SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Due to geographical distance the first interview was conducted by phone followed up by an in-person interview with the entire team that I would be working with. They were very thorough and asked very specific questions about my work experience in the area of focus. The travel arrangements were not reimbursable.

Interview Questions

• To explain what one of my weaknesses was.   1 Answer
    • My experience with Macros.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 days. He was excellent and we set up an appointment for the next day. I had the interview with the branch manager and it went very smoothly. I have over 11 years of banking experience and was more than qualified, and that made it easier. Later that day the recruiter called back to set up a phone interview with another manager for later the same afternoon. That lasted 30 minutes and also went very well. Recruiter contacted me the next morning with the offer, and because of my experience it exceeded what he even thought it would be!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle staying organized?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I researched the salaries on Glassdoor and other sights, and had a realistic expectation, but because of my extensive background I asked for a little more. They actually came back a few thousand dollars higher than that. Be realistic and don't ask for an outrageous amount because they won't consider you. Get the job, prove your value and the money will come.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Williamston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

I seen the job posting on indeed so I applied. Filled the application out along with an assessment test which took about an hour n half to complete both. Surprisingly I got a call from 3 hours later with an on call interview. She basically asked me 3 simple questions told me a little bit about the position and that she would send my interview with her to the talent team! 4 days later I received an email stating that would like for me to set up an face to face interview. Set the interview which was actually the next day. Met with the branch manager an client service specialist! Ask me general interview questions nothing that would surprise you, interview went great upon leaving they told me I would hear something back from them! Week an a half later I received the call with the job offer! Based off my interview they promoted me to teller 2 with more pay!!

Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The interview was very behavioral. I was escorted into the office of our area manager and was asked a variety of questions; the topics ranged from what I would do in certain situations (angry clients, clients asking for privileged information, lots of clients waiting in line, etc.). There was a discussion in the first thirty minutes on what the salary was going to be. There was little room given for negotiation and I had little leverage, as I was not prepared for this topic so early in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How will you plan to balance the duties of being a teller and at the same time being a personal banker?   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

It is an interview about your experience and behavior. First introduce yourself briefly, then discuss questions about your goal, expectation, interest. After, ask questions are about behavior, like most challenging project, teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me one of the commitment that you didn't achieve   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Applied online and within a couple of days got a call from the recruiting manager. She asked a few basic HR questions and forwarded my information to the Branch Manager. I got a call from the BM to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was difficult, with an extreme focus on sales rather than great customer service while finding the best products for their customers. Also, the two BM's I interviewed with gave off a superiority complex that wasn't very pleasant. All and all, a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something you can't live without? Ok, now sell that to me.   Answer Question

Teller Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Macon, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, the 2 managers that interviewed me were great. The questions were the normal. They asked what would I do if I had a problem with a employee. Basically work it out and show respect to them. Listen to their side of complaint and tell them what they did wrong or explain how they could have approached the situation differently.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer comes in irate and upset?   1 Answer

Portfolio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

During a phone interview with a SunTrust Human Resources VP, I was told I was the first candidate to be advancing to the next stage of the interview process starting as soon as they could find other candidates to interview with me. I week went by and I heard nothing back from SunTrust. When I emailed and called, I was notified that the things I was told during the phone interview were never said, that they already had several "highly qualified" candidates, and they were very close to a hire. I am still very confused and I do not believe I am getting the truth to why I was not given an interview after being told I would.

Interview Questions

• Excel expertise? Biggest thing you have overcome? Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

In-store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a second interview with the area manager. The questions were focused on customer service and recovery situations and leadership as well. I was offered the position 2 days later and accepted it.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunTrust (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically I apply online. It's took about two weeks for HR to call me. Once I received a call from HR, I was asked three basic questions. Then I received an email with instructions on how to set up in person interview. That process took about a month they kept rescheduling my interview. Basic normal customer service and selling experience Interview questions. The branch manager seemed nice . I'm still waiting on my feedback for the interview that me know if I am going to be offered the position or decline... I think I need to be a little more patient I just had to interview on Tuesday it's only Wednesday

Interview Questions

• How would you handle Irate? Why do you want to work for suntrust?   1 Answer