SunTrust

2.6

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Very quick process for me, approximately "2" weeks from initial phone interview, to the final in -person interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your manager was not available and a valued customer needed an exception on a large check being cashed. What do you think the bank policy would be? Is it better to follow abnk policy, or is it okay to make an exception with a high dollar client?   View Answer
There was none... I was offered slightly higher starting wage than what I had requested. Bonuses are also given if you meet and surpass your goal..

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in February 2013.

Got an interview from HR, then interviewed by the area manager.

Interview Questions
    • What if you are closing a sale with your client and your teammate is struggling to help an upset client, your teammate asked you to help him with the situation, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust in August 2011.

Recruiter (phone), Hiring manager (4 days later), Area Manager (3 days later). Skill set, expectations, info about company. All very pleasant, professional, not many questions but could be because of my banking background.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the day with 20 minutes left, what would you do if you hadn't been very successful that day?   View Answer
    I put my cards on the table with the recruiter, what I was looking for and what I feel I'm worth. I gave a range that I was comfortable with. After the interviews, offer was a little above my highest range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in July 2011.

Initially, I received a voicemail informing me that I had missed a scheduled phone interview that morning. This was a bit confusing in that I had had no contact, phone or otherwise, with anyone from Suntrust to schedule said interview. A new phone interview was scheduled for the following Monday, and ultimately went well.

Moving on to the 1:1 interview. The Branch Manager was running 30 minutes late, and was a bit distracted during the meeting by outside forces. She needed to deal with situations in the branch throughout the interview, causing an hour long interview to be stretched into two hours. All in all, good feelings were felt upon completion, but due to so many candidates, they have not yet made a decision. I'm getting very close to considering it a wash as it has been almost 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a customer if they requested a service or product not available at Suntrust?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust in June 2011.

I was happy to get a quick response on my application .
    I got an email and a recruiter called me and asked some questions, tested my Spanish level and set up appointments for interviewing on different branches.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in September 2010.

Completed application online. Pretty standard for the industry. Was surprised there was not much to the "personality test". Received a call from HR rep a few days later. Phone interview was VERY easy. They want to hear you say "uncover needs".

Had interview at branch with manager. It was more of a "If I like you personally" interview. I felt like I got the job because the conversation went well on a personal level. He did ask a few questions about if I thought their goals were attainable.

Simple interview all things considered. Was surprised at the lack of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of this X dollar deposit goal?   View Answer
    • Are you comfortable competing with others   View Answer
    Was offered a pretty good deal. Offer seems to be based off of what you were making before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in August 2010.

I applied online, and received a phone call a few days later asking if they could schedule me for a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was pretty easy. She then called back the next day and scheduled me for a one on one interview with the bank manager.

The person interview was very relaxed and standard. They told me exactly what they would expect and answered every question I had.

I'm convinced I didn't get the job because it ended up my school schedule was going to end up conflicting a little.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in July 2009.

You have to apply online. Not the easiest online application process though.

After, I presented myself in person to the branch hiring, they put in a good word for me and I got a call.

An interview was set up with the branch manager, not too bad.

Then, a more in depth hour long phone interview with the hiring recruiter covering everything on my application and discussing details in how I have sold, provided solutions for, and serviced clients in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult client that you could not seem to satisfy and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    At the time there was not any other similar positions available so although I tried negotiating, I did want to loose the opportunity at hand. They affered 24,000 at first & when I reiterated what I earned and considered myself worth she came back with the 28,500.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust in April 2009.

Initial phone screening interview, followed by 3 30 minute interviews with management in the regional area assigned. Received an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for SunTrust?   View Answer
    • Give me a occasion where you were faced with a difficult client?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in March 2009.

Basic interview process - phone interview w/hr and then face to face w/hiring manager. The office personality seemed cold and inpersonable.

Interview Questions
    • How do you like dealing with someone that is very direct?   View Answer