Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions in Carlstadt, NJ

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlstadt, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlstadt, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in April 2009.

Initial contact was through a recruiter I found via an online ad. Was phone screened by the recruiter and HR, then called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well and was followed up with a background check and a long psychological profile test. I was required to get two written references from my previous employer, which turned out to be difficult since my previous employer had a policy to never give written references, so it took some negotiation with my recruiter and time tracking down former colleagues who held manager/ supervisor positions and were not bound by the restrictive policy. The results of the background check and psych profile came back positive, but took nearly three weeks for reasons unknown, delaying my start date. There was a brief period of salary negotiation, and then my offer letter was in hand.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions, I was far more technical than the interviewer. Business questions were the normal "how would you handle an irate client" type questions.   Answer Question
    There was very little room for negotiation, or so I was told, was able to get a token increase but was told that it was as far as they could go. In retrospect, I probably could've done better if I bargained harder, but I doubt I could've gotten a real substantial bump up.

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!