SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Portfolio Management Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.6

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview

I had five 45-minute interviews with portfolio managers from various groups. Their questions were primarily behavioral. Questions included the following: Why do you want to be a credit analyst? What background do you have in debt? Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge. What was your favorite course in college? What do you like to do in your spare time? Why do you want to live in Atlanta? Why do you want to work for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey?

Interview Questions

• The one technical question I was asked was what might be determinants of free cash flow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I given an offer letter with salary and bonus spelled out and didn't negotiate any terms.

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online after position was posted on college career website. Got an email and then did a phone interview after waiting a couple weeks. Invited to interview in Atlanta. Had dinner and socializing, then five interviews. As a history major, wasn't asked many technical questions, but didn't know those I was asked.

Interview Questions

• If you were the height of a pencil, how would you escape a blender?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was selected through campus recruiting for an on-campus interview, they requested I build a cash flow model and bring it to the interview. At the interview, they asked me to walk them through the model. No surprises, was invited to Superday in Atlanta. There is a dinner the night before the interview, and then some behavioral/fit interviews the next day. Most of the technical questions came in the on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Only ask technical questions about the model, no surprises.   Answer Question

Had several offers from more prestigious firms

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Gainesville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to a info session and then interviewed with two different interviewers in the same room. It was a good process, everything seemed fair and the people were nice. Suntrust seems like a great organization to work for. The job was for their headquarters in Atlanta and the interview process went by fast.

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2014.

Interview

It was a two on one interview with the Senior Vice President and the head of the department. It was a fairly straightforward process. Basic Behavioral fit questions. Tell me about yourself and why you choose this major and this school kind of stuff. They asked me how to pull out a FCF from financial statements but that was the only technical question.

Interview Questions

• The only technical question was about FCF's but it was extremely straightforward   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was very technical. No situational questions. They asked me about a stock that I follow and then about the credit of the company, as well as how I would value the company. Two interviewers on the phone.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I had to answer was that if the company was in extreme debt, how I think they should fund their debt? Or get out of debt?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers did not want to be there. Fairly unpleasant and unprofessional. Boring.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky. Connect the accounting statements, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was selected for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was nice...he actually called all the applicants the night before on-campus interviews to introduce himself. Interview questions were fairly standard. Be able to talk about yourself freely and explain your interest in finance and the role. Questions asked related to my personal interests in the field of finance, my most challenging experience while at my college, and why did I choose my particular school.

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in October 2011.

Interview

Consisted of 30 minute first round, on-campus interview. Two interviewers with a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you look at when lending to a company?   Answer Question