SunGard

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.9

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunGard.

The interview was a good-cop/bad-cop two-man tag team approach. One interviewer was very friendly and open, the other was aggressive and spent the whole interview trying to trip me up. The interview itself had no coverage of influencing skills, soft skills, architecture skills, or sales skills. The entire process was a highly focused on a technical Q&A where the bad cop tried to break me.

Interview Questions
    • Highly technical details of Fibre Channel over Ethernet and OSPF to the level that a subject matter expert would be expected to answer (i.e. not an architect).   Answer Question

I didn't want to work for the bad cop. He gave me an extremely negative impression of the company. I also didn't want to work at their Heathrow offices part time (they are in the middle of nowhere).

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

4 rounds,
    1 round from Pune team,
    2 round from Onsite
    3 face to face, Manager
    4 round face to face, Sr manager same day as above (More of personality and attitude check)

No negotiations. Salary below standards,

Oracle Functional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in October 2013.

First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

very well and fair !

Software Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Questions
    • getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question
    not much room to negotiation

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SunGard in November 2013.

Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
      What is your salary history?
      Why have you left previous employers?
      Why are you interested in working here?
      What do you know about investment accounting?
      What do you know about general accounting?
      What do you know about the company?
        Answer Question

Vice President Accounting Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

Recruiting process is long with multiple screenings / interviews

Interview Questions
    • Candidates in finance need to bring a detailed understanding of best practices in our industry. Be prepared to answer questions relating to process.   Answer Question
    There is some room for negotiation of salary, vacation, bonus, relocation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

telephonic to face to face & hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • your partner is employed in same office different department how will this affect your outputs   View Answer
    • this post is possibly below where you should be how does this make you feel   View Answer
    stated my requirments which were met

Software Developer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in February 2011.

That was a slow process without any proper notification on time.
    You need to follow up the concerned HR again and again for your status.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in November 2010.

I applied for the role of Application Support Analyst at a listed derivatives technology division and was emailed by the in-house recruiter, who clarified the salary range on offer. After replying that I was happy to proceed with the application, it all went silent.

After one month or thereabouts, I got a phone call from the recruiter, explaining that the position had been put on hold for a while but was now re-opened. He arranged for me to be interviewed by the Operations Director and I thought the interview went very well. At the end of the interview, the Director mentioned that it might be a while before I hear from them due to the number of applicants.

After waiting for over two months, I emailed the recruiter and also left him a voicemail to find out whether I was still being considered for the next round or not but was never contacted back. A few weeks later, the status of my online application was changed from 'considering' to 'withdrawn' and I also noticed the position was being re-advertised.

The experience was completely unprofessional and discorteous and certainly reflects poorly on the firm's culture.

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in February 2011.

Organized, patient