SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunGard in January 2014.

Interview

Two person interview (senior and junior) members from the team. Few general coding questions on Fibonacci sequence and other basic a-level maths questions. Some basic plotting of graphs and finding the minimum and minima of an equation. General background discussion, history of SunGard, motivation for applying. Job description involves Quantatative Analyst but in reality is mobile coder, financial institutions instruct the "QA" on what to code. The QAC may also help explain coding to some of the actual analysts at the bank.

Interview Questions

• Fibonacci Sequence - short sequence of generic code identifiying potential bugs or problems that may be problematic given some exceptions (i.e. User inputs size 0 in array).   Answer Question

Inside Graduate Sale Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application
    Telephone Interview: Why Sungard, what are your experience
    Online test: Personality test
    Group assessment Day; Group work and one on one test presentation.
    Last, 3 Min presentation explaining why do you want to work in financial sales and why should Sungard select me?

Interview Questions

• Assessment Day

What is your biggest achievement?

Name one famous person you admire?

Group Test 1: In a group decide which famous person should be on the boat and justify why. Only 5 people can make the boat. decide as a group and present to the sales leaders.

Group test 2: As a group come up with a new innovation and present this new idea to the group of sales leaders.

Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard (City of London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days for a telephone interview. After the interview, was sent an online personality test to see whether I would be suitable for the role. After the test, was contacted on the same day, and was successful for the next round of face to face interview in their Canary Wharf office. Travelled down to London all the way taking about 8 hours via car and plane. After the interview had to come back on the same day. Four days later, rang to see if I have been successful or not for the assessment centre, because if successful, I would have an overlap with another company's assessment centre. Rang at 10am in the morning, was promised to be called back. At 4pm, rang again to see what is happening, to find out that the person was no longer available in the office. Then it was the weekend, and never heard back from them.

It is disgraceful to see companies doing things this way. Travelled 16 hours there and back for an interview, with no reimbursements whats so ever, and they cannot even make an effort to send an Email back letting you know whether you have been successful or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself? Why Sungard? Why the financial services and sales?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

You need to send your resume for referral, You will get a call for written test, after this there will be technical interview, after this there will be manger round.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Brief question around java and deployment architecture. Core java and J2EE concepts they have BPM process which was asked. There was core team for which they were looking for candidates

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with several Principals & Partners of the Consulting/Professional Services area; Quick, yet thorough, questioning and discussions. Final interview with Partner was interesting in that he asked what I can tell him that I haven't already told the other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be considered for the Senior Manager role versus the Manager role? Explain prior experience and job functions at SunGard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Several questions and clarification of what role I was to fill. I mentioned the salary I made as a Director at CSC, yet I was willing to take a salary $22K lower than that job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a 4 hour process. It was a walk in. So many candidates were there. I had to write 2 programs. I wrote them in C language. One of the program was to write a function that would convert int to string & another function to convert string to int. One more program was to print ascii values of a character input. Lot of time was given to write these programs.

Interview Questions

• I had to write 2 programs. I wrote them in C language. One of the program was to write a function that would convert int to string & another function to convert string to int. One more program was to print ascii values of a character input. Lot of time was given to write these programs.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

phone interview from the hr dept. if you pass that you move onto the manger
    after two interview calls you are asked to do a 10-15 minute presentation.
    then they will give another call back to see if youare still interested

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Conducted an initial call with the corporate recruiter who described the position and set up the follow up phone screens. Next was a technical phone screen with the director of the team. Discussed various topics for nearly 90 minutes. A week later I had a second phone screen with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• You have to design a system that let's each customer log in to see their systems, but not anyone else's. How would you go about designing this? What would you be concerned with from a security perspective?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

One through the phone and one on person. Both very friendly, on the phone a bit technical but mainly fit interviews and character questions. Very easy going and casual interviews. Beneficial for me to see the offices and workplace and help me decide to join or not.

Interview Questions

• If I have a problem with extensive travelling for seeing clients all over Europe   1 Answer