SunTrust

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust in December 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter contaced me via email, that conversation led to a phone interview, and then I was set up with a face to face with a hiring manager at the branch. I then had to be scheduled to speak with another hiring manager. That was then followed by
another phone interview with the area manager.

Interview Question – All the interviews were based around situational questions, I researched the company, and knew what my long and short term goals were before interviewing. Was prepared for the unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation needed, they started me off with more than I expected.

Architect Interview

Architect
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 3 people, and it was mostly a technical Interview on the specific product I was going to build out.

Interview Question – It was a very technical interview, and anyone who has worked on the product shouldn't have any problems answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Came on board as a contractor and the rate was already negotiated prior to the interview

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by an hr recruiter and the follow up interview was conducted by the Area Manager. The branch did not have a branch manager at the time.

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation room. I countered the offer but the hr representative did not budge.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – It took a while to get an interview set up with this company. Once I was contacted an interview was scheduled. I was not hired for the position. I received no feedback other than some one else was chosen. I was also told I was under consideration when I visited the Bank. I think if I was one of the finals, I should have received a telephone call thanking me for my time and some details on why I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Question – It seems interview questions are generic. Interviewer read them from a work sheet.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Internal Audit Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SunTrust in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school.
Got a call from HR for a phone interview with a director.
First round lasted 30 minutes with no apparent behavioral/resume questions and was invited back for an office interview.
There are multiple buildings and one could easily get confused despite the directions in the email confirmation.
Second round was about two weeks later with three different directors at 30 minutes each; very organic conversations with easy going people.
Had lunch with a staff afterward.
Got a rejection call two days later from one of the directors and another the following week from HR.

Interview Question – Aside from your resume, what was something you learned from your past experiences?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite complicated. You must first see a recruiter. If the recruiter approves of you then you will undergo a second interview with the manager at the location that you applied for. If they approve, then you may either have another interview with the manager's boss or you may go back to the recruiter again. From there you will discuss compensation and make sure you get it in riding because they will tell you a certain amount and then when you get in the position, you find out that you are stuck with much lower pay than what was previously discussed. You will then go to what is called "Discover" which is a 1-2 day event in downtown that tell you about Suntrust and their mission statement for the most part. After that you will be directed to "Suntrust University" where you will be trained and caught up to the software and job functions that are expected of you. this training can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month. You will go back and forward from Suntrust University to the location that you will be working in during your training time frame.

Interview Question – What would you do incase of a robbery?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you get everything in writing or else they will try to pay you less and it would be your word against theirs.

Teller II Interview

Teller II
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SunTrust in June 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview and then a interview with the branch manager and head teller.

Interview Question – basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was excited and just took the job.

Enterprise Information Service Intern Interview

Enterprise Information Service Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – I just had one phone interview. It was pretty easy. The interviewer just asked my specific questions about my resume while he had it in front of him. There were not any other questions that this.

Interview Question – All just from resume.   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

Interview Details – One 1.75 hour phone interview with 6 different interviewers.

Interview Question – Unexpected: How would you describe the difference between inductive and deductive reasoning?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited. salary was correct for the new experience I was going to receive. Work from home 3 days per week option was presented as an incentive to take the position.

Teller Interview

Teller

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – Normal interview. Asked behavioral questions. Make sure to practice telling a story by stating what the problem was, how you approached it, and the outcome.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to learn an unusual skill.   Answer Question