Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2010.

Everything is done over the phone. The process is easy as none of the interviewers seem technical. HR takes forever to complete the deal once selected. There are multiple simple phone interviews. They seem desperate to get any candidates with experience so if you know stuff you are good to go. Always ask for an extra weeks vacation you will get it. Ask for a higher end salary they are desperate for employees due to their awful reputation for treating engineers poorly.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2012.

The hiring process was very controlled and feedback at each step was ample. At no time did I feel I was being left out of the loop. I probably had THE most number of interviews for the position (10) than I've had for any other position. I was able to interview with almost every major person I would be interacting with. The people I interviewed with were the major reason for accepting the position. They were extremely sharp and professional.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was fairly straight forward. I told them my requirements. They asked if I was flexible and I politely stated those were my minimums. They offered me what I requested.

Service Delivery Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in October 2011.

Very slow in response and interviews. Interviewed with 8 different team members.

Data Center Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2013.

I applied online via their website in early July, heard nothing for 7 weeks but got a mid-August 1:1 interview after requesting a status update from HR. I met with the manager of data-center operations who gave me a tour of their Austin facility. We later discussed the position and my professional background, everything was friendly and conversational. I also individually chatted with two members of his staff. Both were cheerful and forthright. A week afterwards, I followed-up with HR and let them know I was still very interested. They said they were done interviewing, but hadn't made a decision. A month later I received a canned email reporting that no one was hired for this role. I later learned that the long delay between my application and interview was because they had pre-selected someone to fill this role, but when their candidate got a lucrative counter-offer (and suddenly became unavailable) they were forced to restart recruitment.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I wasn't asked any difficult questions. It was the smoothest job interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2013.

I had a phone interview with the manager first, then a 1:1 with 3 people in the department. The interview itself was not that difficult. It was fairly laid back.

I was offered the position, however, the hiring process took seriously long. It was about 6 weeks of background checks and drug tests. I ended up receiving a seperate offer with another company and accepted the offer. I would have loved to work for SunGard, unfortunately it took them way to long to get me an offer. It was pretty disappointing. The background check company they use is a joke... they really could choose a better one.

Interview Questions
    • What was the more difficult class you ever took in college? Now explain it to me as you would to a third grader.   Answer Question

I recieved another offer. I also got a bad vibe from the HR and hiring process.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interviewed with several managers and colleague. Typical interview questions, challenges and accomplishments and describe your previous positions. Very nice managers, professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging colleague and how did you handle that person.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in June 2010.

Process was quick and efficient, Thumbs up!

Quick and easy

Strategic Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

After two submissions of my resume I finally got a call. Interviewed once, went well. Met with VP, AE and hiring manager. The time to get it all going took forever, and I had to submit my high school diploma before I was hired.

Just an offer letter. Salary was at the bottom scale of the range I was given.

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlstadt, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlstadt, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in April 2009.

Initial contact was through a recruiter I found via an online ad. Was phone screened by the recruiter and HR, then called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well and was followed up with a background check and a long psychological profile test. I was required to get two written references from my previous employer, which turned out to be difficult since my previous employer had a policy to never give written references, so it took some negotiation with my recruiter and time tracking down former colleagues who held manager/ supervisor positions and were not bound by the restrictive policy. The results of the background check and psych profile came back positive, but took nearly three weeks for reasons unknown, delaying my start date. There was a brief period of salary negotiation, and then my offer letter was in hand.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions, I was far more technical than the interviewer. Business questions were the normal "how would you handle an irate client" type questions.   Answer Question
    There was very little room for negotiation, or so I was told, was able to get a token increase but was told that it was as far as they could go. In retrospect, I probably could've done better if I bargained harder, but I doubt I could've gotten a real substantial bump up.

Consulting Director Interview

Lengthy and sporadic, but on the whole professional in approach and tone. Met with several peer and senior members of the CS organization. Compensation negotiations were handled in a professional way.