Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions

2.6

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2014.

Received referral from current employee, resume forwarded to Recruiting & phone screen set up within under a week. Face to Face interviews set within 2 weeks with hiring manager and team. Professional, direct communications on role and company culture.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for vacation and reimbursement for professional certification/continuing education.

Product Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in March 2014.

Contacted by HR (phone interview)
    Phone interview with manager
    In person interview with 3 people
    Drug test and Background Check

They took for ever to make an offer, in the mean time I had another offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in February 2014.

HR was very quick and responsive. I applied for the position online and the next week HR contacted me to setup a phone interview; all of the scheduling and communications were done via email. I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and his team lead. I felt that they were fair in the job description and what they were looking for in a candidate. I must say that right off the bat this was a technical interview. They didn't really care about my personality or my work ethnic just my technical ability, and I am not sure this was a "good" method to hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult; they just stuck to the requirements for any vmware knowledgeable candidate.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interviewed with several managers and colleague. Typical interview questions, challenges and accomplishments and describe your previous positions. Very nice managers, professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging colleague and how did you handle that person.   Answer Question

Service Desk Agnet Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2013.

Contract to hire through third party contractor

Interview Questions
    • Why are manholes shaped the way they are?   View Answer

Data Center Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2013.

I applied online via their website in early July, heard nothing for 7 weeks but got a mid-August 1:1 interview after requesting a status update from HR. I met with the manager of data-center operations who gave me a tour of their Austin facility. We later discussed the position and my professional background, everything was friendly and conversational. I also individually chatted with two members of his staff. Both were cheerful and forthright. A week afterwards, I followed-up with HR and let them know I was still very interested. They said they were done interviewing, but hadn't made a decision. A month later I received a canned email reporting that no one was hired for this role. I later learned that the long delay between my application and interview was because they had pre-selected someone to fill this role, but when their candidate got a lucrative counter-offer (and suddenly became unavailable) they were forced to restart recruitment.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I wasn't asked any difficult questions. It was the smoothest job interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

After two submissions of my resume I finally got a call. Interviewed once, went well. Met with VP, AE and hiring manager. The time to get it all going took forever, and I had to submit my high school diploma before I was hired.

Just an offer letter. Salary was at the bottom scale of the range I was given.

Product Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2013.

I had a phone interview with the manager first, then a 1:1 with 3 people in the department. The interview itself was not that difficult. It was fairly laid back.

I was offered the position, however, the hiring process took seriously long. It was about 6 weeks of background checks and drug tests. I ended up receiving a seperate offer with another company and accepted the offer. I would have loved to work for SunGard, unfortunately it took them way to long to get me an offer. It was pretty disappointing. The background check company they use is a joke... they really could choose a better one.

Interview Questions
    • What was the more difficult class you ever took in college? Now explain it to me as you would to a third grader.   Answer Question

I recieved another offer. I also got a bad vibe from the HR and hiring process.

Consulting Director Interview

Lengthy and sporadic, but on the whole professional in approach and tone. Met with several peer and senior members of the CS organization. Compensation negotiations were handled in a professional way.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in May 2013.

Took about one month. Pretty simple. Starting with recruiter. Then on to the Manager. Next was a discussion with a team member about the actually job duties. Not many questions. More of a casual conversation.

Once the offer was made I had another brief talk with the manager at my request. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    Manager need to go to VP for 2k bump in salary.