SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.6

Wholesale Analyst Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust.

Found out about the program through the college career services. Applied online and selected for an initial interview the following week on campus. Not a difficult interview and everyone was very friendly and professional during the process. I didn't get selected for their next round but it consists of a super day at their main office.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Just the regular behavioral interview questions, tell me about yourself, and why SunTrust?   Answer Question

Treasury Tech Services Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust.

I initially did a phone interview with the recruiter from HR. They asked general interviewing questions, and wanted more detail on my work experience. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager - again, more questions on my experience. I then came in for an in person interview with the hiring manager and 2 other executives - more of the same in terms of questions about my experience, how I would handle certain situations - nothing unexpected for this type of position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any. I thought the interview process was fair and spot on.   Answer Question

I believe that there was a little bit of a disconnect between what I expected and what they were offering. It was in the ballpark, but they couldn't come up enough in salary for me.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

I landed an interview with SunTrust through a networking contact. I applied online after i was called for an interview. I met with my soon to be boss and was asked a series of behavioral and metrics based questions around recruitment practices. I also met with one of my soon to be teammates, and that interaction was more conversational and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your cold calling experience. (not really a tough question, but i had to figure out what level of cold calling they were looking for and how it applied to their recruitment model and needs for the position in which I was applying)   Answer Question
    There was a little room for negotiation. I am not afraid to ask for more, so i did, and ended up coming in higher than I expected. The negotiation on their end was a little weak, citing reasons for the salary around budgets and plans for other teammates. I ignored that and asked for what I wanted.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Asked a million behavioral based questions that had nothing to do with the job. I'm overqualified so I felt a little surprised by the number of redundant questions. Tell me where you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in one year? Tell me 5 strengths / 5 weaknesses? How would you deal with a rude person you worked with? Would it bother you if someone you worked with had a disagreement with you... Or what would you do/ how roils you handle working with someone you didn't like. Personally I found it to be relative and stilly.
    Decided I wasn't interested. -- and it was part time!

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SunTrust.

Because of previous position with company, the hiring process was much different than an outside individual coming into the company.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust.

Applied for this position at the end of May and got a call back 3 weeks ago. Phone interview was general just asked questions about my experience.I was asked to do an In person interview but didn't do it due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any way that I could prove that I had sales experience?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Very Simple, typical industry interview process for jobs that are paying more than 50, 000 a year. You have multiple interviews with the management teams, the process usually takes about 2 weeks depending scheduling and your availability.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Very detailed on coaching and development. Standard questions. Personality test, skill test, customer service test. Phone interview, second interview, interview panel. Focus is on sales, service, and coaching. Be very specific with experience.

Teller II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

The interview was fairly smooth and easy. No hard questions at all. Just your basic interview questions such as, "what would you do in this situation"..."how would you handle this"...then they begin to give you insight on how the company works and how the hours, etc. will be. The interview overall was short, simple, and great.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any problems with a coworker? If so, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

FInancial Services Representative III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

The usual phone interview from HR, then initial interview with manager, then final interview with area manager. They were very accomodating on the times and locations. Tried to meet where convient for me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprise. Just study your usual interview "what would you do", or "what have you done" questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They just told me what I would make. Came to find out it was the lowest possible for that postition. You can find pay scaled for different markets on their intranet.