Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard Trading and Risk Systems
- Software Engineer (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Financial Software Intern (1)
- Sales and Operations Internship (1)
- No Offer
The NY team are sharp and know both their technology and the industry standards well. The main interest is in establishing you know the language and also good coding practice. You will also need to describe how you have worked before and give details of what you did, challenges, key achievements, etc.
- Was given a piece of C# code and asked to critique Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a week – interviewed at SunGard Trading and Risk Systems (Lombard, IL) in April 2011.
Initially I applied to the internship via my College Career Services. I was called and briefly asked what I knew about Sungard and some behavioral questions. I was then called by my boss that I ended up working directly for and she told me about what I would be doing for the summer. Then I actually went into the office and met with an HR woman who then hired me. Mostly behavioral questions.
- What is your greatest weakness? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at SunGard Trading and Risk Systems (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.
First round of interview was telephonic.
They then ask you to there location for 1:1 interview.
Regarding 1:1 interview you need to be excellent in basics of C++, Design pattern, data structures.
At last they asked puzzles.
- Data structure problems related to trees. Answer Question
I did negotiate for salary but they did not agree upon that.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at SunGard Trading and Risk Systems (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2012.
Submitted CV and did online test. There then was an interview though this seemed slightly superfluous and the Vice President had already made up his mind. Spent most of the interview talking to me about the company.
- Given a builder that needs to be paid exactly a 7th of a bar of a gold a day for a week and you can only cut the bar twice how can you make sure his demand is satisfied? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at SunGard Trading and Risk Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2009.
Single telephone Interview.Usual questions about past jobs and your strengths and weaknesses, greatest achievements and most difficult work situation.
- Nothing unusual. No trick questions. Answer Question
Sungard did not budge on negotiations at all. Standard Contract was issued to all staff.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review