Suncorp Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months - interviewed at Suncorp in December 2010.

Involved 3 rounds of interviews, the first with two managers followed by an interview with one manager and a national manager. The second interview included some testing on software packages.

Team Leader IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Suncorp in January 2010.

Responded to their job alert subscription via the Suncorp website, submitted application to their internal recruiter, had 2 rounds of interviews (1. hiring manager, and then 2. manager once removed and their peer) and was offered a package that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not hard, typical for the role I applied for.   Answer Question
    They met my package expectations 1st go.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Suncorp in September 2013.

Initial application on-line, process included

On-line aptitude tests
    Assessment Centre (Group activity and Interview, many candidates present)
    Reference checks
    Criminal History Checks
    Validation of academic results

There was no technical questions, though you get the opportunity to speak with team leaders who may want to know a bit about what you're interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too extraordinary, know a lot about the Suncorp Group (the whole group, not just the area you're applying for)   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Psychometric Test + Video Interview + Assessment Centre. Interviewers were very friendly and got a chance to ask them many questions, regarding what they do and what the work culture is like.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common behavioural ones. There is also a business case study about recent events that have occurred.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Tell me about yourself

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toowoomba (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toowoomba (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Suncorp.

Internal

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest mistake you've seen a leader make and why? What would you have done?   Answer Question
    Set salary starting wage

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Suncorp in August 2011.

Applied online, contacted for an interview nearly 3 weeks later.

First interview was with a peer and the team leader and focussed on my broader understanding of the role, the organisation, and technical understanding of Risk. Following this I completed online Psychometric testing.

Second interview was with the team leader and manager for the department and was a more behavioural style interview. The style was fairly relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you influence someone to make a change to their business?   Answer Question
    I asked for a salary I felt was commensurate with my skills and experience which was accepted.

Sales & Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Suncorp in September 2010.

Phone interview, Online test, group interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Suncorp.

my manager took a plotted graph and got me to make a few commentary around it. basically the graph defines the trends of insurance premium and how it changes as the months move on. it's saying that the growth of insurance premium goes through seasonality especially during low months such as april and dec whereby businesses are closed for easters and christmas.

Interview Questions
    • if you are from actuarial background, there should not be any questions considered as hard to you haha.   Answer Question
    tough as they were going through a tough financial crisis so i had to lower my bargain down by 5k.

BI Administrator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Suncorp.

- Applied
    - Face to face board interview
    - Job Offer

A little original offer was less than I was on in my then current role.

Worked for Suncorp? Contribute to the Community!