SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard (City of London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days for a telephone interview. After the interview, was sent an online personality test to see whether I would be suitable for the role. After the test, was contacted on the same day, and was successful for the next round of face to face interview in their Canary Wharf office. Travelled down to London all the way taking about 8 hours via car and plane. After the interview had to come back on the same day. Four days later, rang to see if I have been successful or not for the assessment centre, because if successful, I would have an overlap with another company's assessment centre. Rang at 10am in the morning, was promised to be called back. At 4pm, rang again to see what is happening, to find out that the person was no longer available in the office. Then it was the weekend, and never heard back from them. It is disgraceful to see companies doing things this way. Travelled 16 hours there and back for an interview, with no reimbursements whats so ever, and they cannot even make an effort to send an Email back letting you know whether you have been successful or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself? Why Sungard? Why the financial services and sales?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

You need to send your resume for referral, You will get a call for written test, after this there will be technical interview, after this there will be manger round.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Brief question around java and deployment architecture. Core java and J2EE concepts they have BPM process which was asked. There was core team for which they were looking for candidates

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with several Principals & Partners of the Consulting/Professional Services area; Quick, yet thorough, questioning and discussions. Final interview with Partner was interesting in that he asked what I can tell him that I haven't already told the other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be considered for the Senior Manager role versus the Manager role? Explain prior experience and job functions at SunGard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Several questions and clarification of what role I was to fill. I mentioned the salary I made as a Director at CSC, yet I was willing to take a salary $22K lower than that job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a 4 hour process. It was a walk in. So many candidates were there. I had to write 2 programs. I wrote them in C language. One of the program was to write a function that would convert int to string & another function to convert string to int. One more program was to print ascii values of a character input. Lot of time was given to write these programs.

Interview Questions

• I had to write 2 programs. I wrote them in C language. One of the program was to write a function that would convert int to string & another function to convert string to int. One more program was to print ascii values of a character input. Lot of time was given to write these programs.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

phone interview from the hr dept. if you pass that you move onto the manger after two interview calls you are asked to do a 10-15 minute presentation. then they will give another call back to see if youare still interested

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Conducted an initial call with the corporate recruiter who described the position and set up the follow up phone screens. Next was a technical phone screen with the director of the team. Discussed various topics for nearly 90 minutes. A week later I had a second phone screen with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• You have to design a system that let's each customer log in to see their systems, but not anyone else's. How would you go about designing this? What would you be concerned with from a security perspective?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

One through the phone and one on person. Both very friendly, on the phone a bit technical but mainly fit interviews and character questions. Very easy going and casual interviews. Beneficial for me to see the offices and workplace and help me decide to join or not.

Interview Questions

• If I have a problem with extensive travelling for seeing clients all over Europe   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was very knowledgeable person and supportive too. Asked very relevant and appropriate questions. There were 4 rounds of interview with 1 round of telephonic interview followed by 1 manager, 1 director and 1 video conferencing round of counter part manger discussion.

Interview Questions

• how to unregister a Virtual machine from the datastore   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Bangalore (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

3 Technical, 1 Onsite round, 2 HR round. Prepare well for the Technical rounds, questions will be asked in depth. Interviewers will expect us write programs for technical F2F. You will be having one Onsite round with US folks. Technical round - 2F2F, 1 Telephonic Onsite Round - Telephonic HR - 1F2F, 1 Telephonic.