Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

- They use the STAR interview questions Everything was quite easy. My position was located in the downtown of Calgary. I had 2 people interviewing me. The used the STAR style of interviewing questions (situation, task, action, result)

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw something unsafe. What did you do?   Answer Question

Summer Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suncor (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very clear process, but didn't give results very quickly. Had a list of set questions that two people would ask. Very typical questions like describe yourself, what are your best traits, tell me about a time when you had to complete a difficult task in a team. Lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Something like give a scenario where you stopped someone from doing something dangerous?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Interview with one HR and one senior engineer. Approximately 45 mins in length and was kept very casual with back and forth discussing. The recruiter helped you with secondary questions if you found yourself stuck on a question. They asked mostly behavioural questions with a couple questions asking about previous projects you worked on. One question that I feel like cost me the position was related to upholding safety.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you showed great time management   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

The interview was on the telephone about 35 mins, and was 8 in the morning. All the questions were behavioral. The guy was persistent on the fact I had no experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a conflict with your team members?   1 Answer

Co-op Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. Just be yourself and speak genuinely. Make sure to know a bit about the company but dont just recite what you read on the website. Show real interest in the company and company culture. Did interview on a Tuesday and still waiting for a response (it is Saturday now).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Short HR phone call to schedule a phone interview at a later date with hiring manager. The actual phone interview lasted around 45 minutes. Expect usual behavioral questions. After they make a decision HR calls to inform you if you got it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would resolve a conflict ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suncor in May 2015.

Interview

HR called and asked if I was eligible to work in canada when im available to be interview.. etc Phone call interview Interviewed by 3 people on phone The overall process took 2 weeks