SunGard

Interview Details – Had 1 phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about experience   Answer Question

Software Analyst Summer Internship Interview

Software Analyst Summer Internship

I applied in-person and interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – Online test, telephone interview, two tests(mathematics, programming)

Interview Question – Summarize risks of a gambling company   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked me mainly about my previous job experience and projects that i have undetaken in the past. Also asked about some financial knowledge mainly about derivatives.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

SQL Server Developer Interview

SQL Server Developer
Pune (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details – They first called me in the last week of September '12 for first face to face round.
within a week they called me again for second f2f techno functional round, and the manager was looking very impressed with my profile.
Immediately after this discussion the Recruitment HR head had a discussion on notice period and compensation.
Very next day he asked for my sal slips and latest appraisal letter and told me that they are in process of rolling out me an offer.

I waited till mid of October '12 and then called him, and his answer was we are in process. And till the date I did not get any offer, even HR stopped picking my calls after sometime.

So, my question here is why the hell you call upon candidates just like that if you are not sure about your requirements or budget. If a candidate doesn't join a company after accepting offer, these companies used to blacklist them, so what kind of behaviour would this be considered ?

Interview Question – Interview questions were good and upto industry standards.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details – Detail oriented interview.

Interview Question – Can't rememebr the most difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were willing to negotiate vacation.

Engineer-Product Development Interview

Engineer-Product Development

The process took 4 days - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – 2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Question – I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in February 2012.

Interview Details – where do you see yourself in 5 years
why should we hire you?
name a few of your key achievements during your career?

Interview Question – give me an example of failure and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Technician Interview

Operations Technician

I applied online and interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – Did interview with this company and I can sum it up with one word, "bizarre".
Arrive to the building with no reception, just buzz to let you in.

Meet the hiring manager, told me to wait in meeting room for 15mins.
In the middle of interview he keeps getting calls and talk on the phone and when I ask questions he gets really annoyed.
Really awkward experience

Anyway, decided within the first 5 min that I will definitely not working with this kind of people.

Interview Question – nothing difficult, just typical interview questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details – Went through a round of telephonic interview.
Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Question – The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details – I interviewed for a business analyst role in Cambridge. The people I met seemed friendly and chatty at first, but the offices were pretty awful for a company turning over several £billion. There was no reception, just buzz to be let in. Then you seemed to walk straight into a kitchen. Very bizzare.

Anyway, the interview lasted around 3 hours, involving several problem solving questions and a presentation. The people who interviewed me seemed to get annoyed rather quickly when I asked further questions. And seemed eager to leave. Decided within the first 10 min that I would turn down any offer as I wouldn't like to work with the people there. Other regional offices may have been better.

Interview process:

1. Problem solving. A probability problem invovling the roling of a die. Roll a 1,2, or 3 you get nothing, roll a 4 or 5 you get £1, roll a 6 you get £2 and another roll. They required you to calculate the expected value of the game.

2. Problem solving. You had 50 min. to solve a problem using their software. You are given a software package that was several years out of date and ask to solve a client problem. Apparenlty there was no "right" answer. They seemed more interesed in the "report" you wrote at the end than your solution to the problem.

3. A presentation. You must give a 10-15 min presentation.

Interview Question – Find a solution to a software problem, write an email response to a client.   Answer Question