SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.6

In-store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a second interview with the area manager. The questions were focused on customer service and recovery situations and leadership as well. I was offered the position 2 days later and accepted it.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SunTrust (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically I apply online. It's took about two weeks for HR to call me. Once I received a call from HR, I was asked three basic questions. Then I received an email with instructions on how to set up in person interview. That process took about a month they kept rescheduling my interview. Basic normal customer service and selling experience Interview questions. The branch manager seemed nice . I'm still waiting on my feedback for the interview that me know if I am going to be offered the position or decline... I think I need to be a little more patient I just had to interview on Tuesday it's only Wednesday

Interview Questions

• How would you handle Irate? Why do you want to work for suntrust?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online for teller position. Got a call the next day for a phone interview, and I was asked 3 behavioral questions and was given an idea of what the job would be like and what I think my starting pay should be. I received an email later with instructions on setting up an in-person interview. I met with the branch manager for the interview, he asked standard 10-15 behavioral questions, he was very friendly and the interview went great. After that, he told me the requirements about the job and gave me a basic run around of what it would be like as a teller. It's basically a sales job. I received a job offer within two days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is slacking off during work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call within two days after the in-person interview. I was given a great offer (in my opinion, and based on the other reviews I've seen on here) so, I did not bother to negotiate. Full medical benefits with incentive to have my pay increased if I perform well.

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at SunTrust (Miami, FL).

Interview

Online application. Follow by phone interview by recruiter where interviewer may indicate a personal interview by potential hiring manager.
    In person interview by manager needing to fill the position and final call by recruiter to discuss been hired and compensation salary

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Situational interview questions, Questions involving unhappy client and how to turn it into a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have any room to negotiate once I gave them the average amount I was interested. I recommend to ask for a higher amount but do previous research on what the company maybe willing to pay.

BSA/AML Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

It was basic and they asked questions on my background and how I could apply it to the current position and I explained myself. Overall it was a great interview and very pleasurable.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions with a few technicals at the end. 3 interviewers - was not a difficult interview, but they were mainly looking for fit and specific interest in SunTrust / the location I was applying to. I was surprised to learn afterwards that it was a one-round interview process

Wholesale Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

I had one forty five minute on campus interview with two commercial banking mangers. The interviewers were incredibly friendly and went out of their ways to find the answers to my questions. The interview was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Offer was extended five days after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine a company's credit worthiness?   1 Answer

Part Time Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in March 2015.

Interview

First, I was called by a recruiter asking if I still was interested and then programmed a phone interview in a couple days. Second, during the phone interview I was scheduled for a personal interview with the branch manager. Finally, a week after the personal interview I was called by the recruiter and received the good news.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with other employees (tellers) who appear to do less work than what they're supposed to?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later received a call from a screener in HR. Ask the typical STAR formatted questions (tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer expectations, blah blah blah.) He gave a brief overview of the position, but it was kind of high level. I was told I would hear whether the hiring manager wanted to meet in 7 days. The 7th day on the dot I received a phone call to set up a in-store interview. I did so and when I arrived, I was dismayed to find it was a Publix with a SunTrust inside. My interview was at 10am, but the manager was still having her early pow wow with the other tellers. She had no idea I was even there for an interview. When I finally sat down, the position was explained to me and I was sorely upset. Although they liked the fact that I had my series 6 and 63 already and wanted that person to be licensed, you're basically only referring to other people (which if you are registered with FINRA, you have to use your license under whomever you are registered. which leads me to believe Suntrust is trying to go into an area they don't know too much about). You are a glorified teller with higher metrics, but cant write financial products. You are also expected to go down the aisles and prospect/ help customers find what they are looking for/refer them to Suntrust. My line of thought is you are probably seeing the same line of clients, and I'm supposed to convince these people to bring their money from Charles Schwab, or Merrill and park it here inside a grocery store? Not to mention the expected metrics points needed to obtain every month, was the same amount 3 other MAJOR banks had required on a quarterly basis. It seemed to be a very high pressure sales situation, and I could go to a dealership and get that with more money. Was waiting on the third interview with the hiring manager but will most likely decline as other banks have better conditions and metrics are a bit more realistic.

Interview Questions

• Would you have any problem prospecting for new business within the aisle's of the store?   Answer Question

Wholesale Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust (Athens, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple. It was posted on my university job search board, I applied, and they came and performed on campus interviews. The questions were very fair, interviewers were fantastic, and I received an offer in just seven days after the interview. The are not interviewing you about extremely technical questions, it is more just behavioral questions designed to feel you at as a person.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see SunTrust, specifically Wholesale banking at SunTrust, in the next 5 years?   Answer Question