SunGard

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews

Consultant Interview

Consultant

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   View Answer

Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview Details – Apart of technical questions be prepared for aptitude questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Train A
    70 km/h
    9.30 AM

Train B
    50 km/h
    10.00 AM

Total Distance between Pole A and Pole B is 1000 kms
    When both trains will clash with eachother ?
      Answer Question
  • Write a program to find prime numbers between 1 to 100000.

primes = []
    for x in range(1,100000):
        for y in range (2, x-1):
            if x % y == 0:
                break
        else:
            primes.append(x)
    print "Prime Numbers: ", primes

NOW OPTIMIZE IT. (Yeilling)
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

Interview Details – An initial Phone Interview led to a half day on site interview with a series of 5 interviews that involved potential peers, and supervisor

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in five years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Location

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in December 2011.

Interview Details – It took around 30+ days so it is slow,but the internal process involves lots of discussion and authority to clear the candidate and give the final offer.

Interview Question – how did you manage the transaction setting up boundaries?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is better than average offered by the industry.you cannot negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview Details – Normal procedure, normal duration , 2 rds

Interview Question – What is the career path ultimate goal   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Want to stay in the current company

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Interview Details – general questions regarding your previous job, then technical test. The test was all about C++, common questions about class, inheirtance, polymorphism, overload, override.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not much space to negotiate, they are quite stingy

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in August 2008.

Interview Details – On c,pus job. Initial 1:1 technical interview. Follwed by group panel interview

Interview Questions

• What is difference between arraylist and linked list   View Answer
  • Write, efficient code for extracting unique elements from a sorted list of array. e.g. (1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 9, 9, 9, 9) -> (1, 3,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be prepred with the technical question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview Details – I first had an online test. It needed abit of preparation but generally would be fine after practicing before taking the test.

After that I had 2 1:1 interviews with 2 employees at the company. The interview was almost mainly fit questions. No technical questions at all.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you solved a problem that others could not solve.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial screening consisting of basic java questions and concerning some frameworks such as spring

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary is Negotiable. Do Negotiate

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in March 2010.

Interview Details – Said wanted a Sr Dev, got through 2 rounds or tech I-view

Interview Question – How would you implement multi-language option in the application.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The HR sounded so dead and I was comming back to a same question, as if she did not aspire to leave her last job... damn