SunGard

60 candidate interviews

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Senior Engineer - Product Development
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details – 4 rounds,
1 round from Pune team,
2 round from Onsite
3 face to face, Manager
4 round face to face, Sr manager same day as above (More of personality and attitude check)

Interview Question – questions were very basic and depends on project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary below standards,

Oracle Functional Interview

Oracle Functional
Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in October 2013.

Interview Details – First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

Interview Question – Nothing is difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very well and fair !

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details – applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Question – getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiation

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant Interview

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant
Calabasas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SunGard in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Question – What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
What is your salary history?
Why have you left previous employers?
Why are you interested in working here?
What do you know about investment accounting?
What do you know about general accounting?
What do you know about the company?
  Answer Question

Vice President Accounting Operations Interview

Vice President Accounting Operations
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiting process is long with multiple screenings / interviews

Interview Question – Candidates in finance need to bring a detailed understanding of best practices in our industry. Be prepared to answer questions relating to process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is some room for negotiation of salary, vacation, bonus, relocation

Manager Interview

Manager
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview Details – telephonic to face to face & hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• your partner is employed in same office different department how will this affect your outputs   View Answer
  • this post is possibly below where you should be how does this make you feel   View Answer

Negotiation Details – stated my requirments which were met

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2011.

Interview Details – That was a slow process without any proper notification on time.
You need to follow up the concerned HR again and again for your status.

Applications Support Interview

Applications Support
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the role of Application Support Analyst at a listed derivatives technology division and was emailed by the in-house recruiter, who clarified the salary range on offer. After replying that I was happy to proceed with the application, it all went silent.

After one month or thereabouts, I got a phone call from the recruiter, explaining that the position had been put on hold for a while but was now re-opened. He arranged for me to be interviewed by the Operations Director and I thought the interview went very well. At the end of the interview, the Director mentioned that it might be a while before I hear from them due to the number of applicants.

After waiting for over two months, I emailed the recruiter and also left him a voicemail to find out whether I was still being considered for the next round or not but was never contacted back. A few weeks later, the status of my online application was changed from 'considering' to 'withdrawn' and I also noticed the position was being re-advertised.

The experience was completely unprofessional and discorteous and certainly reflects poorly on the firm's culture.

Interview Question – What do you understand by business management?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in February 2011.

Interview Details – Organized, patient

Interview Question – A c++ programing test, with 10 questions.   Answer Question

SSE Interview

SSE
Pune (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SunGard in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview experience was good. Was not too in depth for a senior level position. job role and expecaion was told in detail.

Interview Question – Design patterns...   Answer Question