SunTrust

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Asked a million behavioral based questions that had nothing to do with the job. I'm overqualified so I felt a little surprised by the number of redundant questions. Tell me where you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in one year? Tell me 5 strengths / 5 weaknesses? How would you deal with a rude person you worked with? Would it bother you if someone you worked with had a disagreement with you... Or what would you do/ how roils you handle working with someone you didn't like. Personally I found it to be relative and stilly.
    Decided I wasn't interested. -- and it was part time!

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SunTrust.

Because of previous position with company, the hiring process was much different than an outside individual coming into the company.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust.

Applied for this position at the end of May and got a call back 3 weeks ago. Phone interview was general just asked questions about my experience.I was asked to do an In person interview but didn't do it due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any way that I could prove that I had sales experience?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Very Simple, typical industry interview process for jobs that are paying more than 50, 000 a year. You have multiple interviews with the management teams, the process usually takes about 2 weeks depending scheduling and your availability.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Very detailed on coaching and development. Standard questions. Personality test, skill test, customer service test. Phone interview, second interview, interview panel. Focus is on sales, service, and coaching. Be very specific with experience.

Teller II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

The interview was fairly smooth and easy. No hard questions at all. Just your basic interview questions such as, "what would you do in this situation"..."how would you handle this"...then they begin to give you insight on how the company works and how the hours, etc. will be. The interview overall was short, simple, and great.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any problems with a coworker? If so, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

FInancial Services Representative III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

The usual phone interview from HR, then initial interview with manager, then final interview with area manager. They were very accomodating on the times and locations. Tried to meet where convient for me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprise. Just study your usual interview "what would you do", or "what have you done" questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They just told me what I would make. Came to find out it was the lowest possible for that postition. You can find pay scaled for different markets on their intranet.

Business Banking Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Some technical questions during the interview but primarily situational. They use a formal process of canned questions on the phone interview and use a more human approach in person. The team I interviewed with had a long history of working at SunTrust.

Interview Questions
    They had room to negotiate but put on a very strong front to take it or leave it.

Part Time Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust in May 2014.

I applied online on a Friday afternoon and received a phone interview Monday morning. The interview was about 15min and I was asked questions about my previous work experience. The next day I received an email from an area recruiter asking for my schedule. I sent it in and received an email Thursday afternoon for an in branch interview with the hiring manager. The interview went great the manager made me feel comfortable. On Tuesday I was offered the JOB :) Now I am going through the pre-screening process. I completed my finger prints and drug test, so now I am waiting on the results and the background check. I am super excited and cant wait

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were basically getting to know me and my past experience. The only question that was a bit difficult for me was, Explain a time when a client was unsure of what they wanted and you overcame that situation? That one was not a question I was use to.   View Answer

Bank Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SunTrust in May 2014.

Very long process. From application to actual phone interview it was one month. I had two phone interviews. First one was with a Regional Manager. The last one was the actual hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • They asked number specific questions. EX: what was the customer survey score when you started and then when you left?   Answer Question

The offer was one geared for a new manager, not someone with lots of experience to offer. I was surprised and actually a little offended they would extend a AVP title and a low end salary knowing that I have been a VP Branch Manager for many years.