SunGard Public Sector Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.7

Software Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SunGard Public Sector.

Interview

I was interviewed by a conference call from a Human Resources employee and one of the supervisors for the area/team I would be assigned to. Prior to the interview they told me some general information about the job and some of the day-to-day expectations that are not mentioned in their recruiting announcement. I enjoyed the interview and they made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do I show if I am feeling "stressed out?"   Answer Question

Software Consultant/Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard Public Sector.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone interview followed by onsite interview with manager, CIO and other individuals currently in the position being applied for. The interview as very laid back, the people and environment were exceptionally welcoming. Thorough background screening is required but was well coordinated and executed within a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question, for me, was (and always will be) explaining what I believe I can bring to the company. I never feel that I truly understand everything they are looking for, specifically, and I truly don't like providing broad, generic, cliché explanations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, slightly, other benefits, etc. were structured and non-negotiable

SunGard Public Sector Response

Dec 2, 2014 – Senior Human Resources Generalist

We appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in our recruitment process at SunGard Public Sector. We take the time needed to make sure that the position and the person are a good fit. It has ... More

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Chico, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

They were very fast at screening me for the position. Within one week of submitting my resume I was called screened and scheduled for an interview. I had several interviews with different Directors and Managers in the company, and really got a feel for everyone before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• In this position the majority of your day will be multitasking between projects and employee needs. How are you qualified to handle this much multitasking?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Lake Mary, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with the SCRUM team and asked a series of questions. Asked to explain past experience and also some behavioral questions. Understand what SCRUM is and how it interjects with the SDLC processes.

Interview Questions

• How would you QA the projector? What is some of your weaknesses, strengths, etc. typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

ZERO negotiation

QA Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

One interview with the QA Manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Mostly behavioral questions like "What would you say is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called and offered the position at more than I had asked for.

Director of Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SunGard Public Sector in November 2010.

Interview

The company conducted at least 12 interviews and seemed to really struggle trying to put together a compensation package to get me in the front door. This should have been the first clue that they were unaccustomed to seasoned veterans in leadership positions. Once landed, I worked extensively with both Sales and Delivery senior leadership to put together plans that more than doubled our delivered business. Unfortunately, SunGard PS is owned by a private equity firm so the investors were going to harvest their returns and let the rank and file compete for what was left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company ended up combining multiple positions to afford (from their perspective) to fund this senior leadership role.