SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.6

Teller II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

I applied December 28th & received a phone call January 7th from a recruiter asking me some basic questions if I were still interested. I informed him that I was, I received an email with my in person interview date and time. At my interview my the person who was interviewing me was late so another manager stepped in and interview me instead. The interview was fairly easy, I was just asked; Why I wanted to work for Sun Trust, What my exceptions were, and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I asked in my interview.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

I interviewed along with dozens of others during a mass-interview day; however we were each seen individually. Nearly all were dressed in formal business attire, as is appropriate. The interview was conducted by a sole HR woman, and we had a good conversation. My second interview was with the branch manager, who was a bit more intimidating and asked more in depth questions. I was given an enthusiastic endorsement by another employee, which I believe made up for lack of previous banking experience at the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that the starting pay rate for a part time position was $11.30 with full medical benefits; since I was in college, I gladly accepted without attempting to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Applied online through job board. Received 1st phone call from a HR recruiter for a preliminary screening. 2nd phone call from a different HR recruiter to schedule a one on one interview with a hiring manager. Received another phone call from 2nd HR recruiter saying interview went well and wanted to schedule me for a phone interview with an area manager. Had phone interview with area manager asking a lot of the same questions that hiring manager did. Currently waiting to hear back from HR recruiter for offer or rejection. So far from start to finish this process has taken 3 weeks from application submission to current status.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the position, What appeals to you about the position, Tell me about your resume, Where do you see yourself in 5 years, What kind of leader do you like best, How do you keep yourself organized while multitasking, What kind of resources/tools have you used to keep yourself organized, How have your previous managers rated your organizational skills, How do you react to a demanding workload, Give an example of a referral opportunity you have had   1 Answer

EES Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Did a phone screen with someone who didn't seem to know what job I was interviewing for then a month later was called in for 5 consecutive f2f interviews on one day. They were 30 minutes each and after the first 2, they left me sitting in a room by myself, no break, no water for half an hour.

Part Time Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

In my opinion this is the most unprofessional bank I have ever had to deal with. I recently relocated from England, where I worked for one of the biggest banks for 9 years (5 years Teller/Counter Manager and 4 years Personal Banker experience). I was only looking for a part time job and got excited when I saw an available part time Teller position near me. I received a call the very next day from a man, who sounded everything but professional, and asked whether I would consider a Personal Banker job instead based on my experience. He told me the name of the town where the position was available at but when I enquired about the exact store address (just so I could figure out how reasonable the distance/travel time would be) he advised me to look it up for myself on the website. (?!?!?!?)
    Two weeks later I received an email from SunTrust advising me that "After careful review of your resume we have decided to proceed with other candidates".
    Thinking about this experience I now feel grateful that I never got the job…who would want to work for such an unprofessional company??? Definitely not me! Good luck to you all who are thinking of joining them

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SunTrust (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with area manager them lunch with area manager very casual and comfortable. Then meet with lending manager at her office also very comfortable and friendly and straightforward. Management is great operations and the retail branches are what stink

Interview Questions

• What happened to your pipeline   1 Answer

Personal Banker IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Best interview I've ever had! Management was extremely nice. The interview lasted about 1.5 hrs, which I thought was a little long, but we were exchanging ideas while getting to know each other.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you were meeting with a client and your initial agenda was modified because the clients needs were different than you expected. Then, tell us how you handled it and describe the outcome.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about setting goals?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you set a lofty goal and exceeded it. Give us as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what my salary requirements were. I was pretty bland about an exact amount, but I made sure to set a realistic floor while asking for the most possible.

Interview

My first round phone interview was very brief- it was more of a screening process. The second round I met with four people for about 35 minutes and we went through my resume and they asked me the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a situation that they recently encountered and they asked me to walk them through my thought process   Answer Question

I received a better offer

Teller Interview

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview with some very simple questions, interviewed with the branch manager week later was given an offer the following day. They ask the same questions why do you want to work for the bank? how would you handle if a customer was shouting at you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Interview

Applied online. Received email to attend diversity leadership summit. SunTrust emphasize on teamwork and I can definitely feel that during the summit. People are generally very nice and helpful. They were willing to teach you from the very basics. I had 5 thirty-minute back to back interviews. Questions are mostly behavioral and some technical.

Interview Questions

• What criticism do you often receive? Why SunTrust? Why IB?   Answer Question