SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.8

Asset Based Lending Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in December 2014.

Interview process had fairly quick turnaround. Interviewed on campus first and had final round interview a few weeks later. Found out final decision within a couple of weeks

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in November 2014.

Attended women and diversity superday, a lot of social events with people from analysts to MDs, next day was 5 30 minute interviews with Associates, VPs, and MDs from all different verticals and product groups, heard back within 5 days. Not too technical, but it was very early on in the recruiting process for banking.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Applied online after position was posted on college career website. Got an email and then did a phone interview after waiting a couple weeks. Invited to interview in Atlanta. Had dinner and socializing, then five interviews. As a history major, wasn't asked many technical questions, but didn't know those I was asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the height of a pencil, how would you escape a blender?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Was selected through campus recruiting for an on-campus interview, they requested I build a cash flow model and bring it to the interview. At the interview, they asked me to walk them through the model. No surprises, was invited to Superday in Atlanta. There is a dinner the night before the interview, and then some behavioral/fit interviews the next day. Most of the technical questions came in the on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only ask technical questions about the model, no surprises.   Answer Question

Had several offers from more prestigious firms

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

The interview was very technical. No situational questions. They asked me about a stock that I follow and then about the credit of the company, as well as how I would value the company. Two interviewers on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I had to answer was that if the company was in extreme debt, how I think they should fund their debt? Or get out of debt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in November 2013.

Applied through their Diversity Leadership Summit in November.Two day event:

Day 1 included a tour of the trading floor, an overview of the company from an MD, a panel discussion with current analysts/associates/VPs, and a networking dinner will the senior bankers that we would be interviewing with the next day;

Day 2 began at 7:30 A.M. with breakfast, then we had five, 30 min interviews with MDs, Associates, and VPs; we were each assigned a "mentor" that gave us advice on the interviews and walked us to where the interviews were; we ended with a casual lunch

A lot of the interview questions were fit-based or focused on the current economy. This was around the time when the Fed was deciding whether or not to taper their bond buying, and I was asked a lot about this and the implications on the economy. I'm an Economics major so I enjoyed these questions.

Interview Questions
    • If a company were to spend $10M in cash on a piece of equipment, what would happen to the 3 financial statements at t=0 and t=1?   Answer Question
    • There is a machine that makes 8 balls. All of them are identical, except for one ball that weighs slightly more (if you held the ball, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference). You have a two-pan, balance scale that you can only use twice. How would you find the heavier ball?   View Answer
    No negotiating; all analysts are paid equally (they do distinguish between sophomores and juniors though)

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in November 2013.

I applied via on-campus recruiting and interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in November 2013.

This was an accelerated program that involved an in-office presentation followed by a networking reception with VPs & MDs and finally a dinner with current analysts. The next day included a series of five 30 minute interviews which were almost entirely fit save for one question on how you would value a company. Apparently candidates with more of a finance background were asked more technicals involving DCFs, the financial statements, WACC, & CAPM.

Interview Questions
    • What stocks are you currently following? How do you value a company? Why SunTrust Robinson Humphrey/MM over BB?   Answer Question

The senior people who interviewed me were all great but I got a negative impression of HR and some of the analysts, so I went with another offer.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Applied online on Linkedin. I was approached by a Recruiter and. Set up Phone interview then face to face interview Process took 2 weeks.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2013.

Went through campus recruitment, went to Super day later that week. Went well

Interview Questions
    • Super day - 7, 30 min interviews. Almost completely fit except for one technical portion - nothing hard. Valuation, DCF, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in January 2013.

I applied online through my career center. It was only one on campus interview. It was about half fit, half technical. They had me walk me though my resume, then asked why STRH and why Atlanta. The two senior bankers didn't have much personality, and were a little bit rude. Afterwords, they invited the top 3-4 candidates to dinner to make their final decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you assess the credit worthiness of a company?   Answer Question