SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through a round of telephonic interview.
    Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a business analyst role in Cambridge. The people I met seemed friendly and chatty at first, but the offices were pretty awful for a company turning over several £billion. There was no reception, just buzz to be let in. Then you seemed to walk straight into a kitchen. Very bizzare.

Anyway, the interview lasted around 3 hours, involving several problem solving questions and a presentation. The people who interviewed me seemed to get annoyed rather quickly when I asked further questions. And seemed eager to leave. Decided within the first 10 min that I would turn down any offer as I wouldn't like to work with the people there. Other regional offices may have been better.

Interview process:

1. Problem solving. A probability problem invovling the roling of a die. Roll a 1,2, or 3 you get nothing, roll a 4 or 5 you get £1, roll a 6 you get £2 and another roll. They required you to calculate the expected value of the game.

2. Problem solving. You had 50 min. to solve a problem using their software. You are given a software package that was several years out of date and ask to solve a client problem. Apparenlty there was no "right" answer. They seemed more interesed in the "report" you wrote at the end than your solution to the problem.

3. A presentation. You must give a 10-15 min presentation.

Interview Questions

• Find a solution to a software problem, write an email response to a client.   Answer Question

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a technical support?   1 Answer

Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

There were 4 stages of interview, mostly from the Domain side since I was hired for the same. Was asked quite detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• Regarding Derivative trading in OTC environment   1 Answer
    • SQL related questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A good salary.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

An initial Phone Interview led to a half day on site interview with a series of 5 interviews that involved potential peers, and supervisor

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Location

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Apart of technical questions be prepared for aptitude questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Train A
      70 km/h
      9.30 AM

Train B
      50 km/h
      10.00 AM

Total Distance between Pole A and Pole B is 1000 kms
      When both trains will clash with eachother ?

Answer Question
    • Write a program to find prime numbers between 1 to 100000.

primes = []
      for x in range(1,100000):
          for y in range (2, x-1):
              if x % y == 0:
                  break
          else:
              primes.append(x)
      print "Prime Numbers: ", primes

NOW OPTIMIZE IT. (Yeilling)

1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview

I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

First interview was 1:1 interview with Team lead and this was mostly technical. The asked about various testing concepts and lots of core java question.
    Second interview was also 1:1 with the project manager, there were mostly IQ related questions and few simple technical question on data structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much Negotiation was done. I already had an offer and I was offered 30-40k on top of it.

Computer Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in March 2011.

Interview

Easy interview process. Interviewed via phone screen with the recruiter and then brought in for an onsite interview. Met with a few people and the interviews were very laid back. Scheduling this took place over approximately 2.5 weeks. 1 week later I had an offer in hand.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview

Normal procedure, normal duration , 2 rds

Interview Questions

Want to stay in the current company