SunTrust

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening interview, followed by 3 30 minute interviews with management in the regional area assigned. Received an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SunTrust?   View Answer
  • Give me a occasion where you were faced with a difficult client?   View Answer

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the recruiter. We did a phone interview and afterwards I was told my information will be forwarded to the hiring manager. I was in process of applying to other job opportunities where I currently worked. So, I was not to worried about the time frame in which I would receive a follow up call. Well, after a couple of weeks I received a call from the recruiter and we scheduled an face-to-face interview. I went to the interview and everything went well. I was very happy the interview I was even introduced to the project manager of the region. Another couple of weeks passed by, and I had almost ruled out the job. However, the very next day I received a call from the recruiter stating that they will love to move on with the hiring process. The next day I took the drug test and submitted my fingerprints. I received my offer letter by email and was set to start at the beginning of the next month (since we had to factor in my two week notice).

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a irrate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate for a higher salary.

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2009.

Interview Details – Basic interview process - phone interview w/hr and then face to face w/hiring manager. The office personality seemed cold and inpersonable.

Interview Question – How do you like dealing with someone that is very direct?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in May 2008.

Interview Details – Must have customer services experience and sales. Also, give examples of different sales/bank issues.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Service Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in August 2010.

Interview Details – After a phone interview, I had a1:1 interview. Recruiter was very pleasant and professional, questions were straight forward and sensible. The position I applied for was already filled and the recruiter told me that there is a similar job opening in a near by location. I was told on the spot that she wanted me to move forward to the interview with the hiring manager. One day after the interview with the manager I received an offer. Everything was fast and efficient. I was treated with dignity.

Interview Question – I do not remember a specific question. It was over a year ago. There was nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2011.

Interview Details – after online application it took almost 2 weeks to hear anything back. I figured I didn't even make the interview process. I then received a call from a recruiter who asked a lot of different personality/sales questions. When the phone interview was complete 2 days later I got the call to interview with the area manager. That interview took approximately 1 hour. I received a call about a week later with a job offer.

Interview Question – what do you like the most about your current job?   View Answer

Financial Service Representative

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2009.

Interview Details – it was fairy easy. did phone interview with hr staff first. After the phone interview hr staff called me back about a day or two days later that the branch manager wants to do a one on one interview. They asked me to come about two or three days later. did the one on one, it was pretty easy, general. within few days they called me and offered the job.

Interview Question – tell me about your job experience?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in June 2011.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed for a teller position on the phone with an HR representative. Two days later, I received a phone call to set up a face-to-face interview, which ended up being with the branch manager and assistant branch manager. A week later, I was called in for another interview, this time with the assistant branch manager and the lead teller. A few days later, I was contacted by an HR representative who told me that the teller position was mine if I wanted it, but SunTrust wanted to offer me a position as a Financial Services Representative. While it was a lengthy process, I am very pleasantly surprised that the company took the time to get to know me and my qualifications and valued my abilities to the point of offering me a better position.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have an dissatisfied/angry customer, and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question
  • In your past experience, how did you go about selling a product to a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In this job market, negotiation isn't really advisable. Besides, SunTrust seems to have some really good benefits.

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, telephone call from hiring recruiter within 2 hours. Scheduled interview with branch manager. Good interview. Friendly Manager. Currently wating for the Area Manager to call me for an interview. Apparently the Area Manager needs to approve who the Branch Managers want to hire and at what salary etc. Called Branch Manager once to follow up and emailed once for a follow up. Typical interview questions.

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the recruiter who scheduled an interview with the Branch Manager. Before leaving the interview, the Branch Manager scheduled an interview with the Area Manager for the next day. After interviewing with the Area Manager I was called by the recruiter 2 hours later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotation was an option but the salary offered was very generous and I accepted.