SunTrust

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Athens, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Applied online. 1st interview was over the phone. 2nd interview was face-to-face. Job offer came over the phone with HR.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SunTrust over other banks in the area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy. Increased offer by 7% and I accepted the same day.

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by an hr recruiter and the follow up interview was conducted by the Area Manager. The branch did not have a branch manager at the time.

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation room. I countered the offer but the hr representative did not budge.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact through a recruiter, then from local management.

Interview Question – All very cut and dry stuff. My best advice is to be honest and genuine. The places in this company where those values are still worth something are actually still very good places to work,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't so much of a negotiation phase as there was an offer to accept or reject. I would be very honest with your compensation expectations, as they tend to not play the "high/low" game without some proof of current compensation. This isn't a place to come in and get a "pay day" initially, but in the right situation, you can earn substantial increases quickly.

Assistant Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – hiring process went well they were good at getting in contact with me in a timely manner. the interview went great. it did not take to long to finish. everything went as i assumed it would go.

Interview Question – when was a time that you had to take control of a situation in the office   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in February 2012.

Interview Details – STAR method of questioning. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Tell me a time when... What was your Task... What actions did you take.... What was the end result... Give me an example of in-the-action coaching... What is your greatest weekness... How do you try to resolve conflict with a coworker... What has been your greatest success... What led to that success...

Interview Question – How do you plan to positively impact the teams already strong performance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on my part, the hiring manager pre-negotiated for me and I was offered the highest possible. It was a flat yes or no.

Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2011.

Interview Details – Unemployment in Ga is hovering over 10% so needless to say I was very excited to land an interview. I was laid off along with several other employees from another bank who was going through financial reorganization. I applied on SunTrust website and was fortunate to receive an invitation for a phone interview. I was even more excited to land a face to face interview.
I interviewed with the Br. Manager and the Regional Manager. The interview appears to be going well until the Br. Manager asked the Regional Manager if he had any questions for me. The Regional Manager first question was in a very accusatory tone he asked me “Companies do not lay-off their best employees why were you laid-off”. He followed that question with another unbelievable question he asked “with a strong resume as yours why are you applying for a job like this”. I felt like he has no idea what is going on in the job market. Then he said to me I have seen many candidates with similar background to yours fail at this job because they only take the job to get into the company. He said the company policy sates you must remain in a position for a year before a transfer will be approved. He also said to me that I will hate coming to work every day. He made a few more surprising statements which caught by surprise.
My advice for other candidate is, if you really want to work for Sun Trust in the NE region be prepared for all types of questions…even questions that appear to discredit you.

Interview Questions

• Companies do not lay-off their best employees why were you laid off?   Answer Question
  • Why are you applying for a job like this given your background?   Answer Question

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – I went through 2 interviews. 1 with the branch manager and one with the area manager they both asked similar questions and it wasn't that bad.

Interview Question – How do you handle a lot of task that need to be done in a short time frame?   Answer Question

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!