SunTrust Business Project Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

Was added to the list of candidates to interview in the midst of SunTrust hiring for project managers in their Enterprise Execution Services department. Had a HR screening telephone interview, followed by a cursory skills interview by telephone, then five face-to-face interviews with hiring managers privately in a conference room.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really difficult. Typical questions like how do you handle conflict, tell my about your skills, etc. However, they seemed to be just going through the motions and were not thorough or penetrating in getting to know me. Also,I learned they do not have a knowledge management capability in place to capture tips, techniques, practices and lessons learned. Additionally, I learned they are just beginning to provide employee professional development training through SunTrust University. I was a bit surprised SunTrust is not farther along and more sophisticated as an organization in it's management systems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in December 2011.

Recruiter contacted me because he had been given my resume by a peer. Promised to send the full job description. Never did. Met with 4 individuals, none of whom knew for which position I was applying. Very unorganized. Recruiter never responded to requests for updates.

Business Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Had two interviews, one with Dept. Mgr., other with Director. Was asked 2-3 specific Project Management questions related to my experience. Was asked what my hardest business decision had been to that point.n I was asked some technical questions regarding the primary function that the department performed. I was new to this function so I referred to similar experience and skills that would transfer well to this new function/knowledge area I would be learning.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected comment was a reference the interviewer made to the difference between how men and women communicate. I was not sure how to respond to that comment, or even if I was supposed to, but it did catch me off guard.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a signing bonus because the position I was leaving had a bonus structure.