SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Applied online after position was posted on college career website. Got an email and then did a phone interview after waiting a couple weeks. Invited to interview in Atlanta. Had dinner and socializing, then five interviews. As a history major, wasn't asked many technical questions, but didn't know those I was asked.

Interview Questions
  • If you were the height of a pencil, how would you escape a blender?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Was selected through campus recruiting for an on-campus interview, they requested I build a cash flow model and bring it to the interview. At the interview, they asked me to walk them through the model. No surprises, was invited to Superday in Atlanta. There is a dinner the night before the interview, and then some behavioral/fit interviews the next day. Most of the technical questions came in the on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only ask technical questions about the model, no surprises.   Answer Question

Had several offers from more prestigious firms

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2014.

It was a two on one interview with the Senior Vice President and the head of the department. It was a fairly straightforward process. Basic Behavioral fit questions. Tell me about yourself and why you choose this major and this school kind of stuff. They asked me how to pull out a FCF from financial statements but that was the only technical question.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was about FCF's but it was extremely straightforward   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

The interview was very technical. No situational questions. They asked me about a stock that I follow and then about the credit of the company, as well as how I would value the company. Two interviewers on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I had to answer was that if the company was in extreme debt, how I think they should fund their debt? Or get out of debt?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Interviewers did not want to be there. Fairly unpleasant and unprofessional. Boring.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tricky. Connect the accounting statements, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in October 2009.

I was selected for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was nice...he actually called all the applicants the night before on-campus interviews to introduce himself. Interview questions were fairly standard. Be able to talk about yourself freely and explain your interest in finance and the role. Questions asked related to my personal interests in the field of finance, my most challenging experience while at my college, and why did I choose my particular school.

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in October 2011.

Consisted of 30 minute first round, on-campus interview. Two interviewers with a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What factors would you look at when lending to a company?   Answer Question