SunTrust Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in February 2012.

The hiring process was painless and quick. I thought it would have taken longer but was pleased with the process. The hiring process was painless and quick. I thought it would have taken longer but was pleased with the process.

Interview Questions
  • Same questions you would answer at any textbook interview.   Answer Question
I was please with my offer and accepted it.

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at SunTrust in August 2012.

i applied online and a recruiter called me for a phone interview. after the screening i was set up to interview with the branch manager. the recruiter called me the following week with the job offer and i had a choice to accept or decline the job. i then had to be drug tested and pass the background check.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2013.

I applied online, got a call a couple days later for a phone interview. A couple days after that I had an interview with the branch manager. All happened within a week. The branch manager told me that she had 3 other people to interview. I was nervous but she was really nice, down to earth and made the interview easy. About 3 weeks later I got a call saying I was offered the position. Started about a week later. Salary was $10.50/hr and we got paid every 15th and 30th.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have any issues with someone at my previous job?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Normal interview. Asked behavioral questions. Make sure to practice telling a story by stating what the problem was, how you approached it, and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to learn an unusual skill.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

applied online, got a phone interview with some very simple questions. and intervewed with the branch manager after one week

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2012.

HR is in another state. They do a phone interview first which is crucial to getting into the branch for an interview with a manager. Be very friendly with the interviewer on a personal level so they will schedule you the interview with the branch manager.

You will not get more than $10, but negotiate up to 10 and you WILL get it :)

Teller Interview

interviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

apply on line and HR will call you

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2012.

It took them about three days to call me after applying online. They do a phone interview and then schedule the in person interview. The in person interview is not all that difficult. They ask you about your experience, why you want to work at Suntrust, what you know about Suntrust, etc. If you are hired part time, you are expected to stay part time for 12 months so you can't apply for full time openings that might become available in that time

Interview Questions

Only part time was available and I did not want to stay part time for a full year

Anonymous Employee  in  East Riverdale, MD
    Anonymous Employee in East Riverdale, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Applied online and got a call the next day by a recruiter and had a phone interview, basic easy questions. about 3 days later got an email to set up an interview with the 'hiring manager', turned out hiring manger was in fact the branch manager. Interview went quite well (or so i thought), Branch Manager seemed to like me and said they will contact me and let me know their final decision because it wasn't all up to her. About 2 weeks later got an email saying i dint get the job.

Interview Questions
    • expect about 15-20 questions about customer service and scenario questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust in June 2012.

My initial communications with the company upon receipt of my application was good. I was asked about my availability and a few other questions from the recruiter. Since I have 6 years of experience with Bank of America, she told me that she would forward my resume to the banking center manager. We scheduled an interview. I was unaware that I was gonna meet with three managers. It was overall a good experience. I feelt that Suntrust goals are not a strict as some other major institutions i.e BofA. We the interview went really well, however they called and told me that the young lady who was leaving changed her mind about leaving the company. So I was not given not hired.

Interview Questions
    • none, it was a pretty standard interview. They ask scenario type questions.   Answer Question

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!