Suncorp

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.8

Business Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Suncorp.

Group interview:

Stage 1: Casual Group interview

The entire group is split into groups of three. In each subgroup there are two leaders from Suncorp. This is your opportunity to have a fairly casual interaction with the leaders at Suncorp, and for the leaders at Suncorp to ask questions about you.

Stage 2: Behavioural Game

This will be different from interview to interview. In your small subgroup you get to play a game. We had to construct paper planes. The game lasted three iterations. The group leaders spend the time observing your participation in the activity

Stage 3: Quick fire interview

The quick fire interview consists of four 10min interviews from the pool of leaders at Suncorp. Who gets to interview you is random. Fairly standard 1 on 1 interviews.

No negotiation, just given a flat hourly rate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Suncorp in August 2014.

got a call from the team leader and asked to finish a test, and then one week later had an interview in the Brisbane.
    It was java test, oop question, three questions select on question to finish in two days.
    the interview was only about the how you deal with some bad situation in the work, such as if something fate happens before the deadline, what you are going to do to deal with this?

Interview Questions
    • the whole interview process took about 1 hour, no technical questions but only behaviour questions   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Psychometric Test + Video Interview + Assessment Centre. Interviewers were very friendly and got a chance to ask them many questions, regarding what they do and what the work culture is like.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common behavioural ones. There is also a business case study about recent events that have occurred.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Tell me about yourself

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toowoomba (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toowoomba (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Suncorp.

Internal

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest mistake you've seen a leader make and why? What would you have done?   Answer Question
    Set salary starting wage

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Suncorp in September 2013.

Initial application on-line, process included

On-line aptitude tests
    Assessment Centre (Group activity and Interview, many candidates present)
    Reference checks
    Criminal History Checks
    Validation of academic results

There was no technical questions, though you get the opportunity to speak with team leaders who may want to know a bit about what you're interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too extraordinary, know a lot about the Suncorp Group (the whole group, not just the area you're applying for)   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suncorp.

my manager took a plotted graph and got me to make a few commentary around it. basically the graph defines the trends of insurance premium and how it changes as the months move on. it's saying that the growth of insurance premium goes through seasonality especially during low months such as april and dec whereby businesses are closed for easters and christmas.

Interview Questions
    • if you are from actuarial background, there should not be any questions considered as hard to you haha.   Answer Question
    tough as they were going through a tough financial crisis so i had to lower my bargain down by 5k.

BI Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Suncorp.

- Applied
    - Face to face board interview
    - Job Offer

A little original offer was less than I was on in my then current role.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Suncorp in August 2011.

Applied online, contacted for an interview nearly 3 weeks later.

First interview was with a peer and the team leader and focussed on my broader understanding of the role, the organisation, and technical understanding of Risk. Following this I completed online Psychometric testing.

Second interview was with the team leader and manager for the department and was a more behavioural style interview. The style was fairly relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you influence someone to make a change to their business?   Answer Question
    I asked for a salary I felt was commensurate with my skills and experience which was accepted.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Suncorp in May 2011.

Suncorp were very fast and efficient in processing my application. After the initial online application and testing, I was given a phone interview with HR, phone interview with manager, phone interview with executive manager and video conference with executive manager in that order. All this occurred in less than 3 weeks. Everyone I dealt with at Suncorp was very professional and friendly and it really seems like a great place to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked as a team and you were not successful.   Answer Question
    • Do you participate in any online forums?   Answer Question

Received an offer from another firm which was more relevant to my degree