SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.6

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

I landed an interview with SunTrust through a networking contact. I applied online after i was called for an interview. I met with my soon to be boss and was asked a series of behavioral and metrics based questions around recruitment practices. I also met with one of my soon to be teammates, and that interaction was more conversational and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your cold calling experience. (not really a tough question, but i had to figure out what level of cold calling they were looking for and how it applied to their recruitment model and needs for the position in which I was applying)   Answer Question
    There was a little room for negotiation. I am not afraid to ask for more, so i did, and ended up coming in higher than I expected. The negotiation on their end was a little weak, citing reasons for the salary around budgets and plans for other teammates. I ignored that and asked for what I wanted.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Asked a million behavioral based questions that had nothing to do with the job. I'm overqualified so I felt a little surprised by the number of redundant questions. Tell me where you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in one year? Tell me 5 strengths / 5 weaknesses? How would you deal with a rude person you worked with? Would it bother you if someone you worked with had a disagreement with you... Or what would you do/ how roils you handle working with someone you didn't like. Personally I found it to be relative and stilly.
    Decided I wasn't interested. -- and it was part time!

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SunTrust.

Because of previous position with company, the hiring process was much different than an outside individual coming into the company.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at SunTrust.

Applied for this position at the end of May and got a call back 3 weeks ago. Phone interview was general just asked questions about my experience.I was asked to do an In person interview but didn't do it due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any way that I could prove that I had sales experience?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Very Simple, typical industry interview process for jobs that are paying more than 50, 000 a year. You have multiple interviews with the management teams, the process usually takes about 2 weeks depending scheduling and your availability.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Very detailed on coaching and development. Standard questions. Personality test, skill test, customer service test. Phone interview, second interview, interview panel. Focus is on sales, service, and coaching. Be very specific with experience.

Teller II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

The interview was fairly smooth and easy. No hard questions at all. Just your basic interview questions such as, "what would you do in this situation"..."how would you handle this"...then they begin to give you insight on how the company works and how the hours, etc. will be. The interview overall was short, simple, and great.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any problems with a coworker? If so, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

FInancial Services Representative III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

The usual phone interview from HR, then initial interview with manager, then final interview with area manager. They were very accomodating on the times and locations. Tried to meet where convient for me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprise. Just study your usual interview "what would you do", or "what have you done" questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They just told me what I would make. Came to find out it was the lowest possible for that postition. You can find pay scaled for different markets on their intranet.

Business Banking Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Some technical questions during the interview but primarily situational. They use a formal process of canned questions on the phone interview and use a more human approach in person. The team I interviewed with had a long history of working at SunTrust.

Interview Questions
    They had room to negotiate but put on a very strong front to take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cookeville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at SunTrust in May 2014.

I applied online and signed up to get emails for open positions, I clicked on the email for the position I was interested in and sent my resume. I got called for my interview on Friday to be there the following Wednesday, got called the next day for my offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference in empathy and apology ?   View Answer
    I was very satisfied with my offer especially since I had no experience in banking or sales.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!