Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014
48 interviews

2.6

Network Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in March 2012.

It was OK, could have been a bit more centric on roles and responsabilties. Salary is not what I expected. I like turtles, Jim Norton is funny. I like Lucky Louis. Louis CK is funny. I want a million dollars so I can do live the life of a rock star.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2014.

Received referral from current employee, resume forwarded to Recruiting & phone screen set up within under a week. Face to Face interviews set within 2 weeks with hiring manager and team. Professional, direct communications on role and company culture.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for vacation and reimbursement for professional certification/continuing education.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in February 2012.

The interview process can be a little slow compared to other companies but it is for good reason. Because an SDM works accross multiple towers and at an Executive level, there are many opinions that come into play during the interview process. The ability to be patient during this interview process will also show how patient you can be once in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you worked conveying technical information to a nontechnical audience. Because we work with DR Coorindators often they may not be as technical as we are or the teams we work with daily. They need to understand how to manage the information we present to ensure the technical teams understand the requirements of our requests.   View Answer
    Sat down with the hiring manager and presented my pay expectation based on the level of work invovled after the interview. I actually undervalued myself and he offered more than expected.

Product Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in March 2014.

Contacted by HR (phone interview)
    Phone interview with manager
    In person interview with 3 people
    Drug test and Background Check

They took for ever to make an offer, in the mean time I had another offer.

Service Desk Agnet Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2013.

Contract to hire through third party contractor

Interview Questions
    • Why are manholes shaped the way they are?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in February 2014.

HR was very quick and responsive. I applied for the position online and the next week HR contacted me to setup a phone interview; all of the scheduling and communications were done via email. I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and his team lead. I felt that they were fair in the job description and what they were looking for in a candidate. I must say that right off the bat this was a technical interview. They didn't really care about my personality or my work ethnic just my technical ability, and I am not sure this was a "good" method to hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult; they just stuck to the requirements for any vmware knowledgeable candidate.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in April 2013.

Started with a phone screen with an Engineering Manager. Asked about previous projects I had worked on and had me explain the various technical aspects of each of them. No coding questions.

Was then brought on-site for a round of interviews with members of each team looking for interns. Each interview was short - no more than 30 minutes. Was asked to write code by only 1 interviewer - the rest mostly wanted to know what projects I worked on in school.

Interview Questions
    • None - all of the questions were straightforward and easy to understand and answer.   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in March 2010.

Hiring process including the standard pre-screening qualification phone interview with internal SunGard recruiter. Second interview was with the hiring manager over the the phone and third was in person. Internal recruiter got back to me within days with salary range and my salary requirements. We negotiated back and forth a couple days and finally I got what I asked for.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. All interview questions were in line with the job description and my experience.   Answer Question
    As long as you understand the position salary ranges (minimum, mid and high) and accurately explain why you fit in one of those categories, you should be realistic and in the end you'll get your number.

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2010.

Everything is done over the phone. The process is easy as none of the interviewers seem technical. HR takes forever to complete the deal once selected. There are multiple simple phone interviews. They seem desperate to get any candidates with experience so if you know stuff you are good to go. Always ask for an extra weeks vacation you will get it. Ask for a higher end salary they are desperate for employees due to their awful reputation for treating engineers poorly.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2012.

The hiring process was very controlled and feedback at each step was ample. At no time did I feel I was being left out of the loop. I probably had THE most number of interviews for the position (10) than I've had for any other position. I was able to interview with almost every major person I would be interacting with. The people I interviewed with were the major reason for accepting the position. They were extremely sharp and professional.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was fairly straight forward. I told them my requirements. They asked if I was flexible and I politely stated those were my minimums. They offered me what I requested.

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!