SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via on-campus recruiting and interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in November 2013.

This was an accelerated program that involved an in-office presentation followed by a networking reception with VPs & MDs and finally a dinner with current analysts. The next day included a series of five 30 minute interviews which were almost entirely fit save for one question on how you would value a company. Apparently candidates with more of a finance background were asked more technicals involving DCFs, the financial statements, WACC, & CAPM.

Interview Question – What stocks are you currently following? How do you value a company? Why SunTrust Robinson Humphrey/MM over BB?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The senior people who interviewed me were all great but I got a negative impression of HR and some of the analysts, so I went with another offer.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through their Diversity Leadership Summit in November.Two day event:

Day 1 included a tour of the trading floor, an overview of the company from an MD, a panel discussion with current analysts/associates/VPs, and a networking dinner will the senior bankers that we would be interviewing with the next day;

Day 2 began at 7:30 A.M. with breakfast, then we had five, 30 min interviews with MDs, Associates, and VPs; we were each assigned a "mentor" that gave us advice on the interviews and walked us to where the interviews were; we ended with a casual lunch

A lot of the interview questions were fit-based or focused on the current economy. This was around the time when the Fed was deciding whether or not to taper their bond buying, and I was asked a lot about this and the implications on the economy. I'm an Economics major so I enjoyed these questions.

Interview Questions

• If a company were to spend $10M in cash on a piece of equipment, what would happen to the 3 financial statements at t=0 and t=1?   Answer Question
  • There is a machine that makes 8 balls. All of them are identical, except for one ball that weighs slightly more (if you held the ball, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference). You have a two-pan, balance scale that you can only use twice. How would you find the heavier ball?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating; all analysts are paid equally (they do distinguish between sophomores and juniors though)

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Portfolio Management Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview Details – The interview was very technical. No situational questions. They asked me about a stock that I follow and then about the credit of the company, as well as how I would value the company. Two interviewers on the phone.

Interview Question – The most difficult question that I had to answer was that if the company was in extreme debt, how I think they should fund their debt? Or get out of debt?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview Details – Applied online on Linkedin. I was approached by a Recruiter and. Set up Phone interview then face to face interview Process took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through campus recruitment, went to Super day later that week. Went well

Interview Question – Super day - 7, 30 min interviews. Almost completely fit except for one technical portion - nothing hard. Valuation, DCF, etc.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in October 2012.

Interview Details – First interview on a Monday and heard back Tuesday. Flew out Thursday morning to get to know a lot of the VP and MDs during a cocktail hour. Later at night met a lot of analysts and associates at a dinner and then went back to hotel. Early in the morning had 7- 30 minute interviews with all different associates, VPs and MDs in all different industries in their offices. Given a mentor for the time being who was very helpful through out the process. Great company everyone seems down to earth. Best culture of any investment bank I have been to.

Interview Question – Very different behavioral questions which make you think and analyze how to answer it. A few technical questions dealing with valuation of companies. Looking for motivated, hardworking, and leadership skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a position the next week. Called and told me offer (every analyst receives same offer).

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through my career center. It was only one on campus interview. It was about half fit, half technical. They had me walk me though my resume, then asked why STRH and why Atlanta. The two senior bankers didn't have much personality, and were a little bit rude. Afterwords, they invited the top 3-4 candidates to dinner to make their final decision.

Interview Question – How would you assess the credit worthiness of a company?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview, basic stuff. Nothing technical just behavioral. Said I'd be called back for super day if things went well.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do ib at sun trust?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview Details – On campus interview process was very direct. Just one in-person interview and one meet and greet later that day and that's it. All of the interviewers/check-in people were friendly.

Interview Questions

• What's a constructive criticism your old boss would say about you?   View Answer
  • If you were assessing a companies credit worthiness, what would you look at?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in March 2012.

Interview Details – They had a mixer the night before that I went to. Got to know all of the STRH people who came to campus, which helped when I arrived for my interview the next morning. Questions were a mix of technical and behavioral- a large focus on my willingness to accept an offer in ATL instead of NY or Chicago.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Worked for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey employees and interview candidates.