SunTrust

221 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter screening followed by HR manager and hiring manager. Easy to moderate process.

Negotiation Details – Relatively short. Be prepared for low-ball offers and stand your ground. They are desperate for good talent.

Teller II Interview

Teller II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from a hiring manager and within less than a week I got the job

Interview Question – Describe who you are.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call a couple days later for a phone interview. A couple days after that I had an interview with the branch manager. All happened within a week. The branch manager told me that she had 3 other people to interview. I was nervous but she was really nice, down to earth and made the interview easy. About 3 weeks later I got a call saying I was offered the position. Started about a week later. Salary was $10.50/hr and we got paid every 15th and 30th.

Interview Question – Did I have any issues with someone at my previous job?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by manager then by the area manager.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

STOLI SERVICE Representative - CALL CENTER- ORLANDO Interview

STOLI SERVICE Representative - CALL CENTER- ORLANDO
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts you over e-mail, then phone interview, then face to face interview with the Hiring Manager who makes final recommendation. Very strict with Attendance (No matter what happens or who dies, New Hires Can't miss any days during Training)

Interview Question – If you witness an employee stealing anything- like a pencil or pen, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation- Salary offered was fixed, rather low- even for experienced Sales and Customer Service applicants. Around $27,500/yr + Incentives (they disappear) Bummer!

Client Service Specialist Interview

Client Service Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and applied online. I was contacted within a week for a 30 minute phone screen. Easy STAR questions and salary expecations. Recruiter got in touch with hiring manager and we set up an in person interview with the Branch Manager (hiring manager) and the Area Manager. Easy questions again. Just STAR based questions like "Tell me about a time you...". Overall easy process.

Interview Question – No difficult questions or unexpected questions as long as you look over some common STAR method quesitons.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Enterprise Execution Services Internship Position Interview

Enterprise Execution Services Internship Position

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions, from tell me about yourself to situational questions (very group oriented questions). Highest point in college to lowest point in college. In the "higher discussion" portion of the interview, they want to see if you have analyzed and compiled reports. I personally have not analyzed many things but spoke strongly about the finance classes I have taken and in progress of.

Interview Question – How would you go about cutting costs?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Part Time Teller
Stockbridge, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Applied online without any previous banking experience. If you have office or cash handling experience that is a great way to get a call back.
I was contacted via email to choose a testing site and take the cash handling test. The day of you receive your score and I received a date and time for in person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult however you do need to disclose any past criminal or driving history and be able to explain it. I had a previous DUI that I didn't disclose( I didn't know I needed to since it was 8 yrs back) Luckily they gave me the opportunity to explain and asked why I didn't disclose, I did learn from that.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very Easy, over the phone interview with HR then in person interview with hiring manager. Got call back same day with job offer

Interview Question – Did a roll-play scenario. Manager was customer walking into branch had to uncover opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. They called back same day but with 1k more than what I was currently making. able to negotiate and extra 2k.

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust in December 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter contaced me via email, that conversation led to a phone interview, and then I was set up with a face to face with a hiring manager at the branch. I then had to be scheduled to speak with another hiring manager. That was then followed by
another phone interview with the area manager.

Interview Question – All the interviews were based around situational questions, I researched the company, and knew what my long and short term goals were before interviewing. Was prepared for the unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation needed, they started me off with more than I expected.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust