SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

First interview was 1:1 interview with Team lead and this was mostly technical. The asked about various testing concepts and lots of core java question. Second interview was also 1:1 with the project manager, there were mostly IQ related questions and few simple technical question on data structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much Negotiation was done. I already had an offer and I was offered 30-40k on top of it.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunGard in February 2008.

Interview

it was a campus placement and i was asked to go to Sungard's office for a one-one interview. I had two rounds of interviews. One for domain and the other one for HR.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ week, Interview process is very long, so many rounds depend on your profile 1 round : Technical skill test 2 round : 1:1 (technical interview with manager ) 3 round : 1:1 (technical interview with Senior Process manager ) 4 round: Telephonic (with US Process Head ) 5 round: HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (North Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations. 2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems. 3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions

• Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Senior UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Intiially, recruiter sent me an email for which i have expressed my interest. They did one tel round, one coding round, technical round, 1-1 round, hr round. After all these rounds they said there is another client round which was pending from 2months. I don't understand this. why there are taking such a long time, atleast there should be a communication from hr saying it will take time to roll-out offer. But there is no such kind of communication...instead i have to check with them.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

There were 4 stages of interview, mostly from the Domain side since I was hired for the same. Was asked quite detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• Regarding Derivative trading in OTC environment   1 Answer
    • SQL related questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A good salary.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were very swift as the hiring manager was very experienced and keen on me to join from the outset. The process became more prolonged when the inefficient american side of the business threw various spanners in the works and prolonged the process on the basis of due diligence.

Interview Questions

• Identify your biggest three weakness and what would your former employer say about you   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and drawn out

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR and then with hiring manager. Once passed through those there was an in person interview and a presentation. People attended the presentation in person AND online using WebEx so be ready to do an online presentation at the same time you present in person.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase effectiveness of the consulting approach in this area?   1 Answer
    • How many gas stations are in your state?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very firm about vacation being limited to 3 weeks, and I gave in. Don't. After I was on board I found lots of people had negotiated more vacation. Salary negotiation was okay. Benefits are good, and being able to live multiple places is a real perk

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SunGard (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with agency, and a simple math based test. Followed by in-depth phone interview. Followed by 1:1 interview and further problem-solving questions.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

Interview

The interview is consider a phone interview and 2 hours on site interview.