Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Thornton, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with tech lead and project manager/scrum master. Phone interview with another team member. Submitted an example software project based on the needs of the position. Another phone interview with a different team member. In-person interview at the Thornton, CO office with the whole team and management.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the process of forming a TCP/IP connection.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and vacation time were both negotiated somewhat successfully. I was able to achieve a small increase over my current salary and retain my vacation allotment relative to my current position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in February 2014.

Interview

HR was very quick and responsive. I applied for the position online and the next week HR contacted me to setup a phone interview; all of the scheduling and communications were done via email. I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and his team lead. I felt that they were fair in the job description and what they were looking for in a candidate. I must say that right off the bat this was a technical interview. They didn't really care about my personality or my work ethnic just my technical ability, and I am not sure this was a "good" method to hire anyone.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult; they just stuck to the requirements for any vmware knowledgeable candidate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Interviewed with several managers and colleague. Typical interview questions, challenges and accomplishments and describe your previous positions. Very nice managers, professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging colleague and how did you handle that person.   Answer Question

Service Desk Agnet Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2013.

Interview

Contract to hire through third party contractor

Interview Questions

• Why are manholes shaped the way they are?   1 Answer

Data Center Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online via their website in early July, heard nothing for 7 weeks but got a mid-August 1:1 interview after requesting a status update from HR. I met with the manager of data-center operations who gave me a tour of their Austin facility. We later discussed the position and my professional background, everything was friendly and conversational. I also individually chatted with two members of his staff. Both were cheerful and forthright. A week afterwards, I followed-up with HR and let them know I was still very interested. They said they were done interviewing, but hadn't made a decision. A month later I received a canned email reporting that no one was hired for this role. I later learned that the long delay between my application and interview was because they had pre-selected someone to fill this role, but when their candidate got a lucrative counter-offer (and suddenly became unavailable) they were forced to restart recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I wasn't asked any difficult questions. It was the smoothest job interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

After two submissions of my resume I finally got a call. Interviewed once, went well. Met with VP, AE and hiring manager. The time to get it all going took forever, and I had to submit my high school diploma before I was hired.

Negotiation

Just an offer letter. Salary was at the bottom scale of the range I was given.

Product Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Thornton, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager first, then a 1:1 with 3 people in the department. The interview itself was not that difficult. It was fairly laid back.

I was offered the position, however, the hiring process took seriously long. It was about 6 weeks of background checks and drug tests. I ended up receiving a seperate offer with another company and accepted the offer. I would have loved to work for SunGard, unfortunately it took them way to long to get me an offer. It was pretty disappointing. The background check company they use is a joke... they really could choose a better one.

Interview Questions

• What was the more difficult class you ever took in college? Now explain it to me as you would to a third grader.   Answer Question

I recieved another offer. I also got a bad vibe from the HR and hiring process.

Consulting Director Interview

Interview

Lengthy and sporadic, but on the whole professional in approach and tone. Met with several peer and senior members of the CS organization. Compensation negotiations were handled in a professional way.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services in May 2013.

Interview

Took about one month. Pretty simple. Starting with recruiter. Then on to the Manager. Next was a discussion with a team member about the actually job duties. Not many questions. More of a casual conversation.

Once the offer was made I had another brief talk with the manager at my request. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Manager need to go to VP for 2k bump in salary.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. I started by submitting my resume online, attaching a resume. I received a call from the Human Resource manager within 2 days. A phone interview was scheduled within the first week after my resume was submitted. A second telephone interview was conducted with my direct report manager. The following week a third interview was conducted with the other Regional Managers and group Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a business you have been involved with to make major changes or implement new processes.   1 Answer