SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was a good-cop/bad-cop two-man tag team approach. One interviewer was very friendly and open, the other was aggressive and spent the whole interview trying to trip me up. The interview itself had no coverage of influencing skills, soft skills, architecture skills, or sales skills. The entire process was a highly focused on a technical Q&A where the bad cop tried to break me.

Interview Questions

• Highly technical details of Fibre Channel over Ethernet and OSPF to the level that a subject matter expert would be expected to answer (i.e. not an architect).   Answer Question

I didn't want to work for the bad cop. He gave me an extremely negative impression of the company. I also didn't want to work at their Heathrow offices part time (they are in the middle of nowhere).

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I had three interviews:
    First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
    Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
    Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had 1 phone interview

Software Analyst Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Online test, telephone interview, two tests(mathematics, programming)

Interview Questions

• Summarize risks of a gambling company   1 Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Interviewer asked me mainly about my previous job experience and projects that i have undetaken in the past. Also asked about some financial knowledge mainly about derivatives.

SQL Server Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

They first called me in the last week of September '12 for first face to face round.
    within a week they called me again for second f2f techno functional round, and the manager was looking very impressed with my profile.
    Immediately after this discussion the Recruitment HR head had a discussion on notice period and compensation.
    Very next day he asked for my sal slips and latest appraisal letter and told me that they are in process of rolling out me an offer.

I waited till mid of October '12 and then called him, and his answer was we are in process. And till the date I did not get any offer, even HR stopped picking my calls after sometime.

So, my question here is why the hell you call upon candidates just like that if you are not sure about your requirements or budget. If a candidate doesn't join a company after accepting offer, these companies used to blacklist them, so what kind of behaviour would this be considered ?

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were good and upto industry standards.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Detail oriented interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate vacation.

Engineer-Product Development Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

where do you see yourself in 5 years
    why should we hire you?
    name a few of your key achievements during your career?

Interview Questions

• give me an example of failure and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Did interview with this company and I can sum it up with one word, "bizarre".
    Arrive to the building with no reception, just buzz to let you in.

Meet the hiring manager, told me to wait in meeting room for 15mins.
    In the middle of interview he keeps getting calls and talk on the phone and when I ask questions he gets really annoyed.
    Really awkward experience

Anyway, decided within the first 5 min that I will definitely not working with this kind of people.