SunTrust

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller II Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2012.

Interview Details – The process was very simple. I apply online, they called me, ask with I was interested in the teller position, etc.. Then I had interview with the Branch Manager were I went to work. Simple questions, and al my interviewer made me very comfortable and all questions was about my experience as a teller and what I would do in different situations.

Interview Question – I don't remember a difficult question.   Answer Question

Teller II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from a hiring manager and within less than a week I got the job

Interview Question – Describe who you are.   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SunTrust in June 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview and then a interview with the branch manager and head teller.

Interview Question – basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was excited and just took the job.

Teller II

I applied online and interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most questions were geared toward sales experience since it is a sales heavy job.

Interview Question – Some interviewers will actually have you role play. In my interview, I was required to pick up on cues from a customers and make a referral (offer a benefit). Be prepared to think on your feet and it wouldn't hurt to know a bit of what SunTrust has to offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave a desired wage during the phone interview and got what I asked for. Know the average wages and know what skills you have that can earn you more.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email from a Suntrust recruiter, it was followed up by a phone call.
After a few days I got a second call instructing me to go to the branch. At the branch I was met by 2 managers who went over my resume.I got a third email telling me that I passed the interview (1) but needed a second interview at their headquarters in Miami.

Interview Question – How will you react to a robbery?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – A better opportunity came up.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in December 2010.

Interview Details – It wa short and sweet. I applied for the job online. I got a call for an interview about 2-3 weeks later. I interviewed and I got a call from the recruiter the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated my initial pay, but I did not.

Newport News, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in August 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep, 2 on 1 interview with Area and branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you think you would be a good candidate for this position.   View Answer
  • How do you feel you would do selling products and services.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Spoke with HR rep the day after the interview. Some Room for negotiation, but only early on.

Richmond, VA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunTrust in August 2008.

Interview Details – The humans resource manager who contacted me initiated the process. She was a very friendly and lovely lady and helped me throughout the whole process. She answered my questions as a person and not as an employee. This was after the fact that I had been offered the job of course. When they first contact you they seem very strict and hardened. Once of course I got to the interview I was greeted by a woman who then seated me for about 10 minutes. She then called me in and a branch manager along with herself sat down and talked to me for about 40 minutes. Most of the questions were related with previous job experience and various situations within the matter. As I left I asked many questions which they explained well. The next morning I received a call and they had loved me.

Good experience.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging decision you had to make at your last job.   Answer Question

Teller II

The process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very good interview process they seemed needy so the hired quick. and i couldnt harm with that but pay was low.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust Teller II interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees and interview candidates.