Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.9

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Supply Chain Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Interview was fair and questions were straightforward. It was one of the easier interviews I have experienced so far. My interviewer was very nice and polite. Make sure you emphasize safety.

Interview Questions

• What was your favourite and least favourite subject at school?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Typical interview questions about your background, major, past work experiences. Interviewer was happy to know that I knew my way around Excel, and I think this is what got me the job. Another key attribute was mentioning a time I had done something out of safety in a previous experience, as Suncor has a big Safety culture. Contacted by HR, called back an hour after interview from HR with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Production Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

25-30 minutes interview with a panel. Just asked questions to clarify what was mentioned on the resume. Have to be very thorough in giving examples on work you did. Everything was based on the resume and cover letter and some common interview questions like when can you start working etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. just had to be thorough with the resume.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

Interview

In person interview. Interviewed with two engineers. Both were pretty nice. They will ask you technical questions so it is definitely good to have taken some courses that are related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you showed your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-op Student - Maintenance Reliability Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

I applied through the university's co-op system. Had an interview 3 weeks after applying. Majority of the co-op students (me as well) are asked to go through thier resume. It is benificial if you explain about your resume in detail. Questions about: why you choose mechanical engineering, favourite course, least favourite course, example of when you encountered conflict and an exaple of a time where you showed initiative for safety. Safety is really important.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question: Example of a time when you faced an obstacle during a project.How did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, because its a co-op position

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Had two interviews. First on phone with HR and a second with HR and two technical guys, which ended up being an extremely technical interview, with questions asked that are meant for a junior, while they were interviewing for a senior position. Haven't heard yet, even when they said that they would let me know either way within a certain duration. One thing I found out was the attitude of the hiring manager. Even if they give a go ahead, I have figured out that I wouldn't enjoy working under him.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Quite pleasant but understandably testing given the role and high quality company. Interviewed with three others, HR plus future line managers. Did not progress at that time due to lacking APEGA designation. Bottom line is do some homework before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were frustrated with people and what did you do to resolve it?   1 Answer