Sunera Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.2

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunera.

Interview

Contacted first by recruiter from corporate office for standard pre-screening. Then told I would go to office for actual interview. Met with quite a few people while at the office, entire process took almost 2 hours. Kept offering me water. Very friendly environment. Asked me a lot of the same questions in each interview, not sure if it was on purpose or not.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunera (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by several recruiters for the same position and eventually did 2 phone screens and a live interview with 2 partners. They made us meet in a local diner since they didn't have any offices. They spent the whole time talking about their company's history and projected growth. I think they are just interviewing big 4 candidates and then rejecting them to help build their reputation. Nothing went wrong on the interviews (aside from them forcing me to sit in formal clothing in a diner watching them eat cake), and nobody ever got back to me even with a no. Which isn't uncommon, just unprofessional and shows they don't really care

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunera.

Interview

Overall a pleasant experience. First round was a phone interview with an HR representative. The same day I was notified me that they wanted to continue forward with the in-person interview. After scheduling the interview I came in and had about 4 different interviews with different individuals. Some were managers and some appeared to be potential coworkers.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult or unexpected. Typical stuff. Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for Sunera?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunera (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The company appeared in my university's career fair. I approached the representatives, and they were very professional and knowledgeable from the get-go. A few days after the information exchange, I received a call from a business development employee to set up a phone interview. Once set up, the phone interview was done with two partners on the other end. They asked me basic questions about my technical background along with other information seeking questions and then set up a date and time for an in-person interview. After about a week, they put me up in a hotel for one night, and conducted the interview the next morning. The interview was basic, not very challenging, and included explanations about the company, where it came from, how it got to where it is currently, and how it is planning on continuing to grow. One of the partners as well as a director invited me out and treated me to lunch after the interview. Overall, it a very pleasurable, non-intimidating, and informative interview process.

Negotiation

As an entry-level consultant, I proposed a salary increase a few days after I received the offer letter. It was rejected on the grounds that the initial amount was what they usually offered candidates with my level of experience and academic background, and that they could not alter it. My advice: entry-level candidates most likely will not be able to negotiate salary, but it doesn't hurt to try. I am unsure about other positions.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunera (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring process involved only a lunch with the director and senior manager of the local office.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any questions regarding my background   Answer Question

Negotiation

They originally said they were going to have me come on as a consultant making $30 an hour. They duped me to getting $38,000 as salary (looked better for their bottomline).

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunera (Miramar, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied to a full time Risk Analyst position through my school's career services website. Selected for on-campus interview and met with an associate who was very friendly, however did not seem to be well prepared for the interview. Gave background of the company, which fit what I had expected of a small/growing accounting & consulting firm. Although the job posting detailed a full time entry level position, toward the end of the interview the associate began rambling on about how its great to start as an intern and "get your foot in the door". Why was he bringing this up when I had responded to a posting for a full time entry level position? I later found out that this firm hires associates who are expecting to be full time as interns and some (who have already have BBA or MBA) work for a year before given an entry level full time role. He extended offer for second interview, but I decided to walk away from the opportunity.

Interview Questions

As a graduating senior I was not interested in an internship opportunity and was led to believe they were offering full time positions when they were not.

Consultant Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunera (Miramar, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with a very friendly and welcoming senior-level employee there. I was asked about my past work experiences and recent college coursework - they expressed that they wanted to know if I could communicate well. Starting out in the interview process, I was under the impression that the position was mostly related to analytics and statistics At the on site interview, I met with the entire staff of less than ten people. I interviewed with five of them (one by one) including a real tough senior director. Each had a copy of my resume and asked me the same questions about my past work experiences and relevant college coursework. The content of their technical questions made me feel as though they were looking for someone with a finance/accounting background and I had neither (which they should have obviously known by this point). In retrospect, I am not sure why I was invited for the interview as I didn't seem to have the training they were expecting me to already be equipped with. I learned that even their interns had either already earned or were working toward their MBA's/Masters and that they had worked in an intern position for an entire year before reaching an "entry level" consultant position. Even though they asked tough questions, they were all polite and engaging. The office premises was rather small (about three rooms) and each employee worked in a cubicle the size of a school desk. A few days after the interview I was informed that they had picked another candidate (no hard feelings) - someone with a more relevant background most probably.

Security Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunera in April 2012.

Interview

The Sunera interview process consisted of a phone screening and three technical panel interviews. The interview questions were pretty generic and not anything very technical.

Interview Questions

There was just something that didn't seem right while talking with the different members of team. The job post said 25% travel and no mention of any odd hours. The phone screening mentioned around 25% travel and no odd hours The first panel interview - 25% travel and no odd hours The Second panel interview - expect 40%, but it's way less The Third panel interview - 50%+ travel, 25+ Over Nights They seemed really shady and not upfront.