SunGard

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews

Interview Question – Typical interview. No curve balls or trick questions.   Answer Question

Ambit Risk Intern Interview

Ambit Risk Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details – interviewed on campus, 2 rounds of interviews back to back. both interviews include the usual behaviorial questions, asking about previous experience on the resume, and questions on prob and stats. and yes brain teaserd

Interview Question – monty hall problem. then asked what if the host does to process twice   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

Interview Details – An interview can be defined as the oral test of a candidate who had applied for a post for employment or admission.

As no one knows about his future like it one cannot know about the questions to be asked by an interviewer.

As the field of knowledge is very vast so the field of ques­tioning is very vast. Interviewer is at a liberty to ask question from any field of knowledge.

This is luck of the candidate if his field of knowledge coincides with that of the members of the interview board. This is the matter of fate if the replies appeal to them.

The difference of giver and seeker makes the members of the in­terview board on the superior side as they are givers and we are seek­ers.

Interview Question – Why do you change your stream?   Answer Question

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Senior FIN Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – Had 1st interview in Apr, Head of FP&A said 2nd interviews would be done "quickly", no response until I sent follow up email - got OOO for 2 wks , then in Wk 3 got a random email saying feedback was positive once 1st stage was done would hear back on stage 2... never heard from them since

Interview Question – Just the basic questions- nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Interview Details – general questions regarding your previous job, then technical test. The test was all about C++, common questions about class, inheirtance, polymorphism, overload, override.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not much space to negotiate, they are quite stingy

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Technical Support/Customer Service
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in June 2012.

Interview Details – Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a technical support?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had three interviews:
First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Interview Question – Quantitative question   View Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – The interview was a good-cop/bad-cop two-man tag team approach. One interviewer was very friendly and open, the other was aggressive and spent the whole interview trying to trip me up. The interview itself had no coverage of influencing skills, soft skills, architecture skills, or sales skills. The entire process was a highly focused on a technical Q&A where the bad cop tried to break me.

Interview Question – Highly technical details of Fibre Channel over Ethernet and OSPF to the level that a subject matter expert would be expected to answer (i.e. not an architect).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to work for the bad cop. He gave me an extremely negative impression of the company. I also didn't want to work at their Heathrow offices part time (they are in the middle of nowhere).

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Senior Engineer - Product Development
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – 4 rounds,
1 round from Pune team,
2 round from Onsite
3 face to face, Manager
4 round face to face, Sr manager same day as above (More of personality and attitude check)

Interview Question – questions were very basic and depends on project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary below standards,