SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.9

Oracle Functional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Wayne, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very well and fair !

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Conducted an initial call with the corporate recruiter who described the position and set up the follow up phone screens. Next was a technical phone screen with the director of the team. Discussed various topics for nearly 90 minutes. A week later I had a second phone screen with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• You have to design a system that let's each customer log in to see their systems, but not anyone else's. How would you go about designing this? What would you be concerned with from a security perspective?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions

• mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question

Engineer-Product Development Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview

applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Questions

• getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room to negotiation

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a technical support?   1 Answer

Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (North Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions

• Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a very informal interview due to a personal connection. I was asked about my capabilities with Excel and time management skills. The job had to be taught regardless, so the interview was more about informing me of what I was going to do and analyzing whether I could do it or not. As I said it wasn't very straightforward.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

An initial Phone Interview led to a half day on site interview with a series of 5 interviews that involved potential peers, and supervisor

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Location

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions

• STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question
    • What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question