Sungard Availability Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Analyst Intern Interview

Product Analyst Intern
Thornton, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the manager first, then a 1:1 with 3 people in the department. The interview itself was not that difficult. It was fairly laid back.

I was offered the position, however, the hiring process took seriously long. It was about 6 weeks of background checks and drug tests. I ended up receiving a seperate offer with another company and accepted the offer. I would have loved to work for SunGard, unfortunately it took them way to long to get me an offer. It was pretty disappointing. The background check company they use is a joke... they really could choose a better one.

Interview Question – What was the more difficult class you ever took in college? Now explain it to me as you would to a third grader.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I recieved another offer. I also got a bad vibe from the HR and hiring process.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview Details – Interviewed with several managers and colleague. Typical interview questions, challenges and accomplishments and describe your previous positions. Very nice managers, professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging colleague and how did you handle that person.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in June 2010.

Interview Details – Process was quick and efficient, Thumbs up!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SunGard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strategic Account Coordinator Interview

Strategic Account Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview Details – After two submissions of my resume I finally got a call. Interviewed once, went well. Met with VP, AE and hiring manager. The time to get it all going took forever, and I had to submit my high school diploma before I was hired.

Negotiation Details – Just an offer letter. Salary was at the bottom scale of the range I was given.

Recovery Specialist Interview

Recovery Specialist
Carlstadt, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in April 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact was through a recruiter I found via an online ad. Was phone screened by the recruiter and HR, then called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well and was followed up with a background check and a long psychological profile test. I was required to get two written references from my previous employer, which turned out to be difficult since my previous employer had a policy to never give written references, so it took some negotiation with my recruiter and time tracking down former colleagues who held manager/ supervisor positions and were not bound by the restrictive policy. The results of the background check and psych profile came back positive, but took nearly three weeks for reasons unknown, delaying my start date. There was a brief period of salary negotiation, and then my offer letter was in hand.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions, I was far more technical than the interviewer. Business questions were the normal "how would you handle an irate client" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little room for negotiation, or so I was told, was able to get a token increase but was told that it was as far as they could go. In retrospect, I probably could've done better if I bargained harder, but I doubt I could've gotten a real substantial bump up.

Consulting Director Interview

Consulting Director

Interviewed at Sungard Availability Services

Interview Details – Lengthy and sporadic, but on the whole professional in approach and tone. Met with several peer and senior members of the CS organization. Compensation negotiations were handled in a professional way.

Interview Question – Do not recall any "standard" interview questions   Answer Question

Manager, IT Sourcing Interview

Manager, IT Sourcing
Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard vanilla. I met with the hirng manager, their boss, and that person's boss... Executive V.P. level. Interviews went extremely well and ultimately I was offered the position about two weeks later. However, the Thursday prior to the Monday I was due to start, the Hiring Manager phoned me and said that, due to the economic conditions, they needed to rescind the offer. Don't work for these guys. Their management team is a mess and they are not forthright. Months afterward, I saw the job posted again and I never heard from them even though, at the time, they promised me that they would get back to me when things improved. They treat people like they just don't care.

Interview Question – Interview was easy, but management is shifty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated with HR, which was in Florida, for a position in Pennsylvania. I accepted the job, however two days before I was due to start, Sungard pulled the offer stating that they were hurt by the economy. You do not want to work here.

Software Engineer Interm Interview

Software Engineer Interm
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview and one onsite. Talked to 7 different people onsite for about 25-30 minutes each, out which four were technical interviews

Interview Question – Tic-Tac-Toe in javascript   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who had evidently obtained my resume via a previous application I had submitted. I had two technical phone interviews with an architect as well as a sr. software engineering and a manager. Although the team seems to be technically capable they are clueless about how to interview engineers. Questions such as "rank yourself from 1-10" were asked regarding different technologies. After the phone interview the recruiter emailed me stating I was going to be brought in for an onsite interview but that was soon redacted. Based on the reviews this division of Sungard has been getting it's no wonder they have a poor rating of 2.3 out of 5 stars. Consider getting recruiters with actual "technical" backgrounds as opposed to other disciplines such as accounting. Also consider training your engineers on how to interview other engineers. Ranking questions are not a good indicator of skill level as they're entirely subjective.

Interview Question – If you had to design a continuous delivery system from scratch how would you do so? What tools, technology and platform would you use.   Answer Question

Network Engineer I Interview

Network Engineer I
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter and set up with a phone screen, and then a face-to-face interview. Was interviewed by current members of the team I was on as well as the manager. Interview was mostly technical and focused on existing skills and in my opinion was also an assessment of my ability to learn new technologies.

Interview Question – I was asked technical questions beyond the depth of my knowledge.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't know that I could negotiate a salary, I thought everyone made the same amount so I didn't question it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sungard Availability Services