Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust
- Teller (28)
- Financial Services Representative (15)
- Branch Manager (13)
- Teller II (12)
- Financial Service Representative (11)
- Personal Banker (11)
- Teller I (10)
- Assistant Branch Manager (7)
- Client Service Specialist (6)
- FInancial Services Representative III (6)
- Bank Teller (6)
- Teller Coordinator (5)
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- Customer Service Representative III (4)
- Teller 1-3 (4)
- Credit Analyst (4)
- Vice President (4)
- Client Service Manager (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Financial Services Representative II (3)
- Part Time Teller (3)
- Portfolio Specialist (3)
- Business Project Manager (3)
- Part Time Teller I (3)
- EIS Applications Developer (2)
- Personal Banker IV (2)
- IT Audit Intern (2)
- Teller Lead (2)
- Manager (2)
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA).
Very quick process for me, approximately "2" weeks from initial phone interview, to the final in -person interview.
- What would you do if your manager was not available and a valued customer needed an exception on a large check being cashed. What do you think the bank policy would be? Is it better to follow abnk policy, or is it okay to make an exception with a high dollar client? 1 Answer
There was none... I was offered slightly higher starting wage than what I had requested. Bonuses are also given if you meet and surpass your goal..
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Athens, GA).
Applied online. 1st interview was over the phone. 2nd interview was face-to-face. Job offer came over the phone with HR.
- Why do you want to work for SunTrust over other banks in the area? 1 Answer
Quick and easy. Increased offer by 7% and I accepted the same day.
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust.
Applied on internal site. Received a call 3 days later for interview. Interview was quick and easy. Nothing out of the ordinary. Received an offer later that day (background check pending). Started 3 weeks later.
- No out of the ordinary questions where presented. Anyone in a sales background would be comfortable. Answer Question
Unable to negotiate
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.
I initially applied online, and got the interview because of some connections I had at SunTrust. The first step of the process was a simple first round phone interview, which was basic behaviorally / about you questions. I heard back from the recruiter about a week later in regards to the final interview round. The final round interview consisted of four interviews each lasting about 30 minute. These interviews were both behaviorally, technically, and I got a case study question at the last interview. The interview was pretty draining in my opinion, you need to know your statistics (monte carlo simulation), how the HPI is used, and how to price a bond (even though it is not relevant to the job what so ever, but you do not want to look bad when they ask you how to do it).
- What is the current price of SunTrust's stock? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.
It was very in depth and provided a complete description of the job. They asked me about my previous job experience. They also asked me what I would do if I was in this position. They asked me what I had done in previous jobs. It was a long interview in which I felt that asked serious and thought provoking questions.
- Asked me about myself. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.
Applied on a Saturday.That Monday a recruiter called and did a pre-interview. He recommend that he would like to move forward, but pass a online assessment. Passed that assesment and had a interview that Wed. Made offer the same day. Offered $5K more than what I asked.
- All questions are behavioral or situational questions. Ex: Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation at work.." Answer Question
I asked for $4K more that was I was making in my current role, but the ended up giving me $5K more than my offer. So a total of $10K raise for me!
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Orlando, FL).
Very stressful and many layers of interviews.
- Doing a presentation in front of a lot of experienced trainers....all looking for very specific facilitation skills that align with their sales philosophy designed by Richardson Group. Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2014.
I first received a call where I did a 15 minute telephone interview/introduction. I had to answer questions based on my experience as it would apply to the position I applied for. I was then told I would receive a email with the interview date and location. Upon arrival I was seated in a waiting room with other candidates. I thought i was being interviewed for a particular location but upon discussion with the interviewer(who is also a manager at one of the banking locations) I was told that I could be placed in any of the locations within the city.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2014.
Had an informal conversation with the branch manager about the branch, customers, requirements, etc. He gave me a basic description of the job, what my expectations would be, things about instore environment, and how it would be different from my current role. I applied through indeed.com, uploaded my resume, and then you have to take a pre employment survey. Asks a lot of behavioral questions about how you work, with people, better motivated by money or recognition, etc. After that is submitted, I received a call from the hiring department to ask me some more pre-employment questions. This is basically to see what kind of job you are in now, ask questions about requirements of you in that current job, your salary expectations, etc. About a week later, I had a face-to-face with the branch manager. This was a very informal process because i'd spoke with him previously. After that, about a week later, I received another call from HR to schedule an interview with the area manager. The area manager interview was mostly behavioral questions. Definitely look up STAR interview questions for this one. The area manager asked me a lot of how I worked in my previous role, what difficult situations had arisen, and how I overcame them. After the last interview, about another week later, I received a call with the offer from HR. They would not budge on salary, but I was still working on a huge jump from my current role so I accepted happily. Overall the process was a little lengthy because everything goes through the hiring department, but was well worth the work in the end.
- Tell me about a time where you turned an upset customer into an opportunity. 1 Answer
No negotiation on the offer. Got in just below my salary request so I was ok with it.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Nashville, TN) in March 2014.
The interview process is very basic, if you have customer service experience you will get the job. The interview process just require you to listen, and relate your work experience in a start to finish detail story. The jobs are not complex, sense they can teach anyone to answer the calls.
- What is do you feel is good customer service? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review