders and blurted hostile questions at me like I was seen at a scene of a crime.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like sports? What sports do you like? What's your favorite team? What's your life's biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

Very friendly staff. Pretty standard stuff. Resume questions, basic finance questions, and brainteasers. Had a group interview and each interviewer asked a brainteaser. Each interviewer was really nice and easy going. Make sure you know items on your resume and how they translate to you new job. My overall experience was great.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of basic finance questions and brainteasers aimed at analyzing your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard.

Had 1st interview in Apr, Head of FP&A said 2nd interviews would be done "quickly", no response until I sent follow up email - got OOO for 2 wks , then in Wk 3 got a random email saying feedback was positive once 1st stage was done would hear back on stage 2... never heard from them since