SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.9

Ambit Risk and Performance Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions
    • mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question

Engineer-Product Development Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SunGard.

2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Questions
    • getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question
    not much room to negotiation

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in June 2012.

Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a technical support?   View Answer

Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in March 2012.

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions
    • Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   View Answer
    Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in January 2012.

I had a very informal interview due to a personal connection. I was asked about my capabilities with Excel and time management skills. The job had to be taught regardless, so the interview was more about informing me of what I was going to do and analyzing whether I could do it or not. As I said it wasn't very straightforward.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

An initial Phone Interview led to a half day on site interview with a series of 5 interviews that involved potential peers, and supervisor

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be in five years?   View Answer

Location

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in January 2011.

There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions
    • STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question
    • What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Took several months from initial interview to start date. Very involved, met numerous management teams. All very willing to provide insight into the company, culture and open position. SunGard was in growth mode at the time. People were excited to be part of the team. Inteviews focused on sales performance and team development. Strong culture and work ethics stressed.

Interview Questions
    Quick - hiring manager wanted the position filled.

Vice President Accounting Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

Recruiting process is long with multiple screenings / interviews

Interview Questions
    • Candidates in finance need to bring a detailed understanding of best practices in our industry. Be prepared to answer questions relating to process.   Answer Question
    There is some room for negotiation of salary, vacation, bonus, relocation