Sungard Availability Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Service Delivery Manager
Wayne, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process can be a little slow compared to other companies but it is for good reason. Because an SDM works accross multiple towers and at an Executive level, there are many opinions that come into play during the interview process. The ability to be patient during this interview process will also show how patient you can be once in the door.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you worked conveying technical information to a nontechnical audience. Because we work with DR Coorindators often they may not be as technical as we are or the teams we work with daily. They need to understand how to manage the information we present to ensure the technical teams understand the requirements of our requests.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Sat down with the hiring manager and presented my pay expectation based on the level of work invovled after the interview. I actually undervalued myself and he offered more than expected.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Senior Storage Engineer
Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – Everything is done over the phone. The process is easy as none of the interviewers seem technical. HR takes forever to complete the deal once selected. There are multiple simple phone interviews. They seem desperate to get any candidates with experience so if you know stuff you are good to go. Always ask for an extra weeks vacation you will get it. Ask for a higher end salary they are desperate for employees due to their awful reputation for treating engineers poorly.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult at all.   Answer Question

Manager, IT Sourcing Interview

Manager, IT Sourcing
Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard vanilla. I met with the hirng manager, their boss, and that person's boss... Executive V.P. level. Interviews went extremely well and ultimately I was offered the position about two weeks later. However, the Thursday prior to the Monday I was due to start, the Hiring Manager phoned me and said that, due to the economic conditions, they needed to rescind the offer. Don't work for these guys. Their management team is a mess and they are not forthright. Months afterward, I saw the job posted again and I never heard from them even though, at the time, they promised me that they would get back to me when things improved. They treat people like they just don't care.

Interview Question – Interview was easy, but management is shifty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated with HR, which was in Florida, for a position in Pennsylvania. I accepted the job, however two days before I was due to start, Sungard pulled the offer stating that they were hurt by the economy. You do not want to work here.

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst
Wayne, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – It's a very typical process. I applied online, and a few weeks later I received a phone call from a HR person. This person will then setup an phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager was straightforward. He will ask you one statistics question: what is r-squared. Very simple. After you'll be invited to an in-person interview. For the in-person interview, you will first meet with the same HR person you initially spoken with in the lobby where he just interviews with you there; which is really odd. Then you're taken to a conference room to interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asks you to rate your interest in seven different job roles. After, they bring in 4 analyst all at once to speak with you. No hard questions were asked.

Overall easy process. They use outside recruiters as well and interview many candidates.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in July 2008.

Interview Details – Met with 3 managers to discuss background. Pretty straight forward for an IT business analyst moving into the DR/BCP role.

Interview Question – Tell us about your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Disaster Recovery Project Manager Interview

Disaster Recovery Project Manager
Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone call to set-up an appointment. I setup the interview for the afternoon, thereby avoiding rush hour traffic.

The intreview was with a supervisor and the director of the department. They asked about my background and wanted detail information about disaster ecovery project management. The supervisor did not show a lot of interest, She was going through the motions. The direct was more formal in his approach. It appeared to me they had their selection chosen before my interview. I felt my interview was a way to meet their quota.

Interview Question – Can't recall   Answer Question

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!