SunTrust

203 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Salem, VA

I applied online - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2012.

Interview Details – HR is in another state. They do a phone interview first which is crucial to getting into the branch for an interview with a manager. Be very friendly with the interviewer on a personal level so they will schedule you the interview with the branch manager.

Negotiation Details – You will not get more than $10, but negotiate up to 10 and you WILL get it :)

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – The interview process was a little dis-jointed. Because of the disparate locations across SunTrust, I never met my boss face-to-face even though we had 2 interviews. There was no real agenda or objective criteria being used to evaluate me. It was a little disconcerting overall.

Interview Question – There were all pretty similar. None of the questions were overly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The rate was set and was take it or leave it.

Client Service Manager Interview

Client Service Manager

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – Apply online and receive call from Recruiter for prescreening, next step is interview with Branch Manager

Interview Question – I can't remember but be prepared to talk about how you can promote branch sales and referrals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation is possible but you must be firm

CSS Interview

Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a position and was promptly contacted by the HR department in charge of initial interviews. They went through my resume and asked what interested me about the position. I was told what the salary and benefits would be and asked if I would like to follow up for a second interview.

I came in to the branch for a second interview with the branch manager, They asked a list of common interview questions starting with "Tell me about a time that you....." They were impressed and I was told that I would know the outcome within a week. They called and offered the job within another week. My hiring process took about 3-4 weeks from application to hire notice and I started the following week.

Interview Question – The most difficult part about the questions was that there were a lot that were similar and I would have to relate back to an answer I had already given to elaborate further from that point.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not have any negotiating room because I started at the top of the salary range for my position.

Support Desk Team Lead Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was a group/team panel style interview process with the current Support Desk team. After meeting with the team, I met with 6 other managers on the STRH staff. STRH was looking for more personality than technical to work with the Trade Desk staff.

Interview Question – What do you think about yourself that needs improvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. I negotiated with Human Resources.

Branch Manager II Interview

Branch Manager II

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – Interviewing is pretty standard. Two interviews are normally required for most positions. Compensation is not in the range based on other companies in same field/industry

Interview Question – What is the one thing you wan to get out of this position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth several times

Teller Interview

Teller

I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

Interview Details – apply on line and HR will call you

Interview Question – not any difficult questions   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Charlotte, NC

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – interview process was not complicated. the managers seemed professional and polite although it is turned out to be all fake. They are so desperate to hire warm bodies to fill a position because nobody wants to work at SunTrust. They are very unprofessional is the way they treat their employees.

Interview Question – I really don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the negotiation phase was not difficult Advice do not work for this company, you will sorry you wated your time and energy to try to make a difference

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in October 2009.

Interview Details – You should always research the company you're interviewing for. Groom and dress to impress. Be ready for any interview question and be confident when answering them. Be prepared and arrive early (15 minutes). Do not bee late to the interview. The first impression is always the best impression. Oh yeah and do not forget to Smile! Seize the Opportunity!

Interview Question – What would you say is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A Piece of Cake

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2009.

Interview Details – This is a typical job interview at a bank. Generally, the first meeting is held with a branch manager. Unfortunately, for the most part, many of the branch managers in the region I worked seemed to be incompetent and unable to do a quality job. New management has come from Wells Fargo/ Wachovia and seem to be bringing in their people, possibly, they will have more professional abilities.

Interview Question – These are very typical interview questions that most people would expect...."Tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was first offered only 28,000. When I had originally stated I needed 40,000. Eventually they came up to 36,500 with a "generous" commission structure, however, the amount paid per sold item was laughable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust