SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in February 2014.

Interview

As a former employee, I felt the interview process was too much. I had a phone screening with the Recruiter. A phone interview with the Hiring Manager, and a phone interview with the Operations Manager.

Interview Questions

• If I worked for a company, and someone with a wealth of experience was joining the team; what would I say to that person, in terms of their need to learn new information.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in February 2014.

Interview

It seemed like this was a new manager that was there to clean up the team and make their mark. 1:1 Interview process was more of a rushed review with very few questions. Learned more about what the job entailed and more importantly what expectations the manager felt were imperative.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to use Outlook for communication purposes.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust (Stockbridge, GA).

Interview

Applied online without any previous banking experience. If you have office or cash handling experience that is a great way to get a call back. I was contacted via email to choose a testing site and take the cash handling test. The day of you receive your score and I received a date and time for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult however you do need to disclose any past criminal or driving history and be able to explain it. I had a previous DUI that I didn't disclose( I didn't know I needed to since it was 8 yrs back) Luckily they gave me the opportunity to explain and asked why I didn't disclose, I did learn from that.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people, and it was mostly a technical Interview on the specific product I was going to build out.

Interview Questions

• It was a very technical interview, and anyone who has worked on the product shouldn't have any problems answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Came on board as a contractor and the rate was already negotiated prior to the interview

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Interview

I was interviewed first by an hr recruiter and the follow up interview was conducted by the Area Manager. The branch did not have a branch manager at the time.

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation room. I countered the offer but the hr representative did not budge.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at SunTrust in January 2014.

Interview

They normally goes through an staffing agencies. They call you to ask if you want the job. Next moment they send you an aware test. Next they will tell you and start date. Finally, they will tell you are permanent but actually you are not permanent. The contract always cut shorter than they first tell you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negation

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I learned about the opportunity through campus recruiting. The interview was straight forward. Mainly technical, but there were a few behavioral. I received a call the very next day.

Interview Questions

• What is the appropriate discount rate to use in an unlevered DCF analysis?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust (Richmond, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very Easy, over the phone interview with HR then in person interview with hiring manager. Got call back same day with job offer

Interview Questions

• Did a roll-play scenario. Manager was customer walking into branch had to uncover opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. They called back same day but with 1k more than what I was currently making. able to negotiate and extra 2k.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

It took a while to get an interview set up with this company. Once I was contacted an interview was scheduled. I was not hired for the position. I received no feedback other than some one else was chosen. I was also told I was under consideration when I visited the Bank. I think if I was one of the finals, I should have received a telephone call thanking me for my time and some details on why I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• It seems interview questions are generic. Interviewer read them from a work sheet.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The interview process was quite complicated. You must first see a recruiter. If the recruiter approves of you then you will undergo a second interview with the manager at the location that you applied for. If they approve, then you may either have another interview with the manager's boss or you may go back to the recruiter again. From there you will discuss compensation and make sure you get it in riding because they will tell you a certain amount and then when you get in the position, you find out that you are stuck with much lower pay than what was previously discussed. You will then go to what is called "Discover" which is a 1-2 day event in downtown that tell you about Suntrust and their mission statement for the most part. After that you will be directed to "Suntrust University" where you will be trained and caught up to the software and job functions that are expected of you. this training can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month. You will go back and forward from Suntrust University to the location that you will be working in during your training time frame.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you get everything in writing or else they will try to pay you less and it would be your word against theirs.