SunTrust

Very Difficult Interview

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Very stressful and many layers of interviews.

Interview Question – Doing a presentation in front of a lot of experienced trainers....all looking for very specific facilitation skills that align with their sales philosophy designed by Richardson Group.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Phone interview and a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult decision you have made?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stick to your expectations.

Wholesale Analyst Development Program Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Initial on-campus interview. Invited to final round of interviews at Suntrust headquarters in Atlanta. The final interview day (super day) consisted of four 40 minute interviews with various managers and VPs.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were working in a team but everyone was not on the same page. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter screening followed by HR manager and hiring manager. Easy to moderate process.

Negotiation Details – Relatively short. Be prepared for low-ball offers and stand your ground. They are desperate for good talent.

Teller II Interview

Teller II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from a hiring manager and within less than a week I got the job

Interview Question – Describe who you are.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call a couple days later for a phone interview. A couple days after that I had an interview with the branch manager. All happened within a week. The branch manager told me that she had 3 other people to interview. I was nervous but she was really nice, down to earth and made the interview easy. About 3 weeks later I got a call saying I was offered the position. Started about a week later. Salary was $10.50/hr and we got paid every 15th and 30th.

Interview Question – Did I have any issues with someone at my previous job?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by manager then by the area manager.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

STOLI SERVICE Representative - CALL CENTER- ORLANDO Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts you over e-mail, then phone interview, then face to face interview with the Hiring Manager who makes final recommendation. Very strict with Attendance (No matter what happens or who dies, New Hires Can't miss any days during Training)

Interview Question – If you witness an employee stealing anything- like a pencil or pen, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation- Salary offered was fixed, rather low- even for experienced Sales and Customer Service applicants. Around $27,500/yr + Incentives (they disappear) Bummer!

Enterprise Execution Services Internship Position Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions, from tell me about yourself to situational questions (very group oriented questions). Highest point in college to lowest point in college. In the "higher discussion" portion of the interview, they want to see if you have analyzed and compiled reports. I personally have not analyzed many things but spoke strongly about the finance classes I have taken and in progress of.

Interview Question – How would you go about cutting costs?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and applied online. I was contacted within a week for a 30 minute phone screen. Easy STAR questions and salary expecations. Recruiter got in touch with hiring manager and we set up an in person interview with the Branch Manager (hiring manager) and the Area Manager. Easy questions again. Just STAR based questions like "Tell me about a time you...". Overall easy process.

Interview Question – No difficult questions or unexpected questions as long as you look over some common STAR method quesitons.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust