SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a very informal interview due to a personal connection. I was asked about my capabilities with Excel and time management skills. The job had to be taught regardless, so the interview was more about informing me of what I was going to do and analyzing whether I could do it or not. As I said it wasn't very straightforward.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

An initial Phone Interview led to a half day on site interview with a series of 5 interviews that involved potential peers, and supervisor

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Location

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Malvern, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Is was technical related to educational software after they acquired sct. Easy going group of interviewers. I first had an initial phone screening in which I was asked basic questions about my education and background.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in May 2011.

Interview

Company purchased former employer and recruited the emploiyees. Given a new quota and continued with same salary.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions

• STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question
    • What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SunGard (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Hiring took a longtime- almost 4 months from 1st interview to on-boarding. Interview process was very standard- many questions about past experience and knowledge for the job at hand. Nothing "out of the ordinary"- no google type "you're alone on an island, what do you bring" type garbage.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of one- they had their limit and I either accepted or they would go with next guy.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Took several months from initial interview to start date. Very involved, met numerous management teams. All very willing to provide insight into the company, culture and open position. SunGard was in growth mode at the time. People were excited to be part of the team. Inteviews focused on sales performance and team development. Strong culture and work ethics stressed.

Interview Questions

• What books had I most recently read.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick - hiring manager wanted the position filled.

Vice President Accounting Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Irvine, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Recruiting process is long with multiple screenings / interviews

Interview Questions

• Candidates in finance need to bring a detailed understanding of best practices in our industry. Be prepared to answer questions relating to process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is some room for negotiation of salary, vacation, bonus, relocation

Trading Positin Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The manager asked me abt my trading experience and the strategies I used before. Ask my opinions about the stock market now and how much is the buying power that I wish to have. What is my risk management and trading plan.

Systems Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Lombard, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple members of the staff. Format was one of a group interview. Very few specific technical questions, and no formal skill test was given. Questions were not terribly difficult, and mostly general rather specific in nature. Most of the interview was about the background and previous projects worked on.