SunTrust

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very Easy, over the phone interview with HR then in person interview with hiring manager. Got call back same day with job offer

Interview Question – Did a roll-play scenario. Manager was customer walking into branch had to uncover opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. They called back same day but with 1k more than what I was currently making. able to negotiate and extra 2k.

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite complicated. You must first see a recruiter. If the recruiter approves of you then you will undergo a second interview with the manager at the location that you applied for. If they approve, then you may either have another interview with the manager's boss or you may go back to the recruiter again. From there you will discuss compensation and make sure you get it in riding because they will tell you a certain amount and then when you get in the position, you find out that you are stuck with much lower pay than what was previously discussed. You will then go to what is called "Discover" which is a 1-2 day event in downtown that tell you about Suntrust and their mission statement for the most part. After that you will be directed to "Suntrust University" where you will be trained and caught up to the software and job functions that are expected of you. this training can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month. You will go back and forward from Suntrust University to the location that you will be working in during your training time frame.

Interview Question – What would you do incase of a robbery?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you get everything in writing or else they will try to pay you less and it would be your word against theirs.

Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Offered job after two phone and one f2f.

Interview Question – Why suntrust?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Richmond, VA

I applied online - interviewed at SunTrust in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial call from recruiter in Human Resources. Then a phone interview followed by a personal interview with the branch manager. Then an offer letter from human resources.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; take it or leave it.

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust in September 2011.

Interview Details – Went in and spoke with branch manager, notified of PB opening. Was advised to apply online and wait for call from recruiter. Got a call the next day from recruiter for a brief phone interview. Then scheduled interview with branch manager, which was brief and situational. From there, was sent to area manager for final interview. Received offer letter via email the same day.

Interview Question – If an existing high value client were to come in angry demanding to see you during an interaction with a new high value client, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email and told that the company wanted to set up a phone interview within the next couple of weeks. They asked me my availability and then proceeded to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called me on the scheduled day and asked me a few questions regarding my customer service and sales experience. I previously had a lot of customer service experience but not too much sales experience. I got the inclination that the sales portion was the most important part of the position.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straightforward. Not really difficult or unexpected. I was asked about my previous experience in sales, I was asked to recall a specific time in the past in which I had to go above and beyond to help a customer, and   Answer Question

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details – Interviewed by district manager and branch manager. It went great , they told me it was great. I left confident. It took them forever to contact me. I didn't get the job and now 4.5 months later the same job is posted. I was asked several times why would I want to be a banker when my prev role was manager. I said I know from experience a lot of managers are hired from within , and I don't mind proving myself . Unsure about this market

Interview Question – Why did you leave previous job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust Personal Banker interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees and interview candidates.