Suncor

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

Talent Manager Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

It took 2-3 week they called for an phone interview

Interview Questions
    • more question were behavioural , they asked me how you handle difficult situation and any task you completed in team what was your role in it   View Answer

Process Engineering COOP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Suncor in November 2013.

The interview was unlike anything I had ever seen or heard.
    I don't remember when exactly I applied but I got a call in November asking when I would available for an interview. I was eager and said the following day.
    The interview was over the phone and the hiring manager told me immediately that she would not be going through the standard behavioural questions.
    She asked me to say something about myself and why I wanted to work with Suncor. Then she asked me a few questions about my resume and that was all.

For others, I would say prepare to have a typical behavioural interview. I think my manager was just different.

Co-op Position Interview

A review of your resume and what you think your biggest accomplishment at each job or volunteer work is, as well as a lot of behavioral type questions. Make sure you have some relevant questions to ask them as well because they allocate time for it too.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where someone has done something unsafe and what have you done to correct it?   Answer Question

Control Systems Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

I applied through online career centre, where the process took about two weeks.

Was a person-to-person interview, where 2 managers in control systems were there. Was al behaviour questions, no technical. They just want to make sure you are a well-around team worker with strong passion.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions, but they really liked it when you asked them about how their SOR is one of the best   View Answer

E/I Coop Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

apply from school

Interview Questions
    • Behaviour question and some knowledge about instrumentation and electrical   Answer Question

OEMS Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Suncor in October 2013.

I applied online and received a screening call roughly a week later. I was contacted by HR to set up an in person Interview with two people in the group and HR. STARS style questions, nothing out of the ordinary.
    I was then contacted by HR for a 2nd interview. It was supposed to be with one of the people from before & manager, but ended up being with two colleagues. This was much more along the personal style and work "fit", but was still structured. I provided them with a package of my credentials and references, (which they seemed unprepared for). I was told that they would be making a decision and I would hear from them by the end of week.....I didn't.
    Early the next week I received an form email from HR that they were "unable to proceed with processing my application".....what does that even mean?????? I responded to the HR rep and interviewer, inviting them to provide me with some constructive feedback. I have not heard back from them, nor do I expect to. It shows me dismissive disrespect for the time we mutually put into the process. Perhaps I dodged a bullet if that is part of the culture

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected...just standard "STARS" questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncor in October 2013.

First there was a phone interview and then in-person interview. On the phone, they asked what I my educational background was, my current work, and what my career goals were. After few questions, they asked me to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Over all the interview is pretty casual, but there were some technical questions. Please make sure that you have questions for your interviwee, they will know that you are interested. Most of the questions are behaviour related questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Suncor.

Initial communication via phone will follow up email to schedule interview. Interview occurred 2 days after initial phone call. Non-technical interview, personality questions. Received offer less than a week after interview. Relocation was initiated about a month after offer was signed, relocation was completely paid for, and not complicated at all.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated pay, not very flexible because of set pay guidelines.

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer - Co-op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Suncor in July 2013.

I got a telephonic interview with Suncor. On the day of interview, I kept on waiting but they didn't call me back and didn't even gave me an email mentioning the reason why they couldn't call me back. Then, next day I got an email saying that my interview has been rescheduled and finally I got a call next day. The interviewer was pretty much easy on first 30 minutes. In next 30 minutes, he started to ask me questions about Designing and Drafting software. I told him that I am interested in Reliability and Maintenance and it is not having any application of these software but still he kept on asking and then he was not even aware of the duties/requirements listed for this position. I told him about the requirements and duties listed on their posting and then he said that "Oh, I don't have the posting right in front of me but I will check with our HR" and then at the end he said that well we are right now hiring for design engineers. And then as expected, I didn't got any call back or response from their side after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • most unexpected question was regarding the design stuff. Though, I applied for reliability and maintenance position that had nothing to do with designing and drafting, the interviewer kept on asking me questions on designing software. I was surprised that he was not even knowing the duties mentioned for this posting on their website.   Answer Question

Industrial Hygiene Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Suncor in July 2013.

Submitted my application and received a call from the HR recruiter 2 business days later. She wasn't the most organized and then the Calgary flooding didn't exactly show off her communication/organizational skills. I ended up having my interview 2 weeks later over the phone with the manager of the department. She was nice, professional, and tried to make me feel comfortable. The interview itself was a bit of a mess since I felt it lacked structure. It was 5 questions, the first one being me talking about my resume, the last 4 being behavioural questions. Ended up being an hour, but we were given 45minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to collect information, analyze the information, and then make a decision based on what you had acquired.   Answer Question
    None, it was a co-op position.