SunTrust

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.6

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied online. Received email to attend diversity leadership summit. SunTrust emphasize on teamwork and I can definitely feel that during the summit. People are generally very nice and helpful. They were willing to teach you from the very basics. I had 5 thirty-minute back to back interviews. Questions are mostly behavioral and some technical.

Interview Questions
    • What criticism do you often receive? Why SunTrust? Why IB?   Answer Question

Wholesale Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in November 2014.

I had an on campus interview. I was then selected to attend the final round interviews. They flew me out to the location. I had 4 , 40 minute interviews with the VP's from the different segments of the Wholesale division. The process wasn't extremely difficult, but don't expect it to be easy. A lot of people applied and only a few make the program. Stay focused on being yourself and don't come off as arrogant or fake they will pick up on it easily.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based questions. Describe a situation when...... etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The offer was great!

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

interview process was very typical of behavior based questions - they messed my offer 3 times and it took and extra week for them to figure how to fix it.

Interview Questions
    • nothing very difficult asked - just behavior based questions   Answer Question
    easy

Enterprise Information Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SunTrust.

Applied Online and got a call back for an on-campus interview a few weeks later. Basic behavioral interview with 3 interviewers at the same time. The questions were easy but it was a little intimidating to be interviewed by 3 people at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with SQL, Access and Excel and what is the biggest/advanced project you have worked on?   Answer Question
    None

Wholesale Analyst Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust.

Found out about the program through the college career services. Applied online and selected for an initial interview the following week on campus. Not a difficult interview and everyone was very friendly and professional during the process. I didn't get selected for their next round but it consists of a super day at their main office.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Just the regular behavioral interview questions, tell me about yourself, and why SunTrust?   Answer Question

Treasury Tech Services Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust.

I initially did a phone interview with the recruiter from HR. They asked general interviewing questions, and wanted more detail on my work experience. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager - again, more questions on my experience. I then came in for an in person interview with the hiring manager and 2 other executives - more of the same in terms of questions about my experience, how I would handle certain situations - nothing unexpected for this type of position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any. I thought the interview process was fair and spot on.   Answer Question

I believe that there was a little bit of a disconnect between what I expected and what they were offering. It was in the ballpark, but they couldn't come up enough in salary for me.

Client Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in October 2014.

Very advanced online application with a lengthy skill/personality test in various formats. I got a call from a recruiter the very next morning who did a brief phone interview (tell me about a goal you set for yourself; are you currently interviewing with any other companies; what is your expected salary range) and then immediately afterward he forwarded my resume to the branch manager. Unfortunately I heard back the same afternoon; the hiring manager thought I was too far away from her branch so she declined to interview me, but the recruiter was very supportive and urged me to keep an eye on the website for other locations.

After a week or so one came up closer in my area so I applied. After 3 days I got an email saying I was selected for an interview and to email a person my resume and availability for the following 5 business days. I didn't hear back until the 4th business day, from a different recruiter this time, and we scheduled an interview with a branch manager for the following week.

The interview was pretty simple, questions were mostly about my current role (what do I like and dislike, how is my performance measured), and behavioral questions (tell me about a time when you had to work on a project with a potentially negative outcome).

Less than 48 hours after my interview I received an email letting me know I was not selected. I have 5 years of experience in financial services with a national credit card company and commercial bank, but no branch or retail banking experience, so that may have been a factor. Disappointed as I was looking forward to working at SunTrust!

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike about your current role?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

I landed an interview with SunTrust through a networking contact. I applied online after i was called for an interview. I met with my soon to be boss and was asked a series of behavioral and metrics based questions around recruitment practices. I also met with one of my soon to be teammates, and that interaction was more conversational and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your cold calling experience. (not really a tough question, but i had to figure out what level of cold calling they were looking for and how it applied to their recruitment model and needs for the position in which I was applying)   Answer Question
    There was a little room for negotiation. I am not afraid to ask for more, so i did, and ended up coming in higher than I expected. The negotiation on their end was a little weak, citing reasons for the salary around budgets and plans for other teammates. I ignored that and asked for what I wanted.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Asked a million behavioral based questions that had nothing to do with the job. I'm overqualified so I felt a little surprised by the number of redundant questions. Tell me where you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in one year? Tell me 5 strengths / 5 weaknesses? How would you deal with a rude person you worked with? Would it bother you if someone you worked with had a disagreement with you... Or what would you do/ how roils you handle working with someone you didn't like. Personally I found it to be relative and stilly.
    Decided I wasn't interested. -- and it was part time!

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SunTrust.

Because of previous position with company, the hiring process was much different than an outside individual coming into the company.