SunTrust Mortgage

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.5

Mortgage Processor III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

Pretty standard, good review of prior roles and experience along with skills that you will bring to the table. I was interviewed by two managers at the same time asking different questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how you handled it? Go into numerous questions and details about that situation."   Answer Question
    Never sell yourself short.

Closing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage in March 2014.

The interview was not has I expected, I had studied the information they had given me and in the interview it was not addressed. The questions where more about the Supervisor stating interviewing was not her strongest feature. I made them aware of my interviewing skills and did express those concerns. They had me wait two weeks, and if it wasn't for me calling and expressing that someone should notify me weather I was still a candidate or not I would of never known that I did not get the position.

Testing and Exam Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

I was contacted by HR within 24 hours of completing the online application. Interview was a 3 person panel two of which were Vice Presidents. Apparently they hand out VP titles very liberally. Some of the Vice Presidents I met only have a single team of a dozen or fewer analysts reporting to them. Officer, Associate VP and VP are all the same position. Total time spent was less than an hour for the questions + time to hand-write responses for two situational questions. I was told they would get an answer to me very soon. Notification that they had selected another candidate took a month to communicate. Overall a good experience and very professional people.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions for what do I like best/least about most recent job. No real technical questions. Seemed most concerned about communication skills and ability to communicate or present to upper management (Senior VP level). How do I influence people. They ask about testing experience which is about sampling data and populating existing excel templates. Knowledge of excel means being able to create formulas from math, stat, and logic functions. Pivot tables and VB are advanced for this job. At they end they had two situational questions that asked me to hand-write emails to different senior leadership groups.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President, Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage in May 2013.

6 behavioral interviews, job specific questions. The leaders were my peers and peers and supervisor of hiring manager. Relaxed, positive questions with obvious answers as they wanted me to relate my experiences and competencies as they applied to the role.

Interview Questions
    • No business cases, expect job specific behavioral questions based on the role. "Give me an example of a time when you had to lead a major project or program..."   View Answer
    +8%

Mortgage Default Specialist - Post FC Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

This was a straight forward interview process. ere no difficult questions thrown at you. The interview was conducted by a three person panel. The interview for me lasted about teenty minutes or so. I received a call with a job ofer within two business days. This was how a departmental transfer was. I can't recall how the initial interview went in order to get on board, except that the initial interview was done by one person.

no negociation

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Real quick, asked questions about my background, what I was interested in. They talked about the team centered atmosphere, pretty basic corporate stuff. It's been awhile, so I don't remember all the details, just that it didn't even seem like much of an interview. They were hiring a few people that day, and I could tell I was going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    They asked how much I wanted, and gave it to me.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage in November 2012.

Since this was a contract job, the initial contact was made by a recruiter from a staffing agency. This recruiter set up a phone interview for me with the hiring manager. This led to an in-person interview. The recruiter wanted to know even before I had the in-person interview whether I would take the job if it was offered to me! I told him that it would depend on how the in-person interview went.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had ever used SAS Enterprise Guide (EG), since SunTrust was in the process of switching its programming products from Base SAS to EG.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate this salary. When the recruiter first contacted me about this position, he quoted me one hourly rate. When he called me back to inform me that the hiring manager had made an offer, he quoted me a rate that was $5.00 per hour MORE than the original quote. I should have known then that the hiring manager was desperate to get programmers in the door.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage in August 2012.

The corporate headquarters is not well clean at all. During the interview process the interviewers seemed kind and genuine. I had questions about the previous person who held the position, after later starting I found out I was lied to about his status and reason for leaving company. After the interview Interviewer sent me an email thanking me for coming to interview for the position which I felt was a nice touch. After about 10 business days I received an offer from HR.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, during phone interview was asked a business case. They just wanted to get an idea of how I solve abstract business problems, just wanted to gauge my though process to solving problems.   Answer Question
    They presented me with a low offer but I was able to negotiate slightly more and a signing bonus.

Home Preservation Client Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage in February 2012.

Communication was fast and effective. Felt welcomed. People are friendly.

Not enough wiggle room to negotiate salary. If you are new to the company; negotiate as much as possible for a good salary coming in the door.

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Mortgage in October 2011.

freelance recruiter referred me to the in-house (suntrust recruiter). application went to suntrust's HR department. phone screen with HR. then phone screen with hiring manager (director level). then in-person panel interview followed by in-person interview with director of department. very standard internal audit, resume and personality type questions. just know what you have been doing and where you want to go in next 3-5 years. appeared that the department was a little top-heavy and they need worker bees to do the actual testing, and ticking and tieing.