Sunbelt Rentals Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.3

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Toledo, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Sat down with store manager and district manager. Store manager is grossly overweight and extremely loud. They talked about and asked me questions about my resume and gave me a brief run down of what Sunbelt is and does. I think that you need to be at least 100 lbs overweight to work here. All the employees seem to hate their jobs. No one looked happy. I knew I wasn't going to work here as soon as I walked in the door. The "store" is extremely dirty and unorganized. The building looks like it should be condemned. No impressed at all. Store manager didn't seem to know what he was talking about. He rambled on loudly and somewhat non-coherently about himself and how long he had been with the company. He seemed more interested in self promotion than what I could bring to company. Guys like this manager are the ones that typically are horrible at their job.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Sunbelt?   1 Answer

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter following resume submittal for a role. Interview setup and then met with hiring manager. THe interview was very informal, conversational. The basis was, could I do the job well, and did I mesh with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typical, I requested a specific amount and they made the offer based on this amount.

Class A Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Woburn, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Filled out application, was called in for initial interview. I was hired after that face to face contact. Great interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my thoughts about a union position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was a union position so it followed union policies

Truck Driver Position Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Charleston, SC) in January 2013.

Interview

Was pretty good it was all about safety crazy thing is that their trucks are always over weight all the time but was not made aware of that until I was in the position and it was to late

Interview Questions

• What would u do in these types of situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not one I was given an hr rate and like a dum ***I was being low balled

Stakebody Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Apply online. I recommend calling the individual location and speak to the manager instead of waiting for them to contact you online. The system is not the best.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time when you had to inform a co worker about something that you really didnt want to tell him. I.E. when they messed up on a project at work.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals in April 2010.

Interview

I had a friend tell me they had a job opening. So I called the MGR at the local location to set up a interview. Had the interview on Friday and the 2and on Wednesday and was offered the job later that day.