SunTrust

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Client Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Was promoted internally- recruiter is located out of state, and the the process took almost 3 weeks to receive my offer letter. Interview questions were based around sales goals and how to push team to get to minimum expectations. Also, how you would coach 'problem' employees

Interview Questions
    • What are the three factors that are expected of managers to meet their scorecard for the shareholders?   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate, cut and dry procedure, take it or leave it option.

FInancial Services Representative III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

I had past banking experience so I had cash ordering experience for the vault on the teller line. Also I was familiar with selling and referring bank products. I felt very confident but not cocky and we laughed a lot as well on the interview. It was a simple discussion and felt like a conversation instead of an interview. The follow up interview was with the area manager and she asked about my background and again it felt like a discussion. I felt a little more pressure with the area manager but only because I was so excited. The process happened very fast and I got a call back within a few days with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The area manager was concerned because I was more operations instead of sales.

Just be relaxed, dress professionally, be the part and smile. I found that when I went in completely unprepared and clear headed is when I seem to have the best interviews. I have gone on many interviews because I like to keep my skills sharp, but just be calm, talk slow and clear. Be honest, and keep answers simple because you can "talk yourself out of a job".

View Answer
    I told them my bottom line based on my experience and they met it and even went slightly over what I was expecting. I even tried to negotiate a little bit but the offer they gave me was clearly final.

Teller II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

I got a call from a hiring manager and within less than a week I got the job

In Store Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

Received a call from a recruiter who asked questions

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

applied online, got a phone interview with some very simple questions. and intervewed with the branch manager after one week

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust in June 2013.

Applied to numerous positions online and received a call a day later. Spoke to multiple HR reps and had a group interview at HQ. Was called the next day to speak 1 on 1 with a branch manager closer to home. Received a call a couple days later with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • All were STAR based focusing on customer service. Indicate you have improved and gone out of your way to better understand the customer service principles. Show that you have been accountable for mistakes and corrected them at your own personal/financial sacrifice.   View Answer
    Offered me a reasonable starting pay.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in June 2013.

1st I had a technical interview with the manager that I reported to. It lasted for about 30 minutes where I was quized over my use of SQL and Excel. There were a lot of behavior questions around Agile as well. The 2nd interview was with the Enterprise Data Governance Manager and the PM. There I was quized on how to conduct a JAD session and techniques for getting organizational buyin and people accepting Data Stewardship roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle getting a SME that was resisting the new title and responsibilities of Data Stewardship to comply?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was handled up front with the recruiter.

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SunTrust in June 2013.

phone interview and then a interview with the branch manager and head teller.

Interview Questions
    was excited and just took the job.

Teller 1-3 Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Hiring process was very smooth but it took forever tp get in to interview.

Interview Questions
    • As always... "tell us about a negative experience with a coworker or customer" I hate that one, who wants to talk about negative things!   View Answer
    they offered 11.72 or so and I negotiated to 12, still felt under paid having come from a credit union that paid almost 2 dollars more hourly.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

hiring process went well they were good at getting in contact with me in a timely manner. the interview went great. it did not take to long to finish. everything went as i assumed it would go.

Interview Questions
    • when was a time that you had to take control of a situation in the office   Answer Question