Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.9

Chemical Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Suncor.

Applied online through their career portal. Took approximately 2 and a half weeks for them to get back to me. They contacted me by email, asking me to phone back to them to schedule an hour-long interview two days after. The interviewer is from a technical background and is a very nice person. He began by asking me to describe things I have done in my resume before moving on to behavioural questions. This lasts for approx. 35 mins; the rest of the time was dedicated to me asking them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you applied judgement; favourite and least favourite subjects. Tell me a time when you optimised a process; proficiencies with computer softwares.   Answer Question

Coop Student - Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Suncor in June 2014.

Got a phone call from HR to set up phone interview with the hiring engineer, during the interview two engineers ask me behavioral questions, I answer the questions smoothly and went through what I did in my previous coops, they were interested. A week later I got the offer~

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what is my favourite course, what is my least favourite course, do you have difficult times working with other people? What do I do in leisure? No technical questions at all.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Suncor in February 2013.

Applied online, got call from HR. HR sits in Calgary and better to have her contact on the side because it is a phone interview which you give for this position. Manager gives you a call at the specified time and just do your best.

Interview Questions
    • Tricky Question: What have you done in past to prevent any accidents? Any major safety precautions you took or advised someone to follow it?   Answer Question
    They made me an offer i couldn't refuse. Being serious here.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Suncor in September 2012.

I had two phone interviews and two in person interviews. Interview process was friendly and professional. Process was impressive and well managed. Offer process was fast and well managed.

Interview Questions
    • focused on leadership more than technical skill. not difficutl questions but should be aware of.   Answer Question

Pay

Process Engineering COOP Interview

I applied this position through my university website. About one week later, I got the interview. There were five candidates. Interviewer and HR were kind. They introduced a lot about position and prefer behaviors. Most of the questions were about behaviors.

Interview Questions
    • Did you do something which you tried to achieve it but failed? What you learned from it?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Suncor in June 2011.

-got a phone call for interview scheduling a week before
    -Interviewer told about comopany and its business and then told about the team I will be working with.
    -Later on went through resume pretty much, not a lot of behavioural questions but it might just happen to be me..

accepted as is..

Process Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Suncor in March 2014.

I applied the position through my university's website, and It take two weeks to proceed. The interview is standard,most of the questions are behavior questions.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Suncor.

Interviews went well, reference check was good, managers expressed interest and mentioned they would look at putting together an offer. After that I never heard back from them and wasn't able to get any response from the manager or the HR individual.

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Suncor in February 2014.

Applied online, got a interview confirmation after a month. Had a phone interview, was asked basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where there was a breach of security   Answer Question

Campus Recruitment Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Suncor.

There was a first interview over the phone, and then a face-to-face interview at their location in Oakville. It was a panel interview with the Senior Campus Recruiter and another individual from the HR department. They were cordial and asked a series of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you inherently introverted or does interacting with people drive you to go to work everyday?   Answer Question