SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Applied online after position was posted on college career website. Got an email and then did a phone interview after waiting a couple weeks. Invited to interview in Atlanta. Had dinner and socializing, then five interviews. As a history major, wasn't asked many technical questions, but didn't know those I was asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the height of a pencil, how would you escape a blender?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Was selected through campus recruiting for an on-campus interview, they requested I build a cash flow model and bring it to the interview. At the interview, they asked me to walk them through the model. No surprises, was invited to Superday in Atlanta. There is a dinner the night before the interview, and then some behavioral/fit interviews the next day. Most of the technical questions came in the on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only ask technical questions about the model, no surprises.   Answer Question

Had several offers from more prestigious firms

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

On campus screening interview, then Superday. Campus screening was purely behavioral-- very similar to most first round interviews. Superday was a series of 6 back to back 30 minute interviews. One interview was technical, but the rest were situational -- tell me about a time you failed, worked on a team, etc.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting through career services job board. Interview was a first round interview on campus. Presumably the second round would be a super day at their office in Atlanta.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, There were only a couple of standard accounting questions for technicals. Not anything you should not have seen before. Everything else was strictly behavioral and fit based.   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2014.

It was a two on one interview with the Senior Vice President and the head of the department. It was a fairly straightforward process. Basic Behavioral fit questions. Tell me about yourself and why you choose this major and this school kind of stuff. They asked me how to pull out a FCF from financial statements but that was the only technical question.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was about FCF's but it was extremely straightforward   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

STRH recruits heavily on campus. Starts with a first round interview with 2 interviewers, then the standard superday with 7 interviews. The initial interview consists of mainly qualitative questions and will rarely ask about a DCF. The superday covers just about everything, but again, not super technical.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was a business case about a car rental company. The interviewer asked, "Based on the business, what would you expect its cash flow statement to look like"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, but the compensation is very reasonable for living in Atlanta.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through university career center and they came to interview on campus. I interviewed with 2 people, a VP and a Director. They asked behavioral questions and also wanted to hear about my work in a class project that dealt with an underwriting process I suppose to test my technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you took on a leadership role in a finance-related activity. What was your exact role in the team, were you more quantitative or qualitative?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through campus, was invited to interview, after the interview was invited to dinner

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to explain how I valued a company, I generally went through DCF and they asked me how I would calculate free cash flows   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Emailed me and then we set up a phone interview, interview was about 30 minutes long, mostly fit questions...was put in touch with an analyst in the group i would be working in and we had a conversation via phone as well..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a task to complete but failed to do so and how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

The interview was very technical. No situational questions. They asked me about a stock that I follow and then about the credit of the company, as well as how I would value the company. Two interviewers on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I had to answer was that if the company was in extreme debt, how I think they should fund their debt? Or get out of debt?   Answer Question