SunTrust

204 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Representative Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Very quick process for me, approximately "2" weeks from initial phone interview, to the final in -person interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if your manager was not available and a valued customer needed an exception on a large check being cashed. What do you think the bank policy would be? Is it better to follow abnk policy, or is it okay to make an exception with a high dollar client?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none... I was offered slightly higher starting wage than what I had requested. Bonuses are also given if you meet and surpass your goal..

Personal Banker IV Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on a Saturday.That Monday a recruiter called and did a pre-interview. He recommend that he would like to move forward, but pass a online assessment. Passed that assesment and had a interview that Wed. Made offer the same day. Offered $5K more than what I asked.

Interview Question – All questions are behavioral or situational questions. Ex: Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation at work.."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $4K more that was I was making in my current role, but the ended up giving me $5K more than my offer. So a total of $10K raise for me!

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Athens, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Applied online. 1st interview was over the phone. 2nd interview was face-to-face. Job offer came over the phone with HR.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SunTrust over other banks in the area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy. Increased offer by 7% and I accepted the same day.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Underwriter IV Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SunTrust in September 2010.

Interview Details – Their interview process was straight forward and least stressfull. Following the phone screening by the HR, they scheduled an appointment for me to meet the line manager in FL. A few days before the appointment, they sent ticketing and hotel information to fly me in. Once there, they also furnished a rental car and took care of the meals as well. Next morning I drove to their office and 2 line managers independently interviewed me to compare notes. Within 48 hours, I was informed of my selection and they didn't much fuss about the salary or start date. To top it all off, after the interview, both the line managers took me out for lunch and saw me off to my rental car in the parking lot. Needless to say, I accepted their offer in no time.

Interview Question – The interview was purely job-related and purposely technical. No questions about my weaknesses, what kind of an animal I would like to be or running meaningless scenarios. To the point and short. Max time for both interviews combined was 30 minutes. And this position was for a Vice President, Underwriting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered slightly less than my previous job but the HR shared their set salary guide for the position which had maximums for each position level. Since I was laid-off, I had no choice but to accept. To my surprise, they did offer a nice sign-on bonus to fully meet my last job's salary, at least for the first year. Their salary guide was quite transparent and I was a bit skeptical but later I realized that it was no secret and all my colleagues in my position earned exactly the same money, right down to last figure, which was a relief that they discouraged nepotism.

FSR3 Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2012.

Interview Details – Its easier if you know some one from inside.... in most cases people don't have that, my case I was lucky. Very general questions. First phone interview asking behavioral questions, if you do good you get a on site interview. Face to face interview totally depends on the person who is talking the interview. My case it was very friendly and pleasant.
If you have worked in retail before then can answer all the questions... even better if as a teller at some other bank.
Just use your commonsense people!

Interview Question – where do you see your self in the long run.   Answer Question

In Store Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had an informal conversation with the branch manager about the branch, customers, requirements, etc. He gave me a basic description of the job, what my expectations would be, things about instore environment, and how it would be different from my current role.
I applied through indeed.com, uploaded my resume, and then you have to take a pre employment survey. Asks a lot of behavioral questions about how you work, with people, better motivated by money or recognition, etc.
After that is submitted, I received a call from the hiring department to ask me some more pre-employment questions. This is basically to see what kind of job you are in now, ask questions about requirements of you in that current job, your salary expectations, etc.
About a week later, I had a face-to-face with the branch manager. This was a very informal process because i'd spoke with him previously. After that, about a week later, I received another call from HR to schedule an interview with the area manager.
The area manager interview was mostly behavioral questions. Definitely look up STAR interview questions for this one. The area manager asked me a lot of how I worked in my previous role, what difficult situations had arisen, and how I overcame them.

After the last interview, about another week later, I received a call with the offer from HR. They would not budge on salary, but I was still working on a huge jump from my current role so I accepted happily.

Overall the process was a little lengthy because everything goes through the hiring department, but was well worth the work in the end.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you turned an upset customer into an opportunity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the offer. Got in just below my salary request so I was ok with it.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Applied on internal site. Received a call 3 days later for interview. Interview was quick and easy. Nothing out of the ordinary. Received an offer later that day (background check pending). Started 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – No out of the ordinary questions where presented. Anyone in a sales background would be comfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate

Teller II Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2012.

Interview Details – The process was very simple. I apply online, they called me, ask with I was interested in the teller position, etc.. Then I had interview with the Branch Manager were I went to work. Simple questions, and al my interviewer made me very comfortable and all questions was about my experience as a teller and what I would do in different situations.

Interview Question – I don't remember a difficult question.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2014.

Interview Details – I first received a call where I did a 15 minute telephone interview/introduction. I had to answer questions based on my experience as it would apply to the position I applied for. I was then told I would receive a email with the interview date and location. Upon arrival I was seated in a waiting room with other candidates. I thought i was being interviewed for a particular location but upon discussion with the interviewer(who is also a manager at one of the banking locations) I was told that I could be placed in any of the locations within the city.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at SunTrust in February 2014.

Interview Details – It seemed like this was a new manager that was there to clean up the team and make their mark. 1:1 Interview process was more of a rushed review with very few questions. Learned more about what the job entailed and more importantly what expectations the manager felt were imperative.

Interview Question – Did I know how to use Outlook for communication purposes.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust interview questions and advice. All 204 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees and interview candidates.