Sunera

Very Easy Interview

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sunera in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process involved only a lunch with the director and senior manager of the local office.

Interview Question – They did not ask any questions regarding my background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They originally said they were going to have me come on as a consultant making $30 an hour. They duped me to getting $38,000 as salary (looked better for their bottomline).

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sunera.

Interview Details – Overall a pleasant experience.
First round was a phone interview with an HR representative.
The same day I was notified me that they wanted to continue forward with the in-person interview. After scheduling the interview I came in and had about 4 different interviews with different individuals. Some were managers and some appeared to be potential coworkers.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really difficult or unexpected. Typical stuff. Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for Sunera?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Miramar, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sunera in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied to a full time Risk Analyst position through my school's career services website. Selected for on-campus interview and met with an associate who was very friendly, however did not seem to be well prepared for the interview. Gave background of the company, which fit what I had expected of a small/growing accounting & consulting firm.

Although the job posting detailed a full time entry level position, toward the end of the interview the associate began rambling on about how its great to start as an intern and "get your foot in the door". Why was he bringing this up when I had responded to a posting for a full time entry level position? I later found out that this firm hires associates who are expecting to be full time as interns and some (who have already have BBA or MBA) work for a year before given an entry level full time role. He extended offer for second interview, but I decided to walk away from the opportunity.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – As a graduating senior I was not interested in an internship opportunity and was led to believe they were offering full time positions when they were not.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant Intern Interview

Consultant Intern
Miramar, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sunera in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with a very friendly and welcoming senior-level employee there. I was asked about my past work experiences and recent college coursework - they expressed that they wanted to know if I could communicate well. Starting out in the interview process, I was under the impression that the position was mostly related to analytics and statistics

At the on site interview, I met with the entire staff of less than ten people. I interviewed with five of them (one by one) including a real tough senior director. Each had a copy of my resume and asked me the same questions about my past work experiences and relevant college coursework. The content of their technical questions made me feel as though they were looking for someone with a finance/accounting background and I had neither (which they should have obviously known by this point). In retrospect, I am not sure why I was invited for the interview as I didn't seem to have the training they were expecting me to already be equipped with.

I learned that even their interns had either already earned or were working toward their MBA's/Masters and that they had worked in an intern position for an entire year before reaching an "entry level" consultant position.
Even though they asked tough questions, they were all polite and engaging.

The office premises was rather small (about three rooms) and each employee worked in a cubicle the size of a school desk.

A few days after the interview I was informed that they had picked another candidate (no hard feelings) - someone with a more relevant background most probably.

Interview Question – What do you know about accounting laws and practices?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Security Consultant

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sunera in April 2012.

Interview Details – The Sunera interview process consisted of a phone screening and three technical panel interviews. The interview questions were pretty generic and not anything very technical.

Interview Question – Explain XSS to a non-technical person   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There was just something that didn't seem right while talking with the different members of team.

The job post said 25% travel and no mention of any odd hours.
The phone screening mentioned around 25% travel and no odd hours
The first panel interview - 25% travel and no odd hours
The Second panel interview - expect 40%, but it's way less
The Third panel interview - 50%+ travel, 25+ Over Nights

They seemed really shady and not upfront.

Worked for Sunera? Contribute to the Community!