SunTrust

Updated Jul 7, 2014

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

The interview was fairly smooth and easy. No hard questions at all. Just your basic interview questions such as, "what would you do in this situation"..."how would you handle this"...then they begin to give you insight on how the company works and how the hours, etc. will be. The interview overall was short, simple, and great.

Interview Questions
  • Did you have any problems with a coworker? If so, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Teller II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

I got a call from a hiring manager and within less than a week I got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SunTrust in June 2013.

phone interview and then a interview with the branch manager and head teller.

Interview Questions
    was excited and just took the job.

Teller II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SunTrust.

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most questions were geared toward sales experience since it is a sales heavy job.

Interview Questions
    • Some interviewers will actually have you role play. In my interview, I was required to pick up on cues from a customers and make a referral (offer a benefit). Be prepared to think on your feet and it wouldn't hurt to know a bit of what SunTrust has to offer.   Answer Question
    I gave a desired wage during the phone interview and got what I asked for. Know the average wages and know what skills you have that can earn you more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

I applied online and within two weeks, I get an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. Next, I got a request for an interview. I interviewed with the manager and teller coordinator. The interview questions were by the book. They had like 4 pages of questions and they took notes on them. Most of the questions were "tell me a time when you had to..." type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. They told me my pay and I accepted the offer.

Teller II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in July 2012.

The process was very simple. I apply online, they called me, ask with I was interested in the teller position, etc.. Then I had interview with the Branch Manager were I went to work. Simple questions, and al my interviewer made me very comfortable and all questions was about my experience as a teller and what I would do in different situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in June 2011.

I received an email from a Suntrust recruiter, it was followed up by a phone call.
    After a few days I got a second call instructing me to go to the branch. At the branch I was met by 2 managers who went over my resume.I got a third email telling me that I passed the interview (1) but needed a second interview at their headquarters in Miami.

Interview Questions

A better opportunity came up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunTrust in December 2010.

It wa short and sweet. I applied for the job online. I got a call for an interview about 2-3 weeks later. I interviewed and I got a call from the recruiter the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    I should have negotiated my initial pay, but I did not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunTrust in August 2008.

The humans resource manager who contacted me initiated the process. She was a very friendly and lovely lady and helped me throughout the whole process. She answered my questions as a person and not as an employee. This was after the fact that I had been offered the job of course. When they first contact you they seem very strict and hardened. Once of course I got to the interview I was greeted by a woman who then seated me for about 10 minutes. She then called me in and a branch manager along with herself sat down and talked to me for about 40 minutes. Most of the questions were related with previous job experience and various situations within the matter. As I left I asked many questions which they explained well. The next morning I received a call and they had loved me.

Good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging decision you had to make at your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in August 2008.

Phone interview with HR rep, 2 on 1 interview with Area and branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you think you would be a good candidate for this position.   View Answer
    • How do you feel you would do selling products and services.   View Answer
    Spoke with HR rep the day after the interview. Some Room for negotiation, but only early on.