Suncor

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.9

Process Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Suncor in March 2014.

I applied the position through my university's website, and It take two weeks to proceed. The interview is standard,most of the questions are behavior questions.

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Suncor in February 2014.

Applied online, got a interview confirmation after a month. Had a phone interview, was asked basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where there was a breach of security   Answer Question

Campus Recruitment Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

There was a first interview over the phone, and then a face-to-face interview at their location in Oakville. It was a panel interview with the Senior Campus Recruiter and another individual from the HR department. They were cordial and asked a series of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you inherently introverted or does interacting with people drive you to go to work everyday?   Answer Question

Talent Manager Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

It took 2-3 week they called for an phone interview

Interview Questions
    • more question were behavioural , they asked me how you handle difficult situation and any task you completed in team what was your role in it   View Answer

Process Engineering COOP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Suncor in November 2013.

The interview was unlike anything I had ever seen or heard.
    I don't remember when exactly I applied but I got a call in November asking when I would available for an interview. I was eager and said the following day.
    The interview was over the phone and the hiring manager told me immediately that she would not be going through the standard behavioural questions.
    She asked me to say something about myself and why I wanted to work with Suncor. Then she asked me a few questions about my resume and that was all.

For others, I would say prepare to have a typical behavioural interview. I think my manager was just different.

Co-op Position Interview

A review of your resume and what you think your biggest accomplishment at each job or volunteer work is, as well as a lot of behavioral type questions. Make sure you have some relevant questions to ask them as well because they allocate time for it too.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where someone has done something unsafe and what have you done to correct it?   Answer Question

Control Systems Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

I applied through online career centre, where the process took about two weeks.

Was a person-to-person interview, where 2 managers in control systems were there. Was al behaviour questions, no technical. They just want to make sure you are a well-around team worker with strong passion.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions, but they really liked it when you asked them about how their SOR is one of the best   View Answer

E/I Coop Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

apply from school

Interview Questions
    • Behaviour question and some knowledge about instrumentation and electrical   Answer Question

OEMS Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Suncor in October 2013.

I applied online and received a screening call roughly a week later. I was contacted by HR to set up an in person Interview with two people in the group and HR. STARS style questions, nothing out of the ordinary.
    I was then contacted by HR for a 2nd interview. It was supposed to be with one of the people from before & manager, but ended up being with two colleagues. This was much more along the personal style and work "fit", but was still structured. I provided them with a package of my credentials and references, (which they seemed unprepared for). I was told that they would be making a decision and I would hear from them by the end of week.....I didn't.
    Early the next week I received an form email from HR that they were "unable to proceed with processing my application".....what does that even mean?????? I responded to the HR rep and interviewer, inviting them to provide me with some constructive feedback. I have not heard back from them, nor do I expect to. It shows me dismissive disrespect for the time we mutually put into the process. Perhaps I dodged a bullet if that is part of the culture

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected...just standard "STARS" questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor in October 2013.

First there was a phone interview and then in-person interview. On the phone, they asked what I my educational background was, my current work, and what my career goals were. After few questions, they asked me to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Over all the interview is pretty casual, but there were some technical questions. Please make sure that you have questions for your interviwee, they will know that you are interested. Most of the questions are behaviour related questions.   Answer Question