Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and ended with a moderate length in person interview. Was interviewed by the architects at the time. Nothing fancy, pretty straightforward. The interviewers were relaxed, no pressure and no air of arrogance or superiority.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied online through their website.

Initial Phone Screening included basic networking questions like TCP/IP stack, difference between frames and packets, what constitutes Layer-1, etc. and the interviewer answered any questions I had, regarding day-to-day job.

Face to face interview was centered around routing and switching technical questions with emphasis on BGP, OSPF, VLANs, packet flow through Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices. Also dived little bit into IPSec and GRE VPNs.

It was a good experience overall.

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You go through data center security gate and give id then walk up to the suite for Sungard AS. You take a seat in conference room and here is where the interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about you previous jobs and what did you accomplish there. Then the rest of the questions are about how you showed Sungard AS values at previous jobs. He went through the Sungard AS values and a response on the need to be given.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later I received an email from a senior recruiter. I had the call with him and I thought it went really well especially since the recruiter told me he wanted to move me up in the process and I went over the call by 30 minute talking personal things (back and forth.. not just about me) with him. I was told that I would hear an answer from him by the end of the week, "if not sooner". I was also told if I had other offers, I could email him to speed up the process. I was told this on Wednesday. Friday came and passed with no answer. I waited until next Wednesday and emailed the recruiter. No answer. The next Friday came and still no answer. I assumed he lied or they weren't interested in me.. so no offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions. Typical "what would you do if.." situations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Applied online and the process took a week. We didn't proceed further on the phone once I told her I need sponsorship and unfortunately they don't offer sponsorship due to lack of funds. However, the HR lady was very nice on the phone and she will keep my resume in the data in case anything changes.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

When I was hired submitted resume, background check, talked with dept mgr, called back for face to face and hired. From start to finish was about 30 days. Drug test. Interview with dept mgr then his director. Very smooth process. On boarding was very minimal that could be better done. Training for SunGard culture is nearly non-existing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. They made an offer I asked for more. They gave me 75% of the difference. Negotiated longer vacation time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviews themselves were casual, but the duration to hire is lengthy. Initial phone interview, then face to face sessions (two total). Office is drab, but lively. Seems to be opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products?
      What motivates you to perform at your peak?
      How would your colleagues describe you?

Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

the interview process was easy and fair nothing special about the interview. The interviewer was informative and knowledgable about Sungard as a whole. They explained the process as well as the compensation package.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Phila, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Received referral from current employee, resume forwarded to Recruiting & phone screen set up within under a week. Face to Face interviews set within 2 weeks with hiring manager and team. Professional, direct communications on role and company culture.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking (to change jobs)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated for vacation and reimbursement for professional certification/continuing education.

Product Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Thornton, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR (phone interview)
    Phone interview with manager
    In person interview with 3 people
    Drug test and Background Check

They took for ever to make an offer, in the mean time I had another offer.