SunTrust Robinson Humphrey
www.suntrustrh.com Atlanta, GA

SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview Details – STRH recruits heavily on campus. Starts with a first round interview with 2 interviewers, then the standard superday with 7 interviews. The initial interview consists of mainly qualitative questions and will rarely ask about a DCF. The superday covers just about everything, but again, not super technical.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was a business case about a car rental company. The interviewer asked, "Based on the business, what would you expect its cash flow statement to look like"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, but the compensation is very reasonable for living in Atlanta.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through campus recruitment, went to Super day later that week. Went well

Interview Question – Super day - 7, 30 min interviews. Almost completely fit except for one technical portion - nothing hard. Valuation, DCF, etc.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in October 2012.

Interview Details – First interview on a Monday and heard back Tuesday. Flew out Thursday morning to get to know a lot of the VP and MDs during a cocktail hour. Later at night met a lot of analysts and associates at a dinner and then went back to hotel. Early in the morning had 7- 30 minute interviews with all different associates, VPs and MDs in all different industries in their offices. Given a mentor for the time being who was very helpful through out the process. Great company everyone seems down to earth. Best culture of any investment bank I have been to.

Interview Question – Very different behavioral questions which make you think and analyze how to answer it. A few technical questions dealing with valuation of companies. Looking for motivated, hardworking, and leadership skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a position the next week. Called and told me offer (every analyst receives same offer).

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through my career center. It was only one on campus interview. It was about half fit, half technical. They had me walk me though my resume, then asked why STRH and why Atlanta. The two senior bankers didn't have much personality, and were a little bit rude. Afterwords, they invited the top 3-4 candidates to dinner to make their final decision.

Interview Question – How would you assess the credit worthiness of a company?   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online via my university's campus recruiting system. The night before the interview they took all the candidates out to dinner for an informal meet and greet. The interview itself was half behavioral, half technical finance. It was a 2:1 with a Senior Banker and a Research Analyst. Overall, the interview was straightforward and not too difficult. Be prepared for a lot of technical questions in a short period of time though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you use EV/EBITDA instead of another metric for valuing a company?   View Answer
  • What is the effect of $10 of depreciation on the three accounting statements?   Answer Question
  • What are the three valuation metrics, and what are the main differences between them?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview, basic stuff. Nothing technical just behavioral. Said I'd be called back for super day if things went well.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do ib at sun trust?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview Details – On campus interview process was very direct. Just one in-person interview and one meet and greet later that day and that's it. All of the interviewers/check-in people were friendly.

Interview Questions

• What's a constructive criticism your old boss would say about you?   View Answer
  • If you were assessing a companies credit worthiness, what would you look at?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in March 2012.

Interview Details – They had a mixer the night before that I went to. Got to know all of the STRH people who came to campus, which helped when I arrived for my interview the next morning. Questions were a mix of technical and behavioral- a large focus on my willingness to accept an offer in ATL instead of NY or Chicago.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in October 2011.

Interview Details – On campus 30 minute interview followed by a Superday consisting of five 45 minute interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you judge a company's credit worthiness?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite class? What would the professor of that class say about you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Interview Details – Email drop online, then on interview followed by a super day

Super day was competitive, 50 people interviewing for roughly 12 spots

Typical finance, behavioral, and brain teaser questions

Interview Question – A 10x10 cube - made up of 1x1 smaller cubes falls into a pool of water, how many cubes get wet?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Worked for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Investment Banking Analyst interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey employees and interview candidates.