SunGard

Updated Dec 25, 2014
Updated Dec 25, 2014

2.9

Software Developer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in February 2011.

That was a slow process without any proper notification on time.
    You need to follow up the concerned HR again and again for your status.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in November 2010.

I applied for the role of Application Support Analyst at a listed derivatives technology division and was emailed by the in-house recruiter, who clarified the salary range on offer. After replying that I was happy to proceed with the application, it all went silent.

After one month or thereabouts, I got a phone call from the recruiter, explaining that the position had been put on hold for a while but was now re-opened. He arranged for me to be interviewed by the Operations Director and I thought the interview went very well. At the end of the interview, the Director mentioned that it might be a while before I hear from them due to the number of applicants.

After waiting for over two months, I emailed the recruiter and also left him a voicemail to find out whether I was still being considered for the next round or not but was never contacted back. A few weeks later, the status of my online application was changed from 'considering' to 'withdrawn' and I also noticed the position was being re-advertised.

The experience was completely unprofessional and discorteous and certainly reflects poorly on the firm's culture.

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in February 2011.

Organized, patient

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunGard in March 2011.

Interview experience was good. Was not too in depth for a senior level position. job role and expecaion was told in detail.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in March 2010.

Said wanted a Sr Dev, got through 2 rounds or tech I-view

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement multi-language option in the application.   View Answer

The HR sounded so dead and I was comming back to a same question, as if she did not aspire to leave her last job... damn

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

My interview was with a Senior Consultant. The interview was mainly behavior but they were looking for technical answers. Questions were fairly straight forward and about 5 questions total.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you faced a problem and did not know the answer. How did you face the problem and what did you do creatively to find a solution?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in August 2008.

On c,pus job. Initial 1:1 technical interview. Follwed by group panel interview

Interview Questions
    • What is difference between arraylist and linked list   View Answer
    • Write, efficient code for extracting unique elements from a sorted list of array. e.g. (1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 9, 9, 9, 9) -> (1, 3,   View Answer
    Be prepred with the technical question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

I first had an online test. It needed abit of preparation but generally would be fine after practicing before taking the test.

After that I had 2 1:1 interviews with 2 employees at the company. The interview was almost mainly fit questions. No technical questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you solved a problem that others could not solve.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in February 2010.

There was an initial screening consisting of basic java questions and concerning some frameworks such as spring

Salary is Negotiable. Do Negotiate

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in December 2011.

It took around 30+ days so it is slow,but the internal process involves lots of discussion and authority to clear the candidate and give the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • how did you manage the transaction setting up boundaries?   View Answer
    The offer is better than average offered by the industry.you cannot negotiate.