SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Very organized HR department. All interviews were scheduled with flexibility and everyone respected the set time. Interview with hiring manager and several team members. Once approved, moved on to interview with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some, but not much flexibility.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Makati City (Philippines)) in March 2012.

Interview

A hiring staff from Singapore does all the initial steps of the recruitment process like gathering of personal information and technical skills. Then, you will be recommended for a technical exam in the office which consists of 5 or more programming questions. If you pass the exam, you will then take a 1-2 telephonic technical interviews with the team you are considered (can be from teams in other countries). If you pass the interviews, the final steps are the interview with the project manager and then with the HR manager to discuss the job offer and contract signing.

Interview Questions

• Almost all programming questions in the written exams are difficult. You should study Java interview exams and questions. And also practice solving programming problems. One problem I remember is to write a pseudocode or algorithm for solving the square root of any number.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

I applied for the system engineer job through a HR person who contact me via Linkdin profile, it took 3 months to complete the hiring process as there are 2 interviews ,one over the phone and final one F2F. First interview is more technical then last one.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunGard (Geneva, IL).

Interview

HR interview by phone was fine, then a grueling in-person interview with 5 people. 2 of the 5 were jerks and inappropriate. One asked if I liked sports and talked about sports a lot. I guess he wanted to weed out those that don't like sports? He also asked what my life's biggest mistake was. Appalling. The other jerk must have been threatened and insecure about his job. He plopped down in the chair with a chip on his 5 foot tall shoulders and blurted hostile questions at me like I was seen at a scene of a crime.

Interview Questions

• Do you like sports? What sports do you like? What's your favorite team? What's your life's biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Very friendly staff. Pretty standard stuff. Resume questions, basic finance questions, and brainteasers. Had a group interview and each interviewer asked a brainteaser. Each interviewer was really nice and easy going. Make sure you know items on your resume and how they translate to you new job. My overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of basic finance questions and brainteasers aimed at analyzing your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had 1st interview in Apr, Head of FP&A said 2nd interviews would be done "quickly", no response until I sent follow up email - got OOO for 2 wks , then in Wk 3 got a random email saying feedback was positive once 1st stage was done would hear back on stage 2... never heard from them since

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Good, except employer would not allow me to provide notice to current company. Interview process was not easy or considerate of current responsibilities at current employer, but can be worked through. Phone conversation, then face to face, then meeting upper management, Powerpoint presentation, Offer, Drug test, Personality test. Many steps, but reasonable.

Negotiation

It was short. The compensation and opportunity is fair .

Interview

It was easy. Every thing was related to my current profile. Asked all the question related to my current profile. Its good to have good knowledge of theoretical as well as practical knowledge about what u write in your resume

Interview Questions

Toom much variable component.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

An interview can be defined as the oral test of a candidate who had applied for a post for employment or admission.

As no one knows about his future like it one cannot know about the questions to be asked by an interviewer.

As the field of knowledge is very vast so the field of ques­tioning is very vast. Interviewer is at a liberty to ask question from any field of knowledge.

This is luck of the candidate if his field of knowledge coincides with that of the members of the interview board. This is the matter of fate if the replies appeal to them.

The difference of giver and seeker makes the members of the in­terview board on the superior side as they are givers and we are seek­ers.