SunGard

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunGard.

The interview was a good-cop/bad-cop two-man tag team approach. One interviewer was very friendly and open, the other was aggressive and spent the whole interview trying to trip me up. The interview itself had no coverage of influencing skills, soft skills, architecture skills, or sales skills. The entire process was a highly focused on a technical Q&A where the bad cop tried to break me.

Interview Questions
    • Highly technical details of Fibre Channel over Ethernet and OSPF to the level that a subject matter expert would be expected to answer (i.e. not an architect).   Answer Question

I didn't want to work for the bad cop. He gave me an extremely negative impression of the company. I also didn't want to work at their Heathrow offices part time (they are in the middle of nowhere).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in January 2012.

I had a very informal interview due to a personal connection. I was asked about my capabilities with Excel and time management skills. The job had to be taught regardless, so the interview was more about informing me of what I was going to do and analyzing whether I could do it or not. As I said it wasn't very straightforward.

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   View Answer

Market Data & Applications Support Trainee Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in July 2011.

I applied for this job in June. I got a call from them for first interview.
    Not to mention How rude their HR was on the phone , but anyways I decided to go and try my luck.
    I went through the first interview and it was quite easy. Then I got a second interview within a week and it went well as well. After that I had to wait two week to find out that I was not selected.
    People there were grumpy and looked torned out.
    I find this company very unproffessions. Receptions is grumpy and extremelly rude.
    Seriously DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a better place to go.
    There are so many better jobs out there!

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SunGard in September 2010.

The interview process was very quick and handled very professionally. But once declined the offer, the HR attitude was unacceptable.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be comfortable working as an individual contributor?   View Answer

The salary structure was horrible.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in January 2011.

There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions
    • STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question
    • What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in May 2009.

The recruiter who contacted me and the hiring manager who interviewed me one on one were both very nice and smart people, but had already formed an opinion of me based on my resume. The entire process focused more on the organization rather than the position and its requirements. I also met with a few representatives of the team who seemed very intelligent, but uninterested in asking me questions about myself.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in December 2009.

This was more like a HR one looking more into why, what value addition, goals & objective, strenghths & weakness, tell about yourself, technical & functional proficiency check etc... It was more of a discussion about the position on offer

Trading Positin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in January 2010.

The manager asked me abt my trading experience and the strategies I used before. Ask my opinions about the stock market now and how much is the buying power that I wish to have. What is my risk management and trading plan.

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in June 2010.

Interviewed by company supervior and client supervisor. Very informal interview, but gave me a good overview of job responsibliities. Interviewing with client, too, provided good insigt into the importance of teamwork and customer service and satisfaction.
    Questions asked were fairly easy; tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions

other offeres, better pay, more challenging.