Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

- They use the STAR interview questions Everything was quite easy. My position was located in the downtown of Calgary. I had 2 people interviewing me. The used the STAR style of interviewing questions (situation, task, action, result)

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw something unsafe. What did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Short HR phone call to schedule a phone interview at a later date with hiring manager. The actual phone interview lasted around 45 minutes. Expect usual behavioral questions. After they make a decision HR calls to inform you if you got it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would resolve a conflict ?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was by the HR via telephone. She later arranged a telephone interview with 2 technical Managers and the HR manager in attendance. The whole process lasted for about 49minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself Previous Projects Handled and the budgets Use a project to describe the project management process Tell us your greatest challenges Why choose us Any questions for us   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Interview was fair and questions were straightforward. It was one of the easier interviews I have experienced so far. My interviewer was very nice and polite. Make sure you emphasize safety.

Interview Questions

• What was your favourite and least favourite subject at school?   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Typical interview questions about your background, major, past work experiences. Interviewer was happy to know that I knew my way around Excel, and I think this is what got me the job. Another key attribute was mentioning a time I had done something out of safety in a previous experience, as Suncor has a big Safety culture. Contacted by HR, called back an hour after interview from HR with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Super Start Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

it was boring and long periods before meeting again hare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process. We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

I applied through the university's co-op system. Had an interview 3 weeks after applying. Majority of the co-op students (me as well) are asked to go through thier resume. It is benificial if you explain about your resume in detail. Questions about: why you choose mechanical engineering, favourite course, least favourite course, example of when you encountered conflict and an exaple of a time where you showed initiative for safety. Safety is really important.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question: Example of a time when you faced an obstacle during a project.How did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, because its a co-op position