SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.6

Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The interview was very behavioral. I was escorted into the office of our area manager and was asked a variety of questions; the topics ranged from what I would do in certain situations (angry clients, clients asking for privileged information, lots of clients waiting in line, etc.). There was a discussion in the first thirty minutes on what the salary was going to be. There was little room given for negotiation and I had little leverage, as I was not prepared for this topic so early in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How will you plan to balance the duties of being a teller and at the same time being a personal banker?   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

It is an interview about your experience and behavior. First introduce yourself briefly, then discuss questions about your goal, expectation, interest. After, ask questions are about behavior, like most challenging project, teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me one of the commitment that you didn't achieve   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Applied online and within a couple of days got a call from the recruiting manager. She asked a few basic HR questions and forwarded my information to the Branch Manager. I got a call from the BM to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was difficult, with an extreme focus on sales rather than great customer service while finding the best products for their customers. Also, the two BM's I interviewed with gave off a superiority complex that wasn't very pleasant. All and all, a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something you can't live without? Ok, now sell that to me.   Answer Question

Teller Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust (Macon, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, the 2 managers that interviewed me were great. The questions were the normal. They asked what would I do if I had a problem with a employee. Basically work it out and show respect to them. Listen to their side of complaint and tell them what they did wrong or explain how they could have approached the situation differently.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer comes in irate and upset?   1 Answer

Portfolio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

During a phone interview with a SunTrust Human Resources VP, I was told I was the first candidate to be advancing to the next stage of the interview process starting as soon as they could find other candidates to interview with me. I week went by and I heard nothing back from SunTrust. When I emailed and called, I was notified that the things I was told during the phone interview were never said, that they already had several "highly qualified" candidates, and they were very close to a hire. I am still very confused and I do not believe I am getting the truth to why I was not given an interview after being told I would.

Interview Questions

• Excel expertise? Biggest thing you have overcome? Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

In-store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a second interview with the area manager. The questions were focused on customer service and recovery situations and leadership as well. I was offered the position 2 days later and accepted it.

Teller 1-3 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and took the teller test on Tuesday, June 23. Wednesday, the 24, I got a phone call from someone in MA to ask me a few questions, an unexpected phone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes, we discussed why I wanted the job and what pay I expected. I received an email on Thursday to schedule a face-to-face interview with the branch manager, and I scheduled it for that Friday (the 26). This interview went so well. I was with the branch manager and the lead teller (and another young man who was training for branch manager), and they asked me multiple questions about my experience. I was made to feel so comfortable and the manager's personality instantly eased my nerves. They told me that I was the best interview they had, and if things went well, I should be receiving a call that day or on Monday. On Monday, the 29, the branch manager called me and told me that everything was set, they had filed the paperwork with HR, and I should be hearing from them with an offer that day. Come Wednesday, I hadn't yet received a call, so I called the branch manager again and said he would talk to HR to get the ball rolling. Just today, July 6, I received a call from HR with an offer for Teller 2! With no previous teller experience, other than cashiering and supervising past retail jobs, I was very pleased with the position I was given. I am now awaiting an email to schedule my background check, drug test, and fingerprinting and I start 2 weeks from today.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter who was very friendly and was quick to set me up a phone interview the very next day. After the phone interview he called back that same day to let me know that they had liked my phone interview so they wanted me to come in for an interview with the area manager and the store manager the very next morning. The interview started off with basic questions on what my duties were at my current job and they both asked me what I would do in different situations. The toughest part of the interview I would say was going out to the aisles and actually trying to interact with clients. Keep in mind this was an In-store location. They asked that you have a good conversation with them without offering any products until you have spoken to them and have a feeling of what type of product would suit them better. Over all, I felt pretty confident about my interview but have not gotten a call back. I decided to call the recruiter to see if my application had been denied but he said it was still being considered because they had filled the position I had applied for at that location . They said the same thing to my friend and they found her a new opening few days later.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a goal for the month to sell a certain product. How would you achieve that goal?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SunTrust (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically I apply online. It's took about two weeks for HR to call me. Once I received a call from HR, I was asked three basic questions. Then I received an email with instructions on how to set up in person interview. That process took about a month they kept rescheduling my interview. Basic normal customer service and selling experience Interview questions. The branch manager seemed nice . I'm still waiting on my feedback for the interview that me know if I am going to be offered the position or decline... I think I need to be a little more patient I just had to interview on Tuesday it's only Wednesday

Interview Questions

• How would you handle Irate? Why do you want to work for suntrust?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online for teller position. Got a call the next day for a phone interview, and I was asked 3 behavioral questions and was given an idea of what the job would be like and what I think my starting pay should be. I received an email later with instructions on setting up an in-person interview. I met with the branch manager for the interview, he asked standard 10-15 behavioral questions, he was very friendly and the interview went great. After that, he told me the requirements about the job and gave me a basic run around of what it would be like as a teller. It's basically a sales job. I received a job offer within two days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is slacking off during work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call within two days after the in-person interview. I was given a great offer (in my opinion, and based on the other reviews I've seen on here) so, I did not bother to negotiate. Full medical benefits with incentive to have my pay increased if I perform well.