SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Very thorough and professional. Good Follow-Up

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected. Simply talked about former experience and value-add I could bring..   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SunGard (Calabasas, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
      What is your salary history?
      Why have you left previous employers?
      Why are you interested in working here?
      What do you know about investment accounting?
      What do you know about general accounting?
      What do you know about the company?

Answer Question

Oracle Functional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Wayne, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very well and fair !

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Interview

Submit resume to HR, go through one round of interview usually and the management will then decide. The interview process doesn't last for too long but it took a very long time for them to send out the offer letter which I do not understand since if they really wanted to hire someone immediately, why didn't they just expedite the whole process?

Interview Questions

• Trivia questions are the most unexpected ones as I would put it   Answer Question

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Conducted an initial call with the corporate recruiter who described the position and set up the follow up phone screens. Next was a technical phone screen with the director of the team. Discussed various topics for nearly 90 minutes. A week later I had a second phone screen with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• You have to design a system that let's each customer log in to see their systems, but not anyone else's. How would you go about designing this? What would you be concerned with from a security perspective?   1 Answer

Tax and Compliance Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was straightforward and easy. It entailed 3 people and the questions were about my work experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions

• mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question

Engineer-Product Development Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Good, except employer would not allow me to provide notice to current company. Interview process was not easy or considerate of current responsibilities at current employer, but can be worked through. Phone conversation, then face to face, then meeting upper management, Powerpoint presentation, Offer, Drug test, Personality test. Many steps, but reasonable.

Negotiation

It was short. The compensation and opportunity is fair .

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was relatively informal as I was recommended by another employee. The decision was made quickly again as I was a recommendation and had prior history with a related company. The Human Resources process was dragged out and somewhat confusing. Full Background check

Interview Questions

• To describe two different customer situations: one that I handled well and another that I did not handle well and what I learned from the experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the initial offer