SunGard

60 candidate interviews

Operations Tech Interview

Operations Tech
Somerville, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Question – Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   View Answer

Market Data & Applications Support Trainee Analyst Interview

Market Data & Applications Support Trainee Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for this job in June. I got a call from them for first interview.
Not to mention How rude their HR was on the phone , but anyways I decided to go and try my luck.
I went through the first interview and it was quite easy. Then I got a second interview within a week and it went well as well. After that I had to wait two week to find out that I was not selected.
People there were grumpy and looked torned out.
I find this company very unproffessions. Receptions is grumpy and extremelly rude.
Seriously DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a better place to go.
There are so many better jobs out there!

Interview Question – Tell me how you solved a technical problem?   Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunGard in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick and handled very professionally. But once declined the offer, the HR attitude was unacceptable.

Interview Question – Will you be comfortable working as an individual contributor?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The salary structure was horrible.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in January 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions

• STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question
  • What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in May 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiter who contacted me and the hiring manager who interviewed me one on one were both very nice and smart people, but had already formed an opinion of me based on my resume. The entire process focused more on the organization rather than the position and its requirements. I also met with a few representatives of the team who seemed very intelligent, but uninterested in asking me questions about myself.

Interview Question – Why do consider yourself an entrepreneur?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in December 2009.

Interview Details – This was more like a HR one looking more into why, what value addition, goals & objective, strenghths & weakness, tell about yourself, technical & functional proficiency check etc... It was more of a discussion about the position on offer

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Trading Positin Interview

Trading Positin
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in January 2010.

Interview Details – The manager asked me abt my trading experience and the strategies I used before. Ask my opinions about the stock market now and how much is the buying power that I wish to have. What is my risk management and trading plan.

Interview Question – nothing special or hard questions   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by company supervior and client supervisor. Very informal interview, but gave me a good overview of job responsibliities. Interviewing with client, too, provided good insigt into the importance of teamwork and customer service and satisfaction.
Questions asked were fairly easy; tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   View Answer

Reason for Declining – other offeres, better pay, more challenging.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview Details – Sungard take you through several interviews with different employees. I had one with a senior consultant and the Head of Sales. They generally focused on motivational questions, going through the CV thoroughly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Sungard?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Computer Services Interview

Computer Services

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in March 2011.

Interview Details – Easy interview process. Interviewed via phone screen with the recruiter and then brought in for an onsite interview. Met with a few people and the interviews were very laid back. Scheduling this took place over approximately 2.5 weeks. 1 week later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question